Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.

Go down 
+2
Troublezone
candlemass
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Empty
PostSubject: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:13 am

For fans of Ty he has a new album coming out December 6th entitled "Balance". You can preview the first single here: http://www.tytabor.com/index2.html

I really enjoyed Rock Garden and I'll be picking this one up on the release date. Sounds like there will be lots of guitar on this one, see Ty's description below:

"For a while, I was more focused on songwriting than guitar playing. My friends told me I should "let loose" on my recordings like I do when l play live. I started feeling the same way around the time I started recording "Balance." Before recording, I tried to get back in touch with the things that make me happiest about guitar playing. I felt inspired to simply do whatever I felt and let it be whatever it was. This was my only self-imposed rule in the old days and was my only self-imposed rule with "Balance." The album goes all over the place on guitar but it all fits together somehow. It's not a show-off solo-fest, although I did more soloing than in a very long time, but it's deeper than that. It's adventurous on many levels for me. I really enjoyed making this one. I hope you will like it!"
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:10 pm

I really like King's X, and have enjoyed Doug's solo efforts, but Ty's lp's have been booooooooooooring! lame
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:13 pm

candlemass wrote:
I really like King's X, and have enjoyed Doug's solo efforts, but Ty's lp's have been booooooooooooring! lame

Well, I don't really agree, it's a different side to his songwriting. The albums as a whole might be a little on the mellow side, but there are quite a few good songs scattered throughout. Rock Garden I thought was the most solid release thus far, sounds like this one will be even more rockin'.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:44 pm

I can appriciate the mellower side of music, I've never been one to think if it's heavier it's better. Having said that, what I've heard of his solo music is just poor songwritting, I have not heard it all though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:52 pm

candlemass wrote:
I can appriciate the mellower side of music, I've never been one to think if it's heavier it's better. Having said that, what I've heard of his solo music is just poor songwritting, I have not heard it all though.

There are definitely some duds on each record, in fact so far there hasn't been a complete solid Tabor solo album (the same does not apply for Jelly Jam though, that stuff is tight), but each album also contains some real gems. Rock Garden came closest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:26 pm

I love all of Ty's solo/outside project stuff...especialy Ice Cycles from PLATYPUS...his solo albums are always very melodic and chock full of great writing...looking forward to this one...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:05 pm

The one song i heard from his upcoming record is good. It's got a better guitar driven sound.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:37 pm

I haven't heard all of Ty's solo stuff but what I've heard I've liked. You can hear how much The Beatles has influenced him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 5:45 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I love all of Ty's solo/outside project stuff...especialy Ice Cycles from PLATYPUS...his solo albums are always very melodic and chock full of great writing...looking forward to this one...
Completely agree. Though I have three of his solo albums.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:51 pm

Wow. His other solo albums have been kinda depressing to me, but this new song, "Money Mouth", is quite rockin'. I like it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:55 pm

troublezone wrote:
The one song i heard from his upcoming record is good. It's got a better guitar driven sound.

Did you listen to Rock Garden? The guitar sound is similar to me. Ty stopped using the Line 6 amplifiers and converted to rack mount Randall tube amps (he used those on XV) and his guitar sound has gotten really meaty, I'm excited to hear this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:06 pm

Anyone have their independent demo releases? Are they CDRs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:10 pm

I purchased those as downloads so I'm not sure about the actual discs, but nothing on their site indicates they are CDRs. Ty owns his own mastering studio so I think quality is on his mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:20 pm

detuned wrote:
I purchased those as downloads so I'm not sure about the actual discs, but nothing on their site indicates they are CDRs. Ty owns his own mastering studio so I think quality is on his mind.
Most bands don't realize that CDRs have an expiration date, no matter how well you treat them. That's why they don't say they're CDRs. To them, it's a CD. I wish they knew better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
detuned wrote:
Most bands don't realize that CDRs have an expiration date, no matter how well you treat them. That's why they don't say they're CDRs. To them, it's a CD. I wish they knew better.

I'm sure they'd respond via email.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:42 am

I am a huge fan of all things King's X. Sounds like I need to get Ty's new album. Got a great vibe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 am

I'm not a King's X fan, but would gladly purchase any Tabor album. Yes, his solo works are a mellow affair, but I like it very much. Very Beatle-esque.

PostSubject: Re: Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.   Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ty Tabor - Balance - coming December 6th.
Page 1 of 1