Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Russia to ban?

Go down 
+14
IHATEGENRES
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
QuothTheRaven
Vordul
kmorg
TheGooch
krokus
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
mc666
White_Mage
ThrashedOutCobra33
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:19 pm

''New laws planned to stop 'dangerous teen trends'

Jul 23, 2008

A new Russian law could make being an emo kid illegal in the eastern European country.

Legislation is currenting being formulated in Russia to heavily regulate emo websites and ban emo and goth dress style in schools and government buildings.

The new laws are apparently being driven by fears that these "dangerous teen trends" encourage depression and suicide.

The legislation was presented last month at a hearing held by the State Durma, where critics claimed that the "negative" emo culture encourages anti-social behaviour and glorifies suicide.

Emo kids were described as teenagers who wear black, have facial piercings and black hair with fringes that "cover half the face", reports The Guardian

The weekend saw mass protests by Russian emo kids. ''

I think this is good in a way but doesnt this go against human rights. But I'd go with it. Unless they tried to ban metal then there would be trouble
Back to top Go down

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:40 pm

This is dumb. Teenage kids are ALWAYS depressed and close to suicidal...what do you think draws them to "dark" stuff in the first place? Banning the clothes won't stop the feelings...for chrissakes let the kids express themselves, it's probably one of the few things that they are passionate about.

I used to get the same crap back the 80's for wearing blue jean jackets with Iron Maiden patches on them, black Motorhead t-shirts and pentagram earrings....
Back to top Go down

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:48 pm

I agree, this is dumb. A good 90% of emo kids aren't even really depressed or anything. And besides, suicide has been glorified for as long as I can remember.
If they want to pretend to be all sad, let em. You can't ban a lifestyle. (Well, you can, but people will still do it!)
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:56 pm

This is defenetly wrong in many ways but I find that "emo" kids tend to have a more superfical/fake type of depression as opposed to real depression which is a clinical metal illness these kids just think it makes them more interesting an deep to whine and b#tch about everything even though there lives are usaully not bad at all its always pissed me off when people claim to be depressed thinking you can choose to be depressed not knowing that its a mental illness

I do think that "nowdays emo" is promoting and glorfiying the ideas of suicide and depression which is absurd to me the anyone would force them sleves to be sad unless of course they may actully have depression then its not them its the way there brain works

Overrall this ban is somewhat laughable because never before have I heard about a scence that actully gets a goverment ban so maybe they really are "hardcore" after all
Back to top Go down

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:00 pm

I agree, Mage, but it just seems impossible to actually ban being emo. That's like banning being a nerd! It can't be done!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:04 pm

emo haircuts are dangerous. it's difficult to drive with hair covering that one eye.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:07 pm

Not to mention, you're bound to get your ass kicked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:28 pm

Ahhh, Russia. Always on top of the latest trends.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:52 am

Ridiculous considering this is a country whose president is a big fan of Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin.

Surely Black Sabbath threatened society's youth in the early 70's.....according to probably the same people who have come up with this.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:15 am

rattpoison wrote:
Ridiculous considering this is a country whose president is a big fan of Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin.

Surely Black Sabbath threatened society's youth in the early 70's.....according to probably the same people who have come up with this.

And YNGWIE MALMSTEEN too but like metalheads, PUTTIN hates Emo´s lol!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:44 am

ist dumb beciase it begs the question of if they do this where will they stop? oh lets ban punk because it promotes anarchy. lets ban metal cos it promotes drunkenesss bla bla bla. lets ban hip hop cos it promotes gang violence
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:48 am

emo's should be outlawed globally!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:51 am

krokus wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

And YNGWIE MALMSTEEN too but like metalheads, PUTTIN hates Emo´s lol!

I was talking about their president Dmitri Medvedev...but surprising to find their prime minister Putin likes Malmsteen.

But seriously Russia pummels Georgia and they black ban a teenage subculture.....some things never change i guess.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:41 am

they'll prob get the russian mob to be enforcers and get them to bully emo kids

poor lil rascals LOL
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:58 am

russia does seem to be going backwards. especially be sending fully armed nuclear bombers on unsanctioned flights into european airspace
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:24 am

[quote="ThrashedOutCobra33"]

"dangerous teen trends" encourage depression and suicide.

I think in recent years, Russia's economy has taken care of this without much help from "dangerous trends."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 10:52 am

That's the best idea I've heard all morning. Banning things always makes stuff better. Look how well it worked with alcohol in the past and currently with drugs. The world's never been finer. Now if they would just ban guns, the world would be perfect.

Excuse me while I adjust my rose-tinted glasses. They appear to make my cup seem half-empty while I know and believe in my heart that it's really half-full.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:03 am

I wish my lawn was emo. Then it would cut itself!

Bah-duh-dum

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Bah-duh-dum

Dude, that was sooooo funny. You should get that printed on a t-shirt. Oh, wait...
pwned!! Very Happy Russia to ban? Emo-lawn
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:08 am

Russia to ban? Emo
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:09 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Russia to ban? Emo

Isn't that Kelly Osbourne?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Bah-duh-dum

Dude, that was sooooo funny. You should get that printed on a t-shirt. Oh