Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are some songs with "backwards messages"?

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
Lurideath
romeolimagolf
Troublezone
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
brontotex
INVADERS
SAHB Healer
mc666
mr.electric39
Required Fields
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

What are some songs with "backwards messages"? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 5:14 pm

I'm pretty sure my friend from HS painstakingly took apart a cassette and unwound the spools and rewound it backwards....can anyone confirm if that would do the trick? As long as the proper side of the tape is still being read, I can't think why this wouldn't work....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 5:15 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I'm pretty sure my friend from HS painstakingly took apart a cassette and unwound the spools and rewound it backwards....can anyone confirm if that would do the trick? As long as the proper side of the tape is still being read, I can't think why this wouldn't work....
You better believe it would work. Did it myself, knew many others that did back in the day
Back to top Go down
cpmetalman
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: played it back in '85   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
There's some stuff spoken backwards at the end of "The Damned" by the Plasmatics (off the COUP D'ETAT album) but I've never felt particularly compelled to play it in reverse and see what it says...

Knowing Wendy O. Williams, it's probably something like "Hey you moron, you're not supposed to play your records backwards!"

IT says "Consensus Programming is dangerous to your health, the brainwashed do not know they are brainwashed." Which if you really think about it is very true.
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Red Hot by Motley Crue is an example...of course the back of the record cover said there it may contain backward messages. Right about where Vince sings the part "the kids scream in fright through the night...loving every bite with delight, spin it backwards to hear something like" sure feels nice to be a devil"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:34 pm

cpmetalman wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
There's some stuff spoken backwards at the end of "The Damned" by the Plasmatics (off the COUP D'ETAT album) but I've never felt particularly compelled to play it in reverse and see what it says...

Knowing Wendy O. Williams, it's probably something like "Hey you moron, you're not supposed to play your records backwards!"
IT says "Consensus Programming is dangerous to your health, the brainwashed do not know they are brainwashed." Which if you really think about it is very true.
Well hey, thanks for the info. That definitely sounds like something Wendy would've said too. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:09 am

Whitecross also had it on one of the songs off of the debut.

PostSubject: Re: What are some songs with "backwards messages"?   What are some songs with "backwards messages"? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are some songs with "backwards messages"?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2