Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marijuana

Go down 
+22
nevermore
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
skullsmasher
DallasBlack
the sentinel
Schbopo
Pontus
MetalRob331
Stender
Metal Misfit
Mortuary
Thrasher73
tohostudios
sam
Tall Tyrion
TheGooch
kmorg
Fat Freddy
mc666
KissinMaiden
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:26 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I used to smoke but I stopped about 10 years ago after reading that after age 35, males who smoke pot have almost double the risk of a heart attack.

Propaganda.

I doubt it. The article was in Men's Health.

Even if it is propaganda, I'm better off without it.

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I used to smoke but I stopped about 10 years ago after reading that after age 35, males who smoke pot have almost double the risk of a heart attack.

Propaganda.

I doubt it. The article was in Men's Health.

Even if it is propaganda, I'm better off without it.

I'm glad it was in Men's health. Doctors and health people are never wrong.

Yes, you are better without it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:51 pm

Nah.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:00 am

Never touched the stuff and could never understand those who did. My best friend was an avid smoker even unto his death and always wanted me to get high with him. He was like a brother to me and I loved him as one, but I never betrayed my principles. I did however get a few "contact highs" when I was around him and his smoking buddies (pretty cool guys and I was never pressured about not joining in).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:58 am

DallasBlack wrote:
"and could never understand those who did."
My thoughts, exactly.

Last edited by Mortuary on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:58 am

I've tried it. Have'nt done any in over 20 years now. It was more about fitting in with a group than anything else with me. I didn't care for the way it made me feel and I never thought it was worth the trouble that it could bring if I were to get caught. The place I work has random drug screening and I have been randomly selected on a few occasions and would have lost my job if I had tested positive. Good paying jobs are not that plentiful to blow it on some weed.

But this is my opinion and I feel adults should be able to make decisions for themselves on issues like this. I always worry after going to a concert where there is lots of smoke in the air around me if this could be enough to not pass a drug screening. I also have to explain to my son what people are doing when he sees and smells this at shows. I just hope that when it is offered to him that he makes the wise decision and avoids it. Just not worth throuble it can bring.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:13 am

Waste of time and brain cells, and I don't need the war on drugs propaganda stuff at all to know that, I've known countless examples of why it eventually alters you and makes you an absolute loser. I've no interested in being a loser who doesn't know what's going in. Even for a few minutes out of my life. Maybe I'm weird. Smoke around me and in me doesn't appeal to me, the taste of alcohol does nothing for me. Who cares? Waste of time. Who needs to be altered, mess their body up? I don't condone, but can MAYBE at least 'understand' if someone turned to something like that out of depression. But the whole happy go lucky, casual use, everybody should do it, why don't you do it too attitude makes me sick and makes me feel violent. Razz
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:32 am

skullsmasher wrote:
I've tried it. Have'nt done any in over 20 years now. It was more about fitting in with a group than anything else with me. I didn't care for the way it made me feel and I never thought it was worth the trouble that it could bring if I were to get caught. The place I work has random drug screening and I have been randomly selected on a few occasions and would have lost my job if I had tested positive. Good paying jobs are not that plentiful to blow it on some weed.

But this is my opinion and I feel adults should be able to make decisions for themselves on issues like this. I always worry after going to a concert where there is lots of smoke in the air around me if this could be enough to not pass a drug screening. I also have to explain to my son what people are doing when he sees and smells this at shows. I just hope that when it is offered to him that he makes the wise decision and avoids it. Just not worth throuble it can bring.

You won't get a positive drug screen result from second hand smoke (i.e. concert). We drug test at the company I work for so I know how the screens work. My favorite excuse (only had 1 person fail in the past year) was "i was at a party and other people in the room were smoking pot" - especially since I know that you won't get a positive test from second hanf smoke.

and, for the record, I don't smoke pot.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:37 am

"Roll, roll, roll the joint
Pass it down the line
Grab the smoke
And take a toke
And blow your f**kin' mind"

\'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 am

"In the early days of this country when the buffalo roamed the land
All the saddle tramps and cowboys used to roll their own by hand
And they'd sit up in the stirrups on their a$$ or on their horse
And they'd sing a little ditty that went like this, of course:
When your feet are in the stirrups and your a$$ is on the ground
Cuz the grass that he's been eating is the finest grass around;
Well let us not remember boys, but let us not forget
Strike a match and light another marijuana cigarette!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pass it down the line
Grab the smoke
And take a toke

