Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Project 86 Fans Here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Any Project 86 Fans Here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 1:51 am

I know a lot of you dig Christian bands and such, and I was curious to know if anyone liked Project 86. They're basically nu-metal, but can ocassionally touch upon the rapcore thing. I absolutely love this band.

They got a new album coming out soon. I can't wait. Anyway, check them out if you want:

http://www.myspace.com/project86 🤘

Or tell me they suck. Or not.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 2:16 am

they're ok, ive always been an open minded sort though.

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 2:33 am

mc666 wrote:
they're ok, ive always been an open minded sort though.
I don't know what is about them that I like so much. They're not original in any way. I guess they just write better songs than most in that style.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 8:12 am

I havent heard much of them but what I have heard I liked.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 8:34 am

I've not heard anything by them that did anything for me. I owned their first album for a while, but traded it off. It was rapcore. They changed styles after that to the mish-mash of modern styles they play now.

I saw them at Cornerstone a couple years ago. They had a lot of energy on stage, and a LARGE crowd to boot. I watched a few songs before taking off. I don't know, they are just not my thing I guess.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 10:52 am

They are one of the few trendy bands that I like. I think their singer has a lot of charisma; especially live, but also on CD. They do have some good songs, and mix the tempos and emotions pretty well. I have seen them like maybe three times (I have a teenager, and my wife is into the whole Christian rock thing). I don't think they would be what they are without the singer.

Good band.

ack
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 2:17 pm

Drawing Black Lines was my soundtrack for 2000. A killer hardcore album. They've never really been able to capture that energy and feel since. I still like them though and have all their albums, but haven't listened in a long long time.

On a side note, they once gave a free concert at the House of Blues here in L.A. and I got to help set up their equipment on stage after their singer Andrew jumped out of their van and came and grabbed me. I guess they don't have any roadies Razz. They were really cool guys though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 10:43 pm

I have Drawing Black Lines somewhere. It's pretty good.
Heard some other stuff but never got around to buying any of them yet.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 4:37 am

My mistake, it was at the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal Studios not the House of Blues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Project 86 Fans Here?   Any Project 86 Fans Here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Project 86 Fans Here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: