Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone heard of Ravage?

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
exact33
tohostudios
Thrasher73
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone heard of Ravage? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 7:17 pm

Has anyone here heard of this band before? Ravage Check em out and tell me what you think. I kind of like it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:29 pm

Not bad at all.I like their style.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:37 pm

Never heard of them but that sounds pretty good.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2008 9:38 pm

i had spectral rider for awhile but it was kinda boring. It sounded like it was recorded in a garage and the vocas were very montone. this stuff on myspace is much better. Its hard to believe its the same band...

Alex

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:09 am

Bumpity-bump bump.

These guys recently signed to Metal Blade. Sounds like pretty cool stuff if you're into the whole retro-80's-thrash/metal thingy. And you can't go wrong with an Ed Repka album cover.

http://www.myspace.com/swwr

Anyone heard of Ravage? Ravage_cover

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 10:27 am

You can also get their debut ep Freedom Fighter from cdbaby for $6 (or as part of their $5 deal if your purchase 2 others). Includes a cover of Maiden's 'Be Quick or Be Dead'.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:12 pm

They are selling their stuff at their shows for 5.00. Awesome band!! Seventh Calling played a few shows with these guys and they are tighter than hell live. Their new drummer kicks ass and their new bassist as well.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:22 pm

Man,The End of Tomorrow is such a great album.Its definitely gonna top my list for this year.It incorporates all the greatness of Priest and Maiden and still manages to sound fresh.Awesome Release.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You can also get their debut ep Freedom Fighter from cdbaby for $6 (or as part of their $5 deal if your purchase 2 others). Includes a cover of Maiden's 'Be Quick or Be Dead'.

I ordered the FREEDOM FIGHTER disc from CDBaby this week. Pretty killer stuff! I'm definitely gonna have to track down the full length END OF TOMORROW now (hey, my birthday's coming up in May if anyone wants to get me a present. Haha.)

Oddly enough, though I expected the Iron Maiden cover to be the selling point for me, their version of "Be Quick or Be Dead" is actually the weakest track on the CD. Kinda surprising that a thrash-minded band like these guys couldn't up the adrenaline factor on their version. Maiden's version still rules.

I bet these guys must be Raven fans, because several times throughout the disc the vocalist hits this pretty cool John Gallagher style "WAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGH!" scream!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 pm

I got their cds when I played a show with them. The singer is a really nice guy. End Of Tomorrow is so much better than Freedom Fighter so if you like that one you'll definetly like End Of Tomorrow.

BTW I got mine signed and no you can't have it. BUT! what you can have is my Ravage shirt and hat if you like. I don't wear hats and the shirt is black with a design on it. I thought it was red. I went to go put it on a while back and noticed the design was a hot pink color. I took it off and haven't worn it since. Your more than welcome to that one lol

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Ravage 8/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone heard of Ravage?   Anyone heard of Ravage? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone heard of Ravage?
Page 1 of 1