Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lenny Kravitz

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Lenny Kravitz Empty
PostSubject: Lenny Kravitz   Lenny Kravitz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:22 pm

I am not huge Lenny Kravitz but I do enjoy his retro rock n roll feel, and feel Let Love Rule is the best Beatle song ever written by an non Beatle, any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Lenny Kravitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Kravitz   Lenny Kravitz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 8:33 pm

I used to like that 'If You Can't Say No' single, odd attitude towards adultery aside. Razz But it seems like he has a bit of a hard time integrating all his influences in one clear sound, it tends to come off kind of fragmented to me. Plus, I got to this point suddenly a couple of years ago where I just couldn't stand his voice AT ALL. But I think I liked that song because I feel that he, along with the Smashing Pumpkins, benefit more when they have more of an ambient electronic presence mixed into their music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Lenny Kravitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Kravitz   Lenny Kravitz Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:07 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I used to like that 'If You Can't Say No' single, odd attitude towards adultery aside. Razz But it seems like he has a bit of a hard time integrating all his influences in one clear sound, it tends to come off kind of fragmented to me. Plus, I got to this point suddenly a couple of years ago where I just couldn't stand his voice AT ALL. But I think I liked that song because I feel that he, along with the Smashing Pumpkins, benefit more when they have more of an ambient electronic presence mixed into their music.

I get what you're saying. I think the guy could put out an album of pure rockers and it would smoke. Then he could put out an album of mellow tunes and it would be just as good. As they are, his albums are too all over the place. For me personally, I think he got a little too over-exposed for awhile there and I got tired of seeing/hearing him everywhere. Talented guy though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lenny Kravitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Kravitz   Lenny Kravitz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lenny Kravitz
Page 1 of 1