Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

did the guys in metallica take drugs

Go down 
+14
A Handful of Wayne
TheGooch
Required Fields
Stender
GrandNational
mc666
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
sam
MoonChild
manny
thejokeriv
Smindas
fingers
18 posters
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

did the guys in metallica take drugs Empty
PostSubject: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:30 am

Ive been hearing rumours that Kirk Hammet used to do cocaine and Lars had a drug problem and I heard Noel Gallager from Oasis helped him kick the habbit back in 1995. Obviously Cliff Burton was into pot but I dont think Hetfield and Newsted had anything to do with drugs but I could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:38 am

I'm sure they all dabbled at some point, at the very least. Never heard that Noel Gallagher bit though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:19 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:22 am

I am not sure but when I listened to St. Anger I wish I had been on drugs, it may have sounded better.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:27 am

manny wrote:
I am not sure but when I listened to St. Anger I wish I had been on drugs, it may have sounded better.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard did the guys in metallica take drugs 647664
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 11:46 am

fingers wrote:
Ive been hearing rumours that Kirk Hammet used to do cocaine and Lars had a drug problem and I heard Noel Gallager from Oasis helped him kick the habbit back in 1995. Obviously Cliff Burton was into pot but I dont think Hetfield and Newsted had anything to do with drugs but I could be wrong

alcohol is a drug, just a legal one. I'm sure you know Jame's history with that.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:16 pm

of course
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:23 pm

Pot and booze
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Well, Alcohol aside, Hetfield never took any form of illegal drug - It has always terrified him.

Lars, as far as I know, was never heavily into drugs

Kirk did do drugs, but it was mostly marijuana
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Why should alcohol be aside? Over 100,000 people die because of alcohol every year, yet everybody sweeps it under the rug because the government says it's okay.

Last edited by DenimAndLeather on Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 1:46 pm

pot should be legal, alchohol should be illegal.

my 2 cents.

By the way, St. Anger doesn't sound any better when you're stoned...all you can focus on is the snare drum.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:39 pm

who cares if they did or do drugs (alcohol, pot, coke, or whatever)? as long as they aren't out here stealing car stereos to pay for their habit, it's none of my business.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

fingers wrote:
Ive been hearing rumours that Kirk Hammet used to do cocaine and Lars had a drug problem. Obviously Cliff Burton was into pot but I dont think Hetfield and Newsted had anything to do with drugs but I could be wrong

This is kind of like asking: Does a bear sh*t in the woods?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:10 pm

mc666 wrote:
who cares if they did or do drugs (alcohol, pot, coke, or whatever)? as long as they aren't out here stealing car stereos to pay for their habit, it's none of my business.

It's really nunya' business either way.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:05 pm

It dosnt matter in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:58 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
mc666 wrote:

It's really nunya' business either way.
so long as it's not my car stereo. that would make twice this year.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:43 pm

manny wrote:

lol!

Although nothing in this world can even make St. Anger sound better than "torturously awful".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:38 am

According to Classic Rock Magazine, Lars and Kirk developed a "robust" taste for Cocaine.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 3:01 pm

fingers wrote:

Not sure about the kirk thing but thats true about lars with Noel Gallager. As funny as it sounds I think Oasis is lars' favorite band sick

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Lars and Kirk have been very upfront about their usage of drugs in the past. Cocaine especially!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:21 pm

There's a semi-famous clip of Cliff Burton smoking weed with Jim Martin of Faith No More (at least I think that's him) on the Cliff'em All video/DVD

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 3:23 am

What a totally useless thread!

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 6:19 pm

The video of Cliff Burton smoking in "Cliff Em All", that's Lou Martin, Jim Martin's brother. He roadied for Metallica.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: did the guys in metallica take drugs   did the guys in metallica take drugs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

did the guys in metallica take drugs
Page 1 of 1