Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
MetalRob331
iamrockerfun
Addy
Mglaffas81
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Quote :
Tony Iommi owns the name Black Sabbath

That changed when Iommi signed on for the Ozzfest thing. Maybe that's why his current band with Dio isn't allowed to use the name Black Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Why won't this fuckface die?

That's harsh! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:47 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Tony Iommi owns the name Black Sabbath

That changed when Iommi signed on for the Ozzfest thing. Maybe that's why his current band with Dio isn't allowed to use the name Black Sabbath.

Here's a little bit of news on Black Sabbath and why Iommi says they are using the name Heaven and Hell:

The Ronnie James Dio version of Black Sabbath AKA Heaven And Hell — featuring Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Tony Iommi (guitar), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums) — has entered Rockfield studios in Wales, England to begin recording its new album, the group's first since Sabbath's "Dehumanizer" (which was also recorded at Rockfield) in 1992.

Appice has issued the following update: "Well, the new Heaven And Hell album is going very well with almost three fourths of the songs recorded. It sounds amazing and it's very heavy. The untitled CD will be released sometime in March-April 2009 (via Rhino Records)."

Two years ago, Dio, Iommi, Butler and Appice reunited to record a trio of new songs for Rhino's "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" before launching a highly anticipated and greatly acclaimed world tour under their new moniker Heaven And Hell. Revitalized by the reunion, the lineup is back in the studio now recording the first-ever full-length studio album from Heaven And Hell. To whet the fans' appetites for the new album, Heaven And Hell returned to the road this past summer for a short stint on the Metal Masters Tour, a month-long North American trek with Judas Priest, Motorhead, and Testament.

Regarding the band's decision to continue to operate as Heaven And Hell rather than Black Sabbath, Iommi told Billboard.com earlier this year, "It really is Black Sabbath, whatever we do. We just choose to go out as Heaven And Hell so everyone knows what they're getting [and] so people won't expect to hear 'Iron Man' and all those songs. We've done them for so many years, it's nice to do just all the stuff with did with Ronnie again."

Heaven And Hell will hit the road in early 2009 in support of the new album. So far the following shows have been announced:
June 3-6 - Sölvesborg, Sweden - Sweden Rock Festival
June 19-21 - Clisson, France - Hellfest
Back to top Go down
FATALITY
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:09 pm

yeeeeeeeeeeo!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Quote :
Regarding the band's decision to continue to operate as Heaven And Hell rather than Black Sabbath, Iommi told Billboard.com earlier this year, "It really is Black Sabbath, whatever we do. We just choose to go out as Heaven And Hell so everyone knows what they're getting [and] so people won't expect to hear 'Iron Man' and all those songs. We've done them for so many years, it's nice to do just all the stuff with did with Ronnie again."

While that certainly sounds plausible and I think Tony is a gentleman to put it so nicely, I still stand by my statement that it was also done to keep Sharon off his a$$. If they went out as Black Sabbath, she would be all over them with lawyers seeking royalties and in the press proclaiming "It's not Sabbath without my husband".

I knew a guy that worked at Rhino Records that dealt with Sharon about that Metal Box set Rhino put out last year. Notice that there was no Ozzy, w/Sabbath or solo, on a box set dedicated to the history of metal. She is the reason why. He confirmed that every story you've heard or read about what a b*tch she is is absolutley true. While I'm thankful that she's been the driving force for Ozzy's post-Sabbath career, I won't be upset one bit when she leaves my planet.

The intense, firey hatred that Spec has for Ozzy I have too, but it's firmly directed at his harpy wife.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:27 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
Quote :

The intense, firey hatred that Spec has for Ozzy I have too, but it's firmly directed at his harpy wife.

I think shes more Satan then harpy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2