Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANIME

Go down 
+5
novellahub
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

ANIME Empty
PostSubject: ANIME   ANIME Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:59 am

I don't know if anyone here is into anime, but I think some of the shows are pretty damn good. You gotta watch the english subs of course. Does anyone here watch any anime? Got any views on it?

My favourite shows:

One Piece
Cowboy Bebop
Cromartie High School
Oh! My Goddess!
Dragonball Z
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

ANIME Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME   ANIME Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:47 am

EvyMetal - Get Macross (the first series) - awesome series. A recent redub was done and is very good. This is what became the first part of Robotech and is much better (and I like Robotech).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

ANIME Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME   ANIME Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:50 am

The only Anime I've ever watched was the "Akira" movie (which is apparently credited with being the Alpha and Omega of the Anime movement, from what I'm told)... the animation was amazing, but when it was over my friend and I looked at each other and realized that neither one of us had been able to make heads or tails out of what was going on for the entire movie. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

ANIME Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME   ANIME Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The only Anime I've ever watched was the "Akira" movie (which is apparently credited with being the Alpha and Omega of the Anime movement, from what I'm told)... the animation was amazing, but when it was over my friend and I looked at each other and realized that neither one of us had been able to make heads or tails out of what was going on for the entire movie. Smile

I have a buddy who is waaaaaay into anime and especially that Akira movie. I finally broke down to his constant fan-boy worship about it being the greatest mover ever. Freddy, I pretty much fell into the same category as you. Great animation, but the story was confusing and it did nothing for me. The other stuff I've seen isn't my scene.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

ANIME Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME   ANIME Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I have a buddy who is waaaaaay into anime and especially that Akira movie. I finally broke down to his constant fan-boy worship about it being the greatest mover ever. Freddy, I pretty much fell into the same category as you. Great animation, but the story was confusing and it did nothing for me. The other stuff I've seen isn't my scene.

Phew...now I feel better. At least I'm not the only one!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

ANIME Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME   ANIME Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:50 am

I regularly watch Anime. Mostly the English dubs on Cartoon Network on Saturdays:

Naruto
Code Geass
Bleach
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit

Others:

Blood+
InYuasha
Death Note
Trinity Blood
Trigun
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

ANIME Empty
PostSubject: Re: ANIME   ANIME Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 11:30 am

No one has watched Cromartie High yet? It only ran for 26 episodes. It's really random, yet probably one of the funniest animes I've seen in a while. Also, joker, thanks for the recommendation. I'll definetly check it out.

Cromartie High Opening (SO DAMN CATCHY):