\'arry \'eadbanger

lol! I remember that little diddy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:43 am

thrasher73 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pass it down the line
Grab the smoke
And take a toke

\'arry \'eadbanger

lol! I remember that little diddy

Then apparently you have not smoked enough. It took me a good 15 minutes to remember the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:49 am

thejokeriv wrote:

You won't get a positive drug screen result from second hand smoke (i.e. concert). We drug test at the company I work for so I know how the screens work. My favorite excuse (only had 1 person fail in the past year) was "i was at a party and other people in the room were smoking pot" - especially since I know that you won't get a positive test from second hanf smoke.

and, for the record, I don't smoke pot.[/quote]

I always figured this to be but was never really 100% sure. Good to know, but I still won't breathe to deeply as it drifts by just in case.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I went thru an "I'm a little pot head" phase when I was in college but haven't partaken in over a decade.

And now he's going through his "I'm a huge dick head" phase instead.

That's MISTER Huge Dick Head to you, Norweegie!!!

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:38 pm

Tried it. Didn't like it. Not for me.
Back to top Go down

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Smoked fields of the stuff in my teens, but then my brain started to melt and I became drinking age. Found booze was more fun. But I have been off the bottle for 3.5 years.

But just a side note. I have a vast knowledge of the Rastafarian religion, and the "Wisdom Weed" CAN be used for positive purposes. Not just as part of a culture, but it DOES help in alot of medicinal ways, as well. So don't just write off all pot smokers as "losers". Look at yourself and see how perfect you are before judging anyone else.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 4:36 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

and, for the record, I don't smoke pot.

I always figured this to be but was never really 100% sure. Good to know, but I still won't breathe to deeply as it drifts by just in case.[/quote]

I was around the smoke many times on leave during the Navy and never failed a drug test so I'm proof that you can't get it from second hand. I have never believed that second hand smoke (even from tobacco) can cause the same effects as first hand so I was never worried about it.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:52 pm

I used to smoke it a lot along with hash and opium, man what a waste!!!!!! I've been smoke free for 10 years now though.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Smoked a lot in high school with several friends. Drank myself silly too. I went to a small Christian college and actually straightened up there; I had already done my wild thing. Haven't been around it since, until I went to the Progressive Nation show in Columbus. Couple of guys upwind of me were imbibing and I got a bit of a contact high. Didn't really realize it though until I started driving home! insane
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:14 pm

Never done it myself, in my partying days I was a drinker solely. But I was always around it back then, including roommates who lived for it. Stoned antics always amused me more than drunken antics for some reason. Of course that was before I had a roommate who had a habit of peeing on the floor after getting lit. I also loved the ingenious way stoners could turn anything into a bong.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:31 pm

Quote :
I also loved the ingenious way stoners could turn anything into a bong.

I also loved the ingenious way stoners would smoke anything to get high. I've personally smoked poppy seeds, catnip, banana peels, lettuce and the dreaded "resins" (bleccchhhh!).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:38 pm

I always liked how they would cough up a lung after taking a hit, then ask, "Are you sure you don't want any?".
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I always liked how they would cough up a lung after taking a hit, then ask, "Are you sure you don't want any?".

Oh yeah, been there.

The "rougher" (i.e. "homegrown") the weed, the harder it was to smoke.

Nothing like snagging some imported stuff...smooooooth.

Geez, I know way too much about this.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:49 pm

I forgot about the way they could go so long on so little. Recycling the stuff to the bitter end. Nothing ever went to waste. Or how excited they got if they got a good batch , knowing that they could make it last. And for how long. It was like a science for them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 pm

jstate wrote:
I forgot about the way they could go so long on so little. Recycling the stuff to the bitter end. Nothing ever went to waste. Or how excited they got if they got a good batch , knowing that they could make it last. And for how long. It was like a science for them.

Yep. During hard times, my friends and I would scrape all the bongs, all the bowls, all the screens and get this nasty moist resins. Then we'd put them on a cookie sheet and bake them until they dried out.

Man, that stuff tasted absolutely terrible but since it was concentrated THC, you got wasted really quick.

Marijuana - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marijuana   Marijuana - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marijuana
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: