Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lead Guitarist Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Lead Guitarist Question Empty
PostSubject: Lead Guitarist Question   Lead Guitarist Question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:17 pm

I'm curious, any Guitarists in a band here. When your Vocalist can sometimes take liberties during Live play, and sing back up during your guitar "Solo", Does it urk you a bit or if it happens too often,it begins to?
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Lead Guitarist Question   Lead Guitarist Question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:40 pm

I can't say I've ever had a singer do this while I soloed but It would bug me probly

Allthough one time I did a call response solo with a singer id play a lick and he'd sing the lick kinda like Deep Purple did
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead Guitarist Question   Lead Guitarist Question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:53 pm

Not very many Vocalists do that, altho a few "Yee-Owwwwww!" a short one or a melodic Bit here and there. I remember a "Tommy Lee's" Search for a Singer show,where a candidate was criticised for injecting a Harmonic "Bit" during the guitar solo. Once, years ago a buddy and I joked about Rob Halford sung the Guitar solo in "Jawbreaker" Live, as KK & Tipton glanced at him,hopign he'd stop mimicking the sounds.lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead Guitarist Question   Lead Guitarist Question Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:30 pm

Both me and our drummer do sometimes, just to piss off our guitarist. And then after that, I break into my 30 minute bass solo.
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lead Guitarist Question   Lead Guitarist Question Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:29 am

Schbopo wrote:
Both me and our drummer do sometimes, just to piss off our guitarist. And then after that, I break into my 30 minute bass solo.
lol!

lol! Back in the day of HS, We did an Airband for the School christmas show. We joked afterward, during the Headbang'n, the front row teachers were first dowsed with sweat, then Blood...for good measure, a corpse. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lead Guitarist Question   Lead Guitarist Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lead Guitarist Question
Page 1 of 1