Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
thejokeriv
manny
MetalRob331
iamrockerfun
Addy
Mglaffas81
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Empty
PostSubject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 6:07 am

Long live Ozzy Osbourne! 60 years of madness! birthday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 am

Why won't this fuckface die?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:21 am

Long Live Ozzy!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 7:53 am

spectrefate wrote:

:kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:05 am

spectrefate wrote:

Cuz he's the Prince of Darkness, and i thought Ozzy died like 15 years ago?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:52 am

Ozzy Osbourne is 60!!!! amazing he made it this long, but I am glad he still with us, even if is busy making bone head commericals, instead of agreeing to record a new studio album with Black Sabbath, thank god they have Dio.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:20 am

He's only 60? I though he was pushing 70!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:28 am

Joker you got your Black Sabbath's frontman ages confused, Ronnie James Dio (born in 1942) is close to 70, Ozzy only looks like and acts like he is in his 70's
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 9:32 am

And sounds like he's pushing 100

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:09 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Cuz he's the Prince of Darkness, and i thought Ozzy died like 15 years ago?

Sharon won't let him die.

Happy F&$%ing Birfday mumble mumble mumble Oz!! SHARON!!!!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Sharon won't let him die.

Urban legend has it that the real Ozzy actually died in 1994 and the "Ozzy" we've been seeing ever since is actually a lifelike robotic duplicate created by Sharon.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:20 am

manny wrote:
Joker you got your Black Sabbath's frontman ages confused, Ronnie James Dio (born in 1942) is close to 70, Ozzy only looks like and acts like he is in his 70's

That's what it is - it's just Ozzy looks so decrepited now and less energetic than Dio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:12 am

Ozzy may have become a caricature of himself over the last 10 years or so, but let's give the man some respect. Think I'll listen to some Black Sabbath to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:37 am

detuned wrote:
Ozzy may have become a caricature of himself over the last 10 years or so, but let's give the man some respect. Think I'll listen to some Black Sabbath to celebrate.

Of course, I had Diary Of A Madman on yesterday!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:47 am

I think Ozzy's work with both Black Sabbath and as a solo artist speaks for itself, a great body of work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:53 am

manny wrote:
I think Ozzy's work with both Black Sabbath and as a solo artist speaks for itself, a great body of work.

But all that greatness is attributed to his musicians whom he doesn't recognize, except the dead one. Randy Rhoads dies and suddenly Ozzy thinks he's the greatest thing ever. If he lived, he would have been just another great musician that Ozzy used on his way to the top.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 12:58 pm

I have to agree with what you stated Spec in regards to the Ozz Man, but I will go further. If it wasn't for Randy Rhoads will would have never heard of Ozzy Osbourne again after 1979, no matter how brillant his management may be, it is the music that matters and without Randy Rhoads, Ozzy's career would have never gotten off the ground, he would always been known as the guy who was once in Black Sabbath.

In interview I read years ago Jake E Lee makes no money or draws any royality checks from the Ozzy discs he appears on, even for song writing he was paid a salary. I am not sure what Zakk Wylde's business arrangement is with Ozzy, but I am sure it is better than what Jake E Lee got.

That is also one of the reasons Bob Daisley and lee Kerslake sued, they had signed away their songwriting royalities to Ozzy and were not getting paid for the songs they co wrote with Ozzy and Randy Rhoads. Since the court found the papers they signed were perfectly legal and the Osbournes didnot lie to them what thoses contracts meant, the case was thrown out of court.

Business ethics aside, I do like most of Ozzy's solo work, even if it does not give the proper credit to some of the people that have helped him maintain his amazing success.

Last edited by manny on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:05 pm

I like Ozzy's music as well, it's the man I can't stomach. People who exclusively blame Sharon for all the backstabbing and poor business dealings are overlooking the puppet master, if you ask me. Ozzy likes to play dumb, but I have a feeling he has the last word in everything that goes on.

If he would just once acknowledge that Sabbath's success hinged on Iommi, Ward and Butler or that anyone other than the late Randy Rhodes had any part of his solo success, I'd shut my piehole about him.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:20 pm

I have to agree with you regarding Ozzy playing dumb, I think the main reason he won't record a new studio album with Black Sabbath is that one, Tony Iommi owns the name Black Sabbath, two, no one in Black Sabbath is going to give away creative control or a share of royalities or credit to make a new Black Sabbath CD. Of course I am just speculating what the real reasons maybe.

What Ozzy has said in the press regarding a new Black Sabbath album is that he didnot want to tarnish Sabbath's reputation if a new album turns out not to be so great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:23 pm

manny wrote:

What Ozzy has said in the press regarding a new Black Sabbath album is that he didnot want to tarnish Sabbath's reputation if a new album turns out not to be so great.

Which, if true, is a valid reason. My unpopular opinion is the upcoming Heaven and Hell album will be a disappointment. If I end up being right, then the BS name still gets tarnished in the process. But Ozzy will not be a part of that disappointment.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:33 pm

I have faith that Iommi and Dio are going to put out a solid album, I personally am looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 pm

Happy bday to the mumblemaster!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Ozzy has 9 lives! ahah

Seriously though, I am glad he's still around. I am a huge Sabbath freak and a huge fan of the older Ozzy material. He's been about money for far too long and it shows in his music because the music has suffered immensely. I wouldn't put all the dumb things he's done on Sharon, because Zakk Wylde made his music suck. I can see why he wouldn't want to do another BS album, but its not too late and can still be done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Don Arden (Sharon's father) was Ozzy's manager during those early solo albums, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one that wrote those contracts with Daisley & Kerslake. Ozzy was not an established solo success at that point, so gearing the contract so he would make the most money possible doesn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:25 pm

Don Arden was a piece of work, the original Black Sabbath had to reunite in court to sue Don Arden for unpaid royalities, creative accounting, and try to regain their publishing.

Their is book The Battle for Black Sabbath by Gary Sharpe-Young that speaks a little bit of some of these legal battles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!   HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OZZY!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next