Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FYE

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
Stender
tohostudios
the sentinel
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
manny
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:08 pm

I about 95% buy my music on line, to charge me almost $20 for a cd, I am not surprised people download music, or buy less music. Also the selections at FYE is terrible, but those stores at catering to collector's like us, they are targeting their music to someone who listens to pop music and more or less a pleasant backround noise.

As matter a fact the last new cd I bought was " Death Magnet" that is only because it was 9.99 brand new or I would have passed on it if it was 17 to 20 range.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:42 pm

Thats wierd everyone has crappy FYE's. Mine has a seperate section for metal and they have a decent selection. Some things though that I would put in metal are in the regular section like Dream Theater or Motorhead. Even though their not considered "metal" they should still be in the metal section. Another thing I think is wierd is Korn is in the metal section but Godsmack is not? The bands are different but for Korn to be in metal doesnt make sense but whatever I pass them up anyway. Now the FYE in my mall used to be good too but then they downsized and that one does suck also some of the prices are more than the one thats on its own.

Spec I cant believe you spent $30 on that wasp cd lol. I think I got mine for $20 still expensive but regular price if you compare it to other stores. I understand though if your a fan you'll pay pretty much anything if you really want it.

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Yeah shaddup Mr. "I Bought Death Magnetic in 3 different formats".

We all have our favorites. Smile
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:06 am

Whenever I'm in the area I'll hit up the FYE in Henderson. The thing that drives me crazy about that store is how everything is stuffed into the racks. I love digging through cds as much as anyone, but you can't even move the cds to see what they have. One time I got a friendly caring clerk/manager, so I said to her that they should give the used stuff it's own section to make it easier to go through. May as well have said put all the cds on the floor from the look she gave me.

The card thing just never seemed worth it. But man do they ever push that thing at checkout.

Despite most of my purchases being online, I still cannot resist going to actual stores.
Back to top Go down

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:14 pm

It's like a Barnes & Noble discount card...at $18 it'll pay for itself in 10 new CD purchases, then everything after that is savings...

Ask for an FYE gift card for Christmas, buy a membership/discount card, then it's all savings.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 10:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I paid 30 bucks for it on the day of release because I'm stupid fanboy like that, but for it to be still 30 bucks over a year later is, as Eyesore would say, wicked retarded.

Not to mention that W.A.S.P.'s DOMINATOR is just over 30 minutes long. At the F.Y.E. price you're paying almost a buck a minute. Geez, there are phone sex lines that are cheaper than that. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 12:01 am

I had their card for one year, didn't really use it, because as you pointed out, their prices are high so they weren't a place I used often. You're not saving much (if any) by having to PAY for the card and then dealing with their jacked up prices.

I'll still go there (the one in town is really small though), but Best Buy & CDUniverse.com are my first stops. I only buy from them if I *know* the CD will be the same price elsewhere or sometimes you'll get lucky and run across a decent release for $9.99. I don't pay $20 for any CD from anyone.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:34 am

spectrefate wrote:
Yeah shaddup Mr. "I Bought Death Magnetic in 3 different formats".

We all have our favorites. Smile
lol! I actually only bought the box set! I got the actual cd from buying Metallica tickets so that was free and then the download version came with the box set order. Oh wait theres a 4th the Guitar Hero version Laughing

I still have yet to get that box set in the mail though. angry

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:59 am

The one goog thing about FYE is you can go in there the first day something is out, and there is a chance they will have it.

The bad thing is getting offered that dumb card that I will never buy because as soon as I do, the store will close. Also them asking me if I want 3 free magazine subscriptions, that I know aren't free.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:41 pm

Thats annoying too but Best Buy does the same thing when you use a credit card. I did it once just for the hell of it and canceled it after the second issue so wouldnt get charged.

I like what this store I go to does. They give you a card and every time you buy a regular cd they stamp it or punch a hole out and when the card is full you get a free cd. You dont have to pay for the card or anything.

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:22 pm

best Buy sucks for cds in my town.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

I like what this store I go to does. They give you a card and every time you buy a regular cd they stamp it or punch a hole out and when the card is full you get a free cd. You dont have to pay for the card or anything.

I've been to a cool CD store in the Poconos (Pennsylvania) called the "Main Street Jukebox" (it's in Stroudsburg, and it's definitely worth checking out if you're ever in the neighborhood!) a couple of times that has the same idea, they call it a "frequent buyer card." The only problem is I only visit that area twice a year at most (and don't always have time to hit that store when I am in the area) so it will take me forever to earn enough hole-punches to get a free CD. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:35 pm

We had story in Tampa that had similar punch hole card, it was called Disc Go Round, specialized in used CDS, and it was incredible what you could find there in terms of bootlegs, but it folded about 2002.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 2:23 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:

So does mine now. I used to be able to go in and find all sorts of stuff but after 2 christmas' ago their selection has totally changed. I dont think they even keep up with it anymore because cds arent where they should be and its just a mess. I really dont bother going there for cds anymore unless I see a sale in the paper or something

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 5:49 pm

Best Buy has decent prices here. Not bad selection, too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:56 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
I paid 30 bucks for it on the day of release because I'm stupid fanboy like that, but for it to be still 30 bucks over a year later is, as Eyesore would say, wicked retarded.

Not to mention that W.A.S.P.'s DOMINATOR is just over 30 minutes long. At the F.Y.E. price you're paying almost a buck a minute. Geez, there are phone sex lines that are cheaper than that. Laughing

There are!!! Why am I wasting my time talkin' to you sausages for??? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:44 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:

So does mine now. I used to be able to go in and find all sorts of stuff but after 2 christmas' ago their selection has totally changed. I dont think they even keep up with it anymore because cds arent where they should be and its just a mess. I really dont bother going there for cds anymore unless I see a sale in the paper or something

My local Best Buy is going downhill too. I used to go there allot, but there selection is getting smaller and smaller. I pretty much only go for new, on-sale stuff as well anymore.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:41 pm

I've got their discount card, it's definitely worth it. I've saved a lot of money using it, I help out my friends as well, and get them discounts. On your birthday, I think you get a 20% discount.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 3:51 pm

Speaking about discount cards, I do have a Best Buy Reward Zone card. It's free, you just sign-up for it. Every time you make a purchase of anything at Best Buy (electronics, music, movies, appliences, etc.) they scan your card and you get points. When you reach a certain number of points, they'll send you coupons in the mail for money off. The minimum coupon amout is $5 off any purchase, but I've gotten ones as much as $20 off. I haven't used it much lately, but it comes in handy around the holidays.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Speaking about discount cards, I do have a Best Buy Reward Zone card. It's free, you just sign-up for it. Every time you make a purchase of anything at Best Buy (electronics, music, movies, appliences, etc.) they scan your card and you get points. When you reach a certain number of points, they'll send you coupons in the mail for money off. The minimum coupon amout is $5 off any purchase, but I've gotten ones as much as $20 off. I haven't used it much lately, but it comes in handy around the holidays.

We have that where I work too, it's called "Scorecard Rewards" and it's free and it simply tallies up what you spend (dollar a point); and then every time you reach 300 points you get a $10 gift card. That reminds me, I j have a ten dollar gift card I have to spend. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FYE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FYE   FYE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FYE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: