Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classic Metal Bands...

Go down 
+10
DallasBlack
Stender
tohostudios
kmorg
Addy
Zé Metal & Company
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
thejokeriv
AngelRipper16
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

Classic Metal Bands... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Metal Bands...   Classic Metal Bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:35 am

tohostudios wrote:
Listening to Gutter Ballet, it's not hard to see how Savatage morphed into TranSiberian Orchestra.

TSO is a bit more classical inspired, right? If that's the case, I think I'll like that as well... headbanger
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Classic Metal Bands...   Classic Metal Bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:00 am

Re, Def Leppard:

Pyro was the beginning of their more "poppy" sound. Still a great record but I prefer the more metal sound of High n Dry.

TSO:

Yes, they are much more classically inclined; also more bombastic and theatrical sounding.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Classic Metal Bands...   Classic Metal Bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:53 am

tohostudios wrote:
Nice to see the votes for High n Dry starting to add up. For me that is easily the zenith of Def Leppard's musical output.

To me its easily there best one, just so many songs I love on it. I didnt really fade out until Hysteria, but High N Dry, at least to me is superior to Pyro as well.

Im also surprised Im the only one who voted for TS' Under The Blade.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Classic Metal Bands...   Classic Metal Bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:46 am

AngelRipper16 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Listening to Gutter Ballet, it's not hard to see how Savatage morphed into TranSiberian Orchestra.

TSO is a bit more classical inspired, right? If that's the case, I think I'll like that as well... headbanger

TSO is a great band - worth you checking out since christmas is just around the corner!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Classic Metal Bands...   Classic Metal Bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:22 pm

I see you've already gotten lots of suggestions but these would be my picks for each band...

Def Leppard - HIGH-N-DRY

Dokken - BACK FOR THE ATTACK

King Diamond - FATAL PORTRAIT

Savatage - Jon Oliva vox: POWER OF THE NIGHT; Zak Stevens vox: EDGE OF THORNS

Stryper - AGAINST THE LAW

Twisted Sister - YOU CAN'T STOP ROCK N ROLL

W.A.S.P. - THE HEADLESS CHILDREN

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Metal Bands...   Classic Metal Bands... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Metal Bands...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2