Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Stender
SAHB Healer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Bachman-Turner Overdrive Empty
PostSubject: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:14 am

That's right. You heard me. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:37 am

I love bachman-turner, my dad introduced me to these guys a couple of years ago. I dont know what I like better, overdrive or the original band The guess who. Bravebelt, the bachman project before overdrive wasnt bad either.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:01 am

Randy was in a kinda interesting band in the early 80's called "Ironhorse" that put out two albums. The first album was similar to BTO, but the second "Everything is Gray" he let some of the other guys write more and they came up with some fairly interesting music. I check every few years to see if Ironhorse ever made it to CD, but no luck yet.
My faves from BTO proper are II and Not Fragile. I've got those on CD, but the rest are still just my old vinyl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:36 am

BTO rock! Good idea to get some discussion. I saw Bachman and Cummings a couple of years ago. They rocked the house!

I think BTO was where Bachman really got to shine. Guess Who, although I love them (I was born in their home town), was too chill. Bachman puts together a nice 70s-styled hard rock album. It's nothing revolutionary, but, then again, how many hard rock acts are? It's just high-quality guitar centered tuneage (if that's a word...unlikely).

I mentioned this in one of the Unsound Mind threads: my grandpa was actually Randy Bachman's first wife's gynecologist. My grandpa said it was an interesting period, as he gained many deep insights into the music business....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:18 am

My Dad had their Greatest Hits on 8-Track. I upgraded to cassette. BTO is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:02 pm

I listened to "Not Fragile" last night for the first time in a quite a while, and it was actually a very satisfying experience. Kinda like doing some really mighty farting, with no fear of mess or leakage. Grampa here might have to get out the old air guitar again tonight, it was fun!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:25 pm

I like BTO.

Sure they're nothing earthshaking or original but, damn, they sure knew how to write a hook that sticks in your head!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:31 pm

I agree^^^^^ They have about 8-10 classic tunes that still rock today. But I dont love them enough to go buy anything of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 7:33 pm

I saw BTO live with Van Halen and they put on a terrific show.

I would put The Guess Who in front of BTO because of Burton Cumming's vocals, but both bands are great.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 12:56 am

I love BTO after most left and their Street Action cd came out.

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 12:18 pm

One time when i was using the bathroom "Takin Care of Business" was playing on the radio. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I saw BTO live with Van Halen and they put on a terrific show.

5150 tour, right? That was a good show.

In general I prefer The Guess Who, but BTO has quite a few really memorable songs...though if I never hear "taking care of business" again in my lifetime I'll be just fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bachman-Turner Overdrive   Bachman-Turner Overdrive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bachman-Turner Overdrive
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: