Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]

Go down 
+34
journeyman
jstate
GrandNational
DeathCult
Schbopo
sovdat
exact33
Hamer12
krokus
Required Fields
XYZ
EvyMetal
candlemass
Shiney
SideShowDisaSter
Stender
the sentinel
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Invader
manny
Thrasher73
nevermore
DallasBlack
Olafsto
kmorg
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
sam
akeldama
SAHB Healer
rattpoison
Wargod
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:13 pm

Shiney wrote:

PSYCHEDELIC COWBOY- "Are You Alive?"

I've heard of them....are they any good? Or are they another Hair Band with an interesting name.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:45 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Shiney wrote:

I've heard of them....are they any good? Or are they another Hair Band with an interesting name.

I think there have been at least three bands with that name, but these guys have the classic Cult influenced L.A. 1990 sound. Reminds me of The Front, Almighty, Balaam & The Angel, all that.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:50 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Shiney wrote:

I think there have been at least three bands with that name, but these guys have the classic Cult influenced L.A. 1990 sound. Reminds me of The Front, Almighty, Balaam & The Angel, all that.

Hmmm.....sounds good. I love every band you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 7:56 pm

rattpoison wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Shiney wrote:

I think you should ask Santa for that one. Do they have Christmas down there in Austria Wink or wherever it is you live?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 8:48 pm

It's very much as SAHB described....

And you can get it from cdbaby.

Why must you always dig on my love of the hair bands?!?!? Sad

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2008 11:32 pm

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Wrathmetal Wrath - EP (2008)

I had no idea these classic thrash guys finally released an EP this year. Great updated sound that still has a foot in their old thrash days. I guess I'm going to have to change my top picks of the year AGAIN!

Unfortunately it's a digital only release. But you can't beat 4 bucks at CDBaby! http://cdbaby.com/cd/wrathmetal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:40 am

spectrefate wrote:
NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Wrathmetal Wrath - EP (2008)

I had no idea these classic thrash guys finally released an EP this year. Great updated sound that still has a foot in their old thrash days. I guess I'm going to have to change my top picks of the year AGAIN!

Unfortunately it's a digital only release. But you can't beat 4 bucks at CDBaby! http://cdbaby.com/cd/wrathmetal
Ugh...it actually sounds boring. =(
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:40 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Shiney wrote:

I think you should ask Santa for that one. Do they have Christmas down there in Austria Wink or wherever it is you live?

Sure do but Santa wears shorts and sunglasses.....it's like 35 C (95 F) today and i've been blasting Humble Pie and Foghat all day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:03 am

Scrooge wrote:
Ugh...it actually sounds boring. =(

I dig it alot. The vocals blow, but Wrath have never had a decent vocalist. I'm looking forward to the possibility of a new album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:29 am

Elvis Presley-The King of Rock n Roll: The Complete 50's Masters (5 CD boxset)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:36 am

manny wrote:
Elvis Presley-The King of Rock n Roll: The Complete 50's Masters (5 CD boxset)

Soooooooo freakin' jealous at that! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 12:14 pm

In the mail from thrasher73:
Sepultura - CHAOS A.D.

Some promos that arrived yesterday:
Sepultura - A-LEX advance
Kreator - HORDES OF CHAOS advance
Pro-Pain - NO END IN SIGHT advance
...and two CDs by Conquest and Silencer whose titles escape me at the moment...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Was at the mall, doing some last minute Christmas shopping, and stopped in FYE to check their used section. Found another nice little gem for $4.99:

The Regulators - The Regulators

Like Kings of the Sun--which I found a few weeks back--I had never heard this band before. They looked maybe too country for me, but it's actually more hard rock. Me digs.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:57 pm

wait for it...

Last edited by EvyMetal on Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...and two CDs by Conquest and Silencer whose titles escape me at the moment...

Is that the Ukrainian Conquest?? 'cause they freakin' rock!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:38 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

I have no idea. I haven't had time to read the bio/hype stuff that came with it or listen to the CD yet. The album is called END OF DAYS if that helps any.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Death - Spiritual Healing
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Primordial - To The Nameless Dead
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

I have no idea. I haven't had time to read the bio/hype stuff that came with it or listen to the CD yet. The album is called END OF DAYS if that helps any.

Oh yeah, No. That's Conquest from the US. Thrash Metal, I have never heard any of their stuff though, tell us how it is, when you get a chance.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 6:56 pm

From Ultimatum distro...

Haven--age of darkness(retroactive)
Sacrament--Haunts of violence(m eight)

I thought they were the original presses that I was getting...guess I was wrong. Not a big deal... they cant all be zingers right schobob?

so I'll probably hold on to the haven for a while but if anybody desires that Sacrament ask away mates!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:21 pm

Paragon - Screenslaves
Babe Ruth - First Base

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 7:23 pm

Gene Ammons - Up Tight!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 8:43 pm

Judas Priest - Box Set - Hero, Hero; Rocka Rolla; Sad Wings
Megadeth - Risk (Remastered)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 12:37 am

Got these in the mail yesterday:

Great White - Desert Moon (EP) **
Lisa Germano - Geek The Girl **

** From SwapaCD.com.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:53 am

Genesis - 1970-1975 (The sound quality is phenomenal. It's a definite improvement over the older releases.)
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 2:23 pm

PINK CREAM 69 - THUNDERDOME
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]   NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008] - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW ADDITIONS/COLLECTORS CORNER [2008]
Page 13 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next