Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow

Go down 
+9
kmorg
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Smindas
Wargod
Fat Freddy
journeyman
mc666
Rex
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 11:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Yea, Matt's a state trooper in Delaware.

The safest job on the planet next to Teddy Bear Herder. Laughing very hard

I keep thinking of that bit in "Wayne's World"... "Wow...we're in... Delaware."

Exactly. New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 0000001754_20060919151209
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 11:25 am

It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2007 2:21 pm

I agree with Eyesore, Pyramaze is a great band, but they had a very different kind of vocalist.

It will be intresting to hear Pyramaze now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:39 pm

My god! I missed this guy!

Quote :
Danish metallers PYRAMAZE — whose current recording lineup includes ICED EARTH singer Matt Barlow — have issued the following update:

"The work on our new album, 'Immortal', was completed today at 11 AM in Denmark. We are extremely happy with the outcome, and we are now ready to share a few clips with all of you loyal fans who have waited patiently for a little taste of the new stuff. We therefore give you two clips of the new album, with a length that is good enough to give you a fair feel for the songs."

"Immortal" track listing:

01. Arise
02. Year of the Phoenix (mp3 clip)
03. Ghost Light
04. Touched by the Mara
05. A Beautiful Death
06. Legacy in a Rhyme
07. Caramon's Poem (mp3 clip)
08. The Highland
09. Shadow of the Beast
10. March through an Endless Rain

"Immortal"'s vocal sessions were helmed by producer Jim Morris, who has worked with ICED EARTH on the group's last few releases. The CD was mixed by Jacob Hansen (RAUNCHY, INVOCATOR, MERCENARY).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:50 pm

Really changes the overall feel of the band. Not bad but I have to forget this band used to be fronted by King.
BTW-Kammeyer is an idiot to expect Lance to sing in a more tough guy voice. Not his schtick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:59 pm

No. King is King. I doubt he could sing heavier. Barlow sounds awesome, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:02 pm

He does. Hasn't he totally left Pmaze to reunite with IE? He won't be doing both will he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:07 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
He does. Hasn't he totally left Pmaze to reunite with IE? He won't be doing both will he?
Yeah, he's quit, but did the album. He's staying a full-time cop, so IE will basically be doing what Pyramaze wanted to do and just do some festival shows throughout the year. Matt probably has about 4 weeks of vacation a year and I assume he'll use all that time to do festivals and maybe a short tour somewhere. Kind of an odd decision, but if it works out I'd be happy for him.

I still have a lot of respect for the guy. He said he was leaving music to be a cop, and that's exactly what he did. Most musicians are talking out of their asses when they say things like that (Zak from Savatage, Jesse from Killswitch Engage, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Wow, Matt still sounds fantastic after all this time. That's reassuring, though he gives Pyramaze quite a different feel. I like it though, the samples are good. I look forward to the album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:05 pm

I've never heard any Pyramaze, so I have nothing to judge the Barlow clips against. But this sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Sounds awesome baby it will be mine and a top 5 candidate of the year for sure!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:25 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYESSSS!!! Matt still sounds awesome!! Welcome back Mr. Barlow!! headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:42 pm

I think that first sample pretty much puts to rest the notion that he can't cover the Ripper tunes.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 5:30 am

man these clips sound amazing, just listen to the opening scream in Year of the Phoenix...
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 7:05 am

Eyesore wrote:
I think that first sample pretty much puts to rest the notion that he can't cover the Ripper tunes.
I now really want to hear 'The Reckoning' with Matt. I have a feeling that'd be excellent.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Can't wait for this album!!! Man, again 2008 will be sooooooooooooo much better than 2007!

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:29 pm

Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I now really want to hear 'The Reckoning' with Matt. I have a feeling that'd be excellent.
I've always said that Ripper was the more dynamic singer of the two, but if Barlow can pull off "The Reckoning," I'll retract that statement and switch it around. Haha. Matt has never sung in that tone for a sustained period of time; it's always just in parts. But if he can do that for most of a song, then the dude is just even more amazing than I thought.

I look forward to hearing it, though.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:32 pm

'Dracula' was mainly in the high-range, Eyesore. I know it went low for parts, but I think if Matt can do 'Dracula', he can do 'The Reckoning'. Or at least, I'd like to think that. It's a shame there's no TGB songs on the upcoming single.

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:41 pm

Smindas wrote:
'Dracula' was mainly in the high-range, Eyesore. I know it went low for parts, but I think if Matt can do 'Dracula', he can do 'The Reckoning'. Or at least, I'd like to think that. It's a shame there's no TGB songs on the upcoming single.
Yeah, but it's not quite as high. The song is mainly a few registers lower. But he can definitely get up there, he's done it before. Just listen to that beginning wail in their cover of "Number of the Beast." He nails it. He also hits those notes in "Burning Oasis."
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 3:51 pm

Ah yes, it is a bit higher. I love that high part of 'Burning Oasis', it's fantastic. Here's hoping they play 'The Reckoning' live, eh?

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yea, Matt's a state trooper in Delaware.

Thats great! Ill have to put my Iced Earth cds in my truck so in case he pulls me over on my way to work in Wilmington I can have him sign them while I am signing his 'fan mail' Laughing very hard

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow   New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Pyramaze Clips with Barlow
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2