Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers

Go down 
+10
Schbopo
Troublezone
Leatherface
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
DeathCult
kmorg
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Empty
PostSubject: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:21 am

With Halloween coming up I've been thinking about all the huge amount of musicians who were in horror movies in the '80s (Gene Simmons and Ozzy in Trick or Treat, Alice Cooper in Prince of Darkness) and bands with nods to specific flicks (like the cover to Anthrax's Among The Living, with the creepy old dude from Poltergeist 2). Can anyone think of more examples?...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 am

"Black Roses" is a hilariously cheesy flick about a rock band that really IS from Hell, and which absorbs their fans' souls during concerts... filmed during the late 80s PMRC era on a six-pack budget. Carmine Appice plays the band's drummer, and the soundtrack included a bunch of killer bands from the Metal Blade Records roster.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:25 am

Iced Earth did a concept album where each song was based on a famous charater from horror films/literature. It was called " Horror Show', songs such as "Damien" based on the Omen film, 'Frankstein", "Wolf", you get the idea, very cool album and it took a concept which sounded somewhat goofy and made it work.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:10 am

What about 75% of The Misfits song catalog?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Alice Cooper - Monster dog

Many of the Fridayn the 13th movies are horor related. Alice in part VI is one example.

Oh, and Nightmare on Elm Street 5 with Alice as Freddy's father, and a fake metal band on the TV, feautering Eric Singer and Billy Sheehan for example.

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Monster Dog is so horribly good. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:00 pm

kmorg wrote:
Alice Cooper - Monster dog

Many of the Fridayn the 13th movies are horor related. Alice in part VI is one example.

Oh, and Nightmare on Elm Street 5 with Alice as Freddy's father, and a fake metal band on the TV, feautering Eric Singer and Billy Sheehan for example.

Thats Nightmare part 6. 5 had the Fatboyz in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Rob Zombie's entire lyrical and visual output is peppered with references to old horror movies.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 pm

Hard Rock Zombies, not too much of a horror movie, but nice to watch around Halloween time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:
What about 75% of The Misfits song catalog?

75%? More like 99.999 and 44/100%!!

Oh, and I just thought of another one: there's a brief cameo by Armored Saint in "Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth." They're onstage during a night club scene before a bunch of Cenobites come in and kill everybody in the room.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:56 pm

W.A.S.P. in "The Dungeonmaster"
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Dee Snider in Strangeland.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:15 pm

Ramones - Pet Sematary

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:26 pm

Glen Danzig was briefly in one of The Prophecy sequals. Rigor Mortis had several songs of there first album based on horror movies like "Wizard of Gore" and "Re-animator". Death's Scream Bloody Gore had songs based on horror films like "Evil Dead" and "Torn to Pieces". Massacre's From Beyond is another.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17070

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:50 pm

Return of the Living Dead had a cool punk influence.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17070

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:52 pm

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 (Leatherface) had a mostly metal soundtrack. Cool fight scene with metal in the background too.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 7:53 pm

King Diamond needs a movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:01 pm

troublezone wrote:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3 (Leatherface) had a mostly metal soundtrack. Cool fight scene with metal in the background too.

Wrath's When Worlds Collide to be exact. Great song.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:53 pm

troublezone wrote:

Yep,the soundtrack was the best part of that movie.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:08 pm

http://www.heavymetalhorror.com/front.html

How many have you seen?

I wanna see Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare, but the DVD is kinda expensive.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:42 am

Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Two songs by Dokken. "Dream Warriors" and "Into The Fire". They were only in the theatrical version. When the movie was released on home video New Line Cinema decided not to pay the band royalties and dumped the songs. They were replaced with some pretty crappy sounding stuff.

"W.A.S.P. in "The Dungeonmaster""

Ya know I never knew they were in that! I always though that Richard Moll on the cover art looked like Blackie but had no idea the band was in it! Crap I gotta see it now!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:44 am

I forget if it's "Sleepaway Camp 2" or "3" but one of those movies had music by some Metal Blade artists (including Anvil) on the soundtrack.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 10:47 am

Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3 had songs by Obsession.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:02 am

Spec mentioned " Monster Dog' starring Alice Cooper this movie was made in Italy, and it is so bad it is good. What's even funnier is they dubbed over Alice's voice with an American voice over actor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 11:08 am

manny wrote:
Spec mentioned " Monster Dog' starring Alice Cooper this movie was made in Italy, and it is so bad it is good. What's even funnier is they dubbed over Alice's voice with an American voice over actor.

The "Identity Crisis" video is hilarious in that movie. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers   Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal/Horror Movie Crossovers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next