Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hellyeah

Go down 
+14
Todd Jaymz
manny
skullsmasher
TheGooch
XYZ
the sentinel
nevermore
Orion Crystal Ice
DeathCult
sam
MetalRob331
ensiferum2k
mc666
Schbopo
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Have not heard the whole album, have only heard the radio hits. The song Alcohaulinass sucks royally and annoys me every time I am forced to listen to it at the gym.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:14 pm

Quote :
the sterotype is as follows

evereyone watches nascar
everyone goes nuts for college football
everyone owns guns
everyone owns pick up trucks
everyone listens to country and western
are generally religious fundamenatlists hence the term bible belt
etc etc

Most of that is extremely, extremely true in that it can be found here to the specifics. BUT. It isn't like they are pouring out everywhere on the streets the way most people think. Sure, if you go somewhere out in the sticks in the middle of FL or Georgia, then yeah, most people there will embody that for sure, but in the cities it isn't really swarming with your typical redneck at all. You can still find them, but you can still find street gang territory too. Just depends where you are in the city.

Regarding the guns & religion thing I've seen the good and bad examples of each. It is definitely a thin line. For example....I dislike seeing the scared people who only go to church because it's the thing you do, and their parents did it and their grandparents did it, and they have no concept of anything that is not completely explicitly in the King James. But I also like seeing the people who are very genuine and have a very strong, very non-ignorant, but pious attitude towards their beliefs.

Quote :
the
southern spirit is the attitude of people in the south who seem to give
two fingers to everyone else and just do what they want - or thats how
i would see it is someone asked me what the southern spirit is.

Eh, there's too many generalities, too many variables there. For one, we can't really claim exclusivity to that attitude, and for two, it's only beneficial to have that attitude if you're right, and most people aren't right about anything. Razz I would search for something else maybe. Ever seen Ken Burns' Civil War documentary? Razz

Quote :
and yes spice girls embodie the british spirit. i love the spice girls

I must respectfully disagree. I nominate:

Hellyeah - Page 2 Patrick_stewart_JamieSquire

who can argue, really?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:47 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Quote :
the sterotype is as follows

evereyone watches nascar
everyone goes nuts for college football
everyone owns guns
everyone owns pick up trucks
everyone listens to country and western
are generally religious fundamenatlists hence the term bible belt
etc etc

Most of that is extremely, extremely true in that it can be found here to the specifics. BUT. It isn't like they are pouring out everywhere on the streets the way most people think. Sure, if you go somewhere out in the sticks in the middle of FL or Georgia, then yeah, most people there will embody that for sure, but in the cities it isn't really swarming with your typical redneck at all. You can still find them, but you can still find street gang territory too. Just depends where you are in the city.

Regarding the guns & religion thing I've seen the good and bad examples of each. It is definitely a thin line. For example....I dislike seeing the scared people who only go to church because it's the thing you do, and their parents did it and their grandparents did it, and they have no concept of anything that is not completely explicitly in the King James. But I also like seeing the people who are very genuine and have a very strong, very non-ignorant, but pious attitude towards their beliefs.

Quote :
the
southern spirit is the attitude of people in the south who seem to give
two fingers to everyone else and just do what they want - or thats how
i would see it is someone asked me what the southern spirit is.

Eh, there's too many generalities, too many variables there. For one, we can't really claim exclusivity to that attitude, and for two, it's only beneficial to have that attitude if you're right, and most people aren't right about anything. Razz I would search for something else maybe. Ever seen Ken Burns' Civil War documentary? Razz

Quote :
and yes spice girls embodie the british spirit. i love the spice girls

who can argue, really?

OK, I have to weigh in here.

I was born in PA. Went to college in VA.

Then I accepted a job in Tennessee.

Talk about culture shock. The VERY first day I got there, I was driving to Nashville on I-24 and saw a banner hanging from an overpass that read "Welcome To Klan Kountry". On my way back, I passed a beatup, red pickup truck with dual rebel flag bumper stickers, crossed shotguns in the rear window and squirrel pelts dangling all around the cab's interior.

