Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Summer Olympics

Go down 
+8
TheGooch
DallasBlack
tohostudios
Troublezone
rattpoison
XYZ
scottmitchell74
spiritoradio
12 posters
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 pm

I've kind of caught Olympic fever as of late and I don't know why? Just kidding. Is anyone else watching? If so what are some of your favorite events?

I can't help but be a fan of Women's Beach Volleyball:
Summer Olympics Olympic

I don't know why? scratch

But I also like the events that don't get a lot of air time; The other morning they were televising Badminton and it was AWESOME! They also had Archery, Handball and Shooting. That stuff is pretty fun to watch. I did get tired of the Michael Phelps stuff though and I'm too old to watch the Gymnastics events and not feel like a creeper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:57 pm

I love Track and Field and watch it year round.

The archery was amazing to watch.

Can't help peeking at the beach volley ball at times myself, though I grow bored with it.

I like swimming....but the finals only. One millions heats gets old.

BIG fan of Weightlifting....which gets about zero airplay.

The gymnastics are good...those are some seriously awesome athletes despite the goofy costumes of the dudes and the creepiness factor of watching young women wearing so little. My wife and I wonder why....because the men wear pants and seem to get along fine. (I suspect ratings are involved...but don't really know)
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:10 pm

We're watching it 24/7 it seems like. Phelps will probably get more medals than 150 countries. Oh yeah, I'm a fan of women's volleyball as well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Weightlifting is awesome to watch like you said, but it's a shame that it isn't televised, but if you wanted to watch soccer(football),basketball or swimming, you have no problem finding that on one of the 8 channels that carry the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 pm

I'm watching the Track heats right now on live streaming!!!

http://www.dabahamianting.com/InternetStreams/
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:23 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I like swimming....but the finals only. One millions heats gets old.

Yeah me too...but your damn American Broadcasters made them have the Finals in the morning and the Heats at night so it would suit their time.

So i can't watch the finals because their during the late morning-early afternoon and i have to endure the heats at night.
angry

....Athletics starts today.....cant wait for the Mens 100M Sprint definately shaping up as a good one.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Watching the 100m heats right now!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 4:00 am

My girlfriend has me watching the Gymnastics and swimming events.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:55 am

Why they don't broadcast weightlifting:

http://withleather.uproxx.com/post.phtml?pk=6627

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 am

tohostudios wrote:
Why they don't broadcast weightlifting:

[url=http://withleather.uproxx.com/post.phtml?pk=6627
http://withleather.uproxx.com/post.phtml?pk=6627[/quote[/url]]

I heard the audio of that, I don't need to actually see it. It is actually kind of funny to hear the anouncers begging them to stop showing the footage at the many different angles.

Are the Chinese still cheating at every turn or are they starting to get in line?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 am

Ahh!!! Thanks Toho angry

I thought it was classy how the Chinese volunteers quickly created a shield so the poor dude didn't have to squirm there in front of everybody......or maybe his country was "putting him down"? Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 am

That video isn't as gross as the Sid Vicious injury in WCW years ago but it's still pretty nasty.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 7:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
That video isn't as gross as the Sid Vicious injury in WCW years ago but it's still pretty nasty.

I remember the Sid one, that was pretty brutal. sick
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:24 pm

i enjoy it all except the hockey. teo more golds for britain haha. pitty phelps has two more than that on his own
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Basketball! Its good to see the Redeem team smashing everyone!!

Alex

TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:21 pm

as long as uk wins i dont care lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:33 pm

exact33 wrote:

Alex

That game today was supposed to be a challenge.

Guess the US proved that to be a falacy.

I've been real impressed with the US team so far. I don't see any selfishness and everyone seems to be of a team mentality. I give the credit for that to Coach K. He's somehow been able to transition his Duke philosophy to these multi-millionaire pros. I also give credit to the players for their committment to Team USA.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:38 pm

I must be the only person who finds the Summer and Winter Olympics completely boring and unwatchable. I've never found anything interesting about them (except for the Miracle On Ice)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:41 pm

007 wrote:
I must be the only person who finds the Summer and Winter Olympics completely boring and unwatchable. I've never found anything interesting about them (except for the Miracle On Ice)

Nah, I too find most of both seasonal Olympics boring. The summer version at least has some sports I'm interested in like boxing and basketball.

But so far this year, the only Olympic events I've watched have been the US B-ball games. I'd love to watch some boxing too but it's been on at ungodly hours.

Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:52 pm

WOO Canada has one gold.. aha not very exciting I dont really care for the Olympics.

And Canada sucks at the olympics
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex

That game today was supposed to be a challenge.

Guess the US proved that to be a falacy.

I've been real impressed with the US team so far. I don't see any selfishness and everyone seems to be of a team mentality. I give the credit for that to Coach K. He's somehow been able to transition his Duke philosophy to these multi-millionaire pros. I also give credit to the players for their committment to Team USA.

At the moment...but wait till it gets to the pointy end of the competition.

Under pressure in tight finals the European teams will shut them out and slow the games down and not let them play there expansive athletic brand of basketball....well that's the plan.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Phelps is incredible and he made the Olympics fun to watch again
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:05 am

Bolt a 9.69 100m!!! He slowed down at the end and smashed the World Record! Amazing. Shocked
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:23 am

Count me in as one who doesn't care about the Olymics. Of course I find sports boring anyways so that it explains that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:19 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Bolt a 9.69 100m!!! He slowed down at the end and smashed the World Record! Amazing. Shocked

haha i consider myself a fast runner in the low 4.3's in the 40 when i was in high school, but that was amazing seeing him top out and just flat out destroy the field. He might of been in the 9.59 area hadnt he showboat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Olympics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Olympics   Summer Olympics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Olympics
Page 1 of 1