Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals) Empty
PostSubject: The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals)   The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:19 am

The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals) The%20Codex

Hotshot Swedish guitarist Magnus Karlsson fulfills his vision of bombastic, symphonic metal with many projects, but THE CODEX teams him with Yngwie Malmsteen vocalist Mark Boals. Relentlessly melodic and extravagant tracks like opener "Beyond the Dark" showcase both Boals's elastic wail and Karlsson's encyclopedic technical vocabulary. The songs on THE CODEX are as impeccably orchestrated as the best progressive and power metal, with keyboards shading the nimble guitar passages and subtly darkening the moody compositions. THE CODEX displays the possibilities of metal virtuosity in all its glory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals)   The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:21 am

It was in my top ten of last year. Just a dynamically great record. Mark Boals doesn't get the credit he deserves. He's such a great vocalist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals)   The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:22 am

Mark Boals is a ridiculously great singer....

I've had this CD for months, but broke it out again today...amazing Melodic Metal...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals)   The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:32 am

For those who want to hear them, this is the song I use to introduce peeps to this band...

Raise Your Hands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y02IfzSC4eM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals)   The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 8:54 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals)   The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Codex (Magnus Karlsson & Mark Boals)
Page 1 of 1