Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal with a horn section...

Go down 
+10
krokus
arttieTHE1manparty
kmorg
thejokeriv
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
Rex
manny
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Metal with a horn section... Empty
PostSubject: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:57 am

Was listening to RIOT - the Privilege of Power this morning and the song "KILLER", which is a heavy number has a horn section. Can you name some other metal or thrash songs with a horn section?

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 9:59 am

"Don't Let It Die" by Raven.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:00 am

spectrefate wrote:
"Don't Let It Die" by Raven.

Beat me to it! Dang you! angry

Raven also used a horn section on "The Bottom Line" and "Hyperactive"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:01 am

Freddy what's the song on WS's "Chill Pill" album with horns? I'm thinking it had Michael Monroe on the same song? scratch
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:02 am

spectrefate wrote:
Freddy what's the song on WS's "Chill Pill" album with horns? I'm thinking it had Michael Monroe on the same song? scratch

Oy... I can hear it in my head but can't think of the title... haven't listened to that CD in awhile. Was it "High Road?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 am

I just found on Google that Michael Monroe played sax on "Ha ha ha" and harmonica on "High Road"

So, "HA HA HA" by Warrior Soul counts.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:06 am

spectrefate wrote:
I just found on Google that Michael Monroe played sax on "Ha ha ha" and harmonica on "High Road"

So, "HA HA HA" by Warrior Soul counts.

You're right, now I remember, there is indeed some saxophone squealing amidst all the chaos of "Ha Ha Ha"

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:08 am

Pro Pain "One man Army"
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:20 am

Gwar had some horns on a few songs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 am

Rex wrote:
Gwar had some horns on a few songs.

YES! I should've thought of them. There are prominent horns on the track "Saddam A-Go-Go," off of THIS TOILET EARTH for starters.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 am

Alice Cooper- Welcome To My Nightmare
Crap thats not metal but whatever, people categorize him as so many different categories
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:25 am

Exodus- B*tch

thats a thrash one
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 12:48 pm

maudlin of the Well - Stones of October's Sobbing (description: slow, progressive doom/death..stuff..amazing song)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:15 pm

Extreme - Get The Funk Out
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Metal with a horn section... DIO-HolyDiver-Front

Dio - Holy Diver

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Queensryche has saxaphone in Promise Land.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 2:05 am

Black Sabbath - Break Out (Never Say Die)

Where are the horns on Holy Diver???
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 4:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Was listening to RIOT - the Privilege of Power this morning and the song "KILLER", which is a heavy number has a horn section. Can you name some other metal or thrash songs with a horn section?

STORMING THE GATES OF HELL by RIOT also have a horn section.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 pm

Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger song "New Damage" had a crazy sax at the end of the song.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:21 pm

Thin Lizzy-Johnny
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:47 pm

detuned wrote:
Black Sabbath - Break Out (Never Say Die)

I think he's mistaken for the keyboards.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:21 pm

Dead Conspiracy - As You Would Have Them Do

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Didn't Ult create this exact same thread a while back. Or was that just about the trombone? Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
Didn't Ult create this exact same thread a while back. Or was that just about the trombone? Haha.

I started one awhile back called "Do Saxophones Belong in Metal?" which was not at all serious.

Anyway, I have two more additions that I don't believe have been mentioned yet:

Suicidal Tendencies' "Get Whacked" opens with a burst of trumpets (at least I think they're trumpets). I think there is a bit of saxophone tooting in the background of ST's "Send Me Your Money" too.

There are also some horns on the brief instrumental piece on Megadeths' WORLD NEEDS A HERO (I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head and don't have the CD handy) that leads into "Return To Hangar."

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:43 pm

detuned wrote:

On the cover art! 🤘

lol!

PostSubject: Re: Metal with a horn section...   Metal with a horn section... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal with a horn section...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next