I thought I'd gone 20 years back in time.

I hated Tennessee. Until I helped someone move to Arkansas. Hell, Arkansas made Tennessee seem "enlightened".

I guess it's possible that "the South" has become more enlightened since I lived there more than 20 years ago.

But I doubt it...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:49 pm

BTW,

Florida is a different animal because that state has a ton of transplants from other states.

You want a taste of the South? Try Hayti, Missouri or Paragould, Arkansas.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Todd Jaymz wrote:
What does Vinnie being heavy set have to do with anything??
it doesn't, he just is.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 7:57 pm

That's what I mean though; most people live in the bigger cities, thus making them the bigger cities. That goes for Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, etc. I can still show you places though only 20-30 miles from my chair where there is literally no paved road, maybe a wooden road sign, and the home (single-wide) is inaccessible due to forest growth. Razz Part of my work is doing textile deliveries to homes and I've been to places that OnStar probably doesn't know exist. So there is that still, very much so. I just mean that it's cut down due to the majority of people living in bigger cities, because cities have grown so much, especially in the last few decades. Of course, I don't know how Tennessee is in a general sense.... Razz Haven't been there........ One state I can say has a lot of the typical thing pretty evenly scattered is Alabama. That state, wowee. But Florida, Georgia, basically up the coast of the South isn't quite how most people see it as a whole (anymore).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:02 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
That's what I mean though; most people live in the bigger cities, thus making them the bigger cities. That goes for Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, etc. I can still show you places though only 20-30 miles from my chair where there is literally no paved road, maybe a wooden road sign, and the home (single-wide) is inaccessible due to forest growth. Razz Part of my work is doing textile deliveries to homes and I've been to places that OnStar probably doesn't know exist. So there is that still, very much so. I just mean that it's cut down due to the majority of people living in bigger cities, because cities have grown so much, especially in the last few decades. Of course, I don't know how Tennessee is in a general sense.... Razz Haven't been there........ One state I can say has a lot of the typical thing pretty evenly scattered is Alabama. That state, wowee. But Florida, Georgia, basically up the coast of the South isn't quite how most people see it as a whole (anymore).

I don't consider most of the southern East coast as "the South". It's the landlocked states that comprise Redneckville IMO.

Add Mississippi to the "redneck state" list (yeah, I know that state isn't landlocked; exception to the rule) I went deep into the state with my best friend at the time to pick up his 90+ year old grandfather. What a hellhole! Shacks everywhere.

And where there weren't any shacks, the highway was bounded by nothing but trees.

Again, this was over 20 years ago and things may have improved but I doubt it. The stuff I saw seemed to have been that way since the 1900s.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Quote :

who can argue, really?

No way!! He's French!!! [quote] Laughing
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:16 pm

That's where they are most down here, too. Go to the very middle of Florida (not Orlando) or Georgia and you will be seeing shacks, woods, rebel flags, the whole nine yards, absolutely everywhere. People that time and society forgot. Razz Houses that will stand forever because the government won't ever realize they exist.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Have not heard the whole album, have only heard the radio hits. The song Alcohaulinass sucks royally and annoys me every time I am forced to listen to it at the gym.

In that case, the rest probably won't interest you. I thought Alcohaulin' was a standout cut, too.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:35 am

[quote= I passed a beatup, red pickup truck with dual rebel flag bumper stickers, crossed shotguns in the rear window and squirrel pelts dangling all around the cab's interior.

I thought I'd gone 20 years back in time.

I hated Tennessee. Until I helped someone move to Arkansas. Hell, Arkansas made Tennessee seem "enlightened".

I guess it's possible that "the South" has become more enlightened since I lived there more than 20 years ago.

But I doubt it...[/quote]

lol! lol! Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

almost sounds like describing my county, just add lots of weed and crack dealers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

Hellyeah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellyeah   Hellyeah - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellyeah
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2