Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overdrive...

Go down 
+3
kmorg
Thrasher73
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:17 am

I don't know if anyone remembers this classic metal band or not, but they are selling their CDs CHEAP!

For anyone interested:
Quote :
Scott, I know you don’t care for the production on the Overdrive, but could you let the people on the christianmetalrealm that if they do want a copy of the Overdrive, have them contact me at this email,(jwm@clemson.edu) and I can get them a copy for $3.00 (plus $2 for shipping). I agree that it sucks that they have to pay $12 or whatever on CDBaby, because I only get about 3.00 from it, and that is breakeven for everything (including all the shipping to send it there). I’m not in it for the money – I just want to keep the drummer’s (RIP) dream alive. Just for people who really want it. If I had the money to mass produce, I would… but I have only sold 100 copies in the past 2-3 years, and its not financially feasible for a band that hasn’t existed for over 10 years.

Please let them know I am more than willing to send it to them. Thanks!

Joe

Go get 'em! Make sure you mention that you heard about this deal from here.

ult

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:52 am

They were a cool band and good guys to share a stage with...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:14 am

I've seen that on cdbaby before and thought $12 was high for a cdr.I'll have to order it from him instead
Back to top Go down

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:50 am

It's still a CDR...none of thier music was ever officially released on CD...tape only.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:16 pm

BUMP

Classic metal fans, check this band out.

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm

I remember talking about these guys a few years ago...everyone ignored them then too...LOL!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:42 am

Cool! NOW, I'll order it. I've wanted to order it from CDBaby, but again, 12 buck, plus shipping for a CDR is too much. I'll let the band have the money instead.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:47 am

I've seen this on CDBaby as well... thought it sounded pretty good, but like everyone else sez, $12 is a bit steep for a CD-R... I'd gladly throw $5 at'em for it though. Thanks for the tip Ult.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:48 am

I sent Ult a CDR years ago with all these songs PLUS one other one from a rehearsal tape of thiers that I had...
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:03 am

I've got mine on the way. 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:07 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I sent Ult a CDR years ago with all these songs PLUS one other one from a rehearsal tape of thiers that I had...

I actually have it still. 🤘

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:17 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I actually have it still. 🤘

I think the rehearsal song was called "Bitter Harvest"...
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 4:54 am

Overdrive was very good! The vocalist Doug Levy reminds me a lot of Shawn Pelata. Like Oracle, no idea how they were never signed. In fact, he even mentions Shawn/Oracle in one of their live videos performing a song that was never officially recorded (see Bitter Harvest video). It also sounds like Doug wants to re-record their old material.

Standing in Line

Light a Candle for Me

When the Saints Go Marching In

You Need a Friend

Three songs never officially recorded:

Bitter Harvest

Watching and Waiting

Is Nothing Sacred Anymore?

Facebook Pages:
https://www.facebook.com/ovdrive/?rc=p

Last edited by steelers on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:48 am

steelers wrote:
Overdrive was very good! The vocalist Doug Levy reminds me a lot of Shawn Pelata. Like Oracle, no idea how they were never signed. In fact, he even mentions Shawn/Oracle in one of their live videos performing a song that was never officially recorded (see Bitter Harvest video). It also sounds like Doug wants to re-record their old material.

yeah, Oracle played with Overdrive a couple times...we were all buddies.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 7:50 am

I shot this video, actually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18S2HLkVEzA

Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Haha! That's cool! Doug seems like a good dude. Cool to hear they are re-recording this material with modern production. Looking forward to it.

Message from the Heart:
http://dougvanpelt.wixsite.com/heavens-metal-mag/single-post/2016/07/02/Message-from-the-Heart
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 8:23 am

steelers wrote:
Haha! That's cool! Doug seems like a good dude. Cool to hear they are re-recording this material with modern production. Looking forward to it.

Message from the Heart:
http://dougvanpelt.wixsite.com/heavens-metal-mag/single-post/2016/07/02/Message-from-the-Heart

I doubt those re-recordings will ever actually happen.

Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2018 8:56 pm

Per Doug Levy:

"We are at the beginning stages of re-recording most of our old material (3 songs from our self-titled debut demo; all 4 songs from our follow up, A Grave Mistake and all 3 of our last unrecorded set of songs).

I've been in touch with 4 other members (Bill Goodwin: bass, Chris Thompson: drums, Stacy Puckett: guitar, Jimmy Prior: Lead guitar) and thanks to modern technology, we can record all of our parts from different parts of the country (Bill & Chris are in Virginia; Stacy is in Chicago and Jimmy is in St. Pete, FL; I'm in Los Angeles). It will probably take every bit of a year to get everything recorded and mixed down and mastered. It's something I've been itching to do for around 20 years.

Stacy will be playing all the rhythm parts and harmony leads, and even though he's doing something much different these days (blues on cigarbox guitars!) he says he can still play every song note for note! Jimmy will have a year to brush up on his leads (he was pretty fabulous). Bill & Chris are still playing pretty regularly (they are brother-in-laws). I will have to do some vocal workouts to get my chops back up, but the great thing about recording is I can take my time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Overdrive... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overdrive...   Overdrive... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overdrive...
Page 1 of 1