Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raven --- All Systems GO !!

Go down 
+2
ultmetal
mr.electric39
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Raven --- All Systems GO !! Empty
PostSubject: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 1:00 am

Just picked up a best of by Raven... All Systems Go !! combo of "Rock Until U Drop', 'Wiped Out' 'Crash bang Wallop' (always loved that song title) and of course ''All For One" ... Heck it even has the Udo & John duet on 'born to be wild'....

I don't need your money!!!!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Forgot how good some of these tunes are !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 8:36 am

Raven rule! One of my favorite bands. I own all their CDs and much of their stuff on vinyl as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 8:36 am

I loved RAVEN and still do today. I can harldy wait to listen to their new album that will come out soon(i hope). I dont have that compilation that you bought but it sound like a good one. Love all their albums, their pure NWOBHM lps but also their more comercial hard rock tipe of records. RAVEN FOREVER, FOREVER RAVEN.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 8:59 am

Everything Raven has ever released is absolute gold in my book. Yes, even THE PACK IS BACK. Smile

I've been fortunate enough to see two Raven shows in my life and they were both killer gigs. I spoke to John Gallagher (bass/vox) at both shows and I can honestly say that he is THE nicest metal guy I have ever met, PERIOD. He is a super cool dude.

At the last Raven gig I attended (in 2000) I got the booklet to my DESTROY ALL MONSTERS live CD autographed by all three Raven members... I want that booklet buried with me when I die. Smile

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 am

I saw Raven opening for Motorhead back in 87, I believe, at the Penny Archade in Rochester, NY. Great show from both bands!

Have spoke with John on-line. He contacted me about my Raven page. Sent him my One For All booklet, which he autographed and sent back to me, along with a CDR of some obscure Raven tracks.

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 11:09 pm

That best of collection sounds good.

I love all of Raven's stuff. Rock Until You Drop is probably my favorite.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 9:14 am

painkiller2142 wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 9:45 am

painkiller2142 wrote:
That best of collection sounds good.

As I previously stated, all of Raven's stuff is gold in my book but my personal favorite is ALL FOR ONE... not only is it my favorite Raven album but it's one of my top five metal albums of all time, PERIOD. 🤘
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 1:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Raven rule! One of my favorite bands.

So was I back in the day.. I have not heard one of there albums in years.. I use to play "All For One" and "Wiped Out" so loud that my Mom would yell at me..MAN!! Those where the good old days..
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 2:38 pm

fishingd wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Raven rule! One of my favorite bands.

So was I back in the day.. I have not heard one of there albums in years.. I use to play "All For One" and "Wiped Out" so loud that my Mom would yell at me..MAN!! Those where the good old days..

But you still can do the same thing. Just get your ALL FOR ONE and WIPED OUT records and play them loud like you did back in those old days. Even if we are in 2007 its like being in 1982 if you wanted to be. Try it out🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 3:12 pm

That's a GREAT comp of their classic and best loved material. RAVEN rule! Cool score! 🤘
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 11:35 pm

The first stuff I heard was "All For One". My buddy bought the cassette and we hit the road for one of our 6 hr backroad driving excapades... (when gas was only what $1 a gallon maybe... what was it in '84)...

We played the tape about four times in a row before we changed it..... "Take CONTROL NOW !!!" I remember they toured with Metallica on the 'Kill 'Em All For One Tour'... they played San Fran and I was bummed because I liked 'em both and could n't go...... parents.....

"All Systems Go" I believe was a Castle release...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raven --- All Systems GO !!   Raven --- All Systems GO !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raven --- All Systems GO !!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: