Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lenny Dykstra

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
exact33
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:00 pm

I used to be a huge fan of this guy back in the days. The 1993 Phillies club is still one of the best I ever remember watching as a young kid, but Lenny has lost his marbles recently. First drug possessions, then car theft and bankruptcy fraud, and now indecent exposure. He needs a good doctor and a hug ASAP: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/6896893/lenny-dykstra-charged-indecent-exposure-los-angeles
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:15 pm

When I saw this topic, I thought it was gonna be announcing his death via suicide or something.

Really sad what's happened to him. That expose on HBO's Real Sports was depressing. I was watching it when my wife walked in the room. She has no idea who he is, but asked me if he was retarded or brain damaged just from the way he talked (no joke).

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
When I saw this topic, I thought it was gonna be announcing his death via suicide or something.

Really sad what's happened to him. That expose on HBO's Real Sports was depressing. I was watching it when my wife walked in the room. She has no idea who he is, but asked me if he was retarded or brain damaged just from the way he talked (no joke).

Sad for sure. I think he also had mouth cancer from all the tobacco he chewed as a player and probably off the field and part of his jaw is gone. He was such a hard-nosed player from what I remember, just crazy what's become of him.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:58 pm

From what I've gathered, he got lucky in the stock market, but didn't really have a grasp of what he was doing. He was making tons of money for himself and others, riding a hot streak. Then when things took a turn, he panicked and lost everything.

He's been on a downward spiral ever since then. He was a helluva player back in the day.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
From what I've gathered, he got lucky in the stock market, but didn't really have a grasp of what he was doing. He was making tons of money for himself and others, riding a hot streak. Then when things took a turn, he panicked and lost everything.

He's been on a downward spiral ever since then. He was a helluva player back in the day.

i totally agree. I thought he was a very good player but he is out of control now. I listen to Dutch on the radio and even he is blown away by Lenny's antics.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:50 am

And Dutch Dalton is crazier than a sh*thouse rat!! Razz

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Wow, you ain't kiddin'! From Wikipedia:

Quote :
Daulton holds a series of beliefs related to conspiracies, occultism, and numerology. He maintains that the universe is created and sustained by numerical synchronicities, and that all matter is charged with vibrational energy, which has escaped human perception because it is extradimensional in origin. He believes that those who are conscious of this energy can manipulate it to affect reality in different ways, such as altering the weather. He also believes that the pyramids and Mayan temples were created by a lost civilization, and that people with knowledge of the workings of the system will "ascend" at the conclusion of the Mayan calendar on Dec. 21, 2012, at 11:11 a.m. (Greenwich Mean Time), vanishing into a new plane of existence.[6] He recently claimed in a televised interview with ESPN that he has "skipped through time" and undergone "astral travel" and will "blast into space."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 am

Yea, I believed he toned it down a bit in order to get some broadcast work, but for awhile there, Dutch was spouting off to anyone that would listen and really sounded like a loon.

The King
exact33

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, I believed he toned it down a bit in order to get some broadcast work, but for awhile there, Dutch was spouting off to anyone that would listen and really sounded like a loon.

i enjoy his talking baseball with dutch on the radio. If half of what he says is true, what a crazy life he has led!

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :
Daulton holds a series of beliefs related to conspiracies, occultism, and numerology. He maintains that the universe is created and sustained by numerical synchronicities, and that all matter is charged with vibrational energy, which has escaped human perception because it is extradimensional in origin. He believes that those who are conscious of this energy can manipulate it to affect reality in different ways, such as altering the weather. He also believes that the pyramids and Mayan temples were created by a lost civilization, and that people with knowledge of the workings of the system will "ascend" at the conclusion of the Mayan calendar on Dec. 21, 2012, at 11:11 a.m. (Greenwich Mean Time), vanishing into a new plane of existence.[6] He recently claimed in a televised interview with ESPN that he has "skipped through time" and undergone "astral travel" and will "blast into space."

Is Darren Dalton TroubleMagent?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 1:52 pm

GrandNational wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Is Darren Dalton TroubleMagent?

Laughing very hard

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Sad to hear this. When I collected baseball cards back in the day I had a lot of his cards and he was a favorite of mine (of course I was more of collecting fan than a fan of the sport).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Both Dalton and Dykstra took too many roids for sure. I loved Dykstra's hard-nosed style of play.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Joe wrote:
Both Dalton and Dykstra took too many roids for sure. I loved Dykstra's hard-nosed style of play.

i did too. He played hard for a lot of lousy phillie teams.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm going through my old baseball cards trying to figure out if I'm going to sell them (leaning towards no, too many memories of my collecting days) and I came accross one of the most memorable cards I collected featuring Dykstra (with former team mate Dale Murphy):

Lenny Dykstra Filezq

Last edited by DallasBlack on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 1:58 pm

Lenny Dykstra 739781 Pssst...That's Dale Murphy with Lenny, not Dutch.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Lenny Dykstra 739781 Pssst...That's Dale Murphy with Lenny, not Dutch.

I know, that's what it says!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Must be my malaria acting up again. drunken

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:29 pm

DB, I think I have that card too! I don't even know what section of the attic my cards are in, but I might have to dig it out one of these days.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:54 pm

Not surprised about Dykstra. I remember reading a profile on him in ESPN magazine a few years ago. This was before he'd really hit the skids, and even then he came across as brain damaged and unstable. He was still trying to live "big time" even though it was obvious he didn't have the resources to maintain his lifestyle.
This concussion thing with Justin Morneau- (he's started having symptoms again over a year after the fact- I think he might be done) make me wonder about guys like Dykstra and Daulton. Concussions, drugs, and steroids or some combination of the above really seemed to have taken their toll. I think somebody like Morneau might be wise to call it a day before he ends up like that, hopefully he's got enough money already. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Not surprised about Dykstra. I remember reading a profile on him in ESPN magazine a few years ago. This was before he'd really hit the skids, and even then he came across as brain damaged and unstable. He was still trying to live "big time" even though it was obvious he didn't have the resources to maintain his lifestyle.
This concussion thing with Justin Morneau- (he's started having symptoms again over a year after the fact- I think he might be done) make me wonder about guys like Dykstra and Daulton. Concussions, drugs, and steroids or some combination of the above really seemed to have taken their toll. I think somebody like Morneau might be wise to call it a day before he ends up like that, hopefully he's got enough money already. Very sad.

they do pay a price sometimes for the fame and money. it is sad.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:57 pm

That's nuts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
exact33
The King
exact33

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 am

I had almost forgotten Murphy played for the phils. That seems eons ago...

Sponsored content

Lenny Dykstra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lenny Dykstra   Lenny Dykstra Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lenny Dykstra
Page 1 of 1