Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gerry Rafferty, anyone??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

Gerry Rafferty, anyone?? Empty
PostSubject: Gerry Rafferty, anyone??   Gerry Rafferty, anyone?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:15 am

One of my favorite soft rock musicians. Anyone who grew up in the eighties remembers that awesome sax solo from "Baker Street". The song actually came out in the seventies, though, something I didn't know until fairly recently. Gerry Rafferty, IMHO, is classic soft rock at its' very best. "Right Down the Line" is the other song of his that got a ton of air play in the eighties.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Rafferty, anyone??   Gerry Rafferty, anyone?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:19 am

Also Stealer's Wheel- Stuck In The Middle With You, Etc. For some reason Rafferty's songs are very nostalgia inducing. I felt that way about them even when they were new!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Rafferty, anyone??   Gerry Rafferty, anyone?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:22 am

Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Rafferty, anyone??   Gerry Rafferty, anyone?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:30 am

Stealer's Wheel:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xMrm7ZQ0

link doesn't seem to work, sorry!

Last edited by SAHB Healer on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Rafferty, anyone??   Gerry Rafferty, anyone?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:39 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Also Stealer's Wheel- Stuck In The Middle With You, Etc. For some reason Rafferty's songs are very nostalgia inducing. I felt that way about them even when they were new!

I would definitely agree. Whenever I hear Baker Street these days, it takes me back to a memory of hearing the song at the age of 16, just after I got my drivers' license. It was the summer of 1987, and I was driving my 1975 AMC Hornet D/L, enjoying my new-found freedom and thinking the factory AM/FM stereo was the height of luxury. Baker Street was the only soft rock song that made me want to mash that throttle when the light turned green and light up the rear tires Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17147

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Rafferty, anyone??   Gerry Rafferty, anyone?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:56 am

Love Baker Street. Great song!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Rafferty, anyone??   Gerry Rafferty, anyone?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerry Rafferty, anyone??
Page 1 of 1