Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Suicidal Tendencies song

Go down 
+5
Schbopo
Lurideath
mc666
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

New Suicidal Tendencies song Empty
PostSubject: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:02 pm

A rough but revealing clip of a new song performed live in france indicates a return to a more metal sound. The song is called "Come Alive". 🤘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPZ1n3psl9A&eurl=http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107742
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Man, "rough" was an understatement. That recording was terrible.

Are there any original members left, or at least guys that have recorded with them in the last 5 years, or is it just Mike Muir and a new crop of knuckleheads?

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:39 pm

They're a punk band now. Simple and somewhat boring. I miss the Join The Army to The Art of Rebellion.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:47 pm

no more of their thrash, but still i love ST.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 pm

Yes there are 2 original members left, Mike Muir and Mike Clark.

The audio in that video is inaudible.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Yes there are 2 original members left, Mike Muir and Mike Clark.

The audio in that video is inaudible.

Mike Clark joined on the third album but he is as close to a original as you can get besides Mike Muir.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
They're a punk band now. Simple and somewhat boring. I miss the Join The Army to The Art of Rebellion.

They're not just "punk". I hear a heavier guitar sound in the clip. I don't think it's going to be another "FreeDumb" record. Even in Infectious Grooves they add a good dose of metal to the funk.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:57 pm

They've always been a punk band to me. Yeah, it's a little bland, but still pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:04 pm

Schbopo wrote:
They've always been a punk band to me. Yeah, it's a little bland, but still pretty good.

How Will I Laugh, Controlled By Hatred, Lights Camera Revolution and Art of Rebellion are not punk. In the mid 80's to early 90's they were thrash. Basically the records with Rocky George were the metal ones.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:04 pm

You are right troublezone, I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Quote :
Basically the records with Rocky George were the metal ones.

Agreed.

Even Join the Army wasn't punk.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:06 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Agreed.

Schlooper doesn't know what he's talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:08 pm

troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

They're not just "punk". I hear a heavier guitar sound in the clip. I don't think it's going to be another "FreeDumb" record. Even in Infectious Grooves they add a good dose of metal to the funk.
Freedumb and Free Your Soul...And Save My Mind are straightforward punk albums. There is no metal on those two. That's what I was referring to.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Quote :
Freedumb and Free Your Soul...And Save My Mind are straightforward punk albums. There is no metal on those two. That's what I was referring to.

That's true but they do play the metal songs in concert so they don't forsake their metal years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:14 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Agreed.

Nope. Everything after the debut (which is soooooooooo overrated) up until Suicidal For Life was metal, thrashcore, whatever you want to call it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:15 pm

troublezone wrote:
Quote :
That's true but they do play the metal songs in concert so they don't forsake their metal years.
Oh, I wasn't implying that. I'm just talking about their current studio output. How could they not play "Send Me Your Money?" Haha.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Oh, I wasn't implying that. I'm just talking about their current studio output. How could they not play "Send Me Your Money?" Haha.

Ok i see. Cool
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:26 pm

How I will laugh, my fave suicidal tend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:48 am

Eyesore wrote:
up until Suicidal For Life was metal
i freakin loved that album. What You Need's A Friend is a classic ST song.

Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:30 am

I friggin' LOVE the Rocky George years. Is that guy playing with anyone nowadays?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:35 am

Rex wrote:
I friggin' LOVE the Rocky George years. Is that guy playing with anyone nowadays?

Rex, he plays with Fishbone now.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:27 am

Ugh, I don't know if I can bring myself to listen to Fishbone. I might have to dig out some of the old Cro-Mags stuff he played on and give that a shot.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 am

Love the mid-period Suicidal stuff (JOIN THE ARMY thru LIGHTS, CAMERA, REVOLUTION)... saw'em on the LIGHTS tour back in '90 (opening act was the then-unknown White Zombie, by the way) and they smoked live. That was one of the scariest crowds I've ever been in though. A lotta heads got busted that night, the bouncers were working overtime.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:25 pm

My favourite is How will I laugh tomorrow. That whole late 80's early 90's era was terrific. I didn't dig their last two albums all that much though. Hopefully any new material will bring back some of the metal vibe of those awesome earlier albums.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:32 pm

Its all about Join the army...dope album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Suicidal Tendencies song   New Suicidal Tendencies song Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Suicidal Tendencies song
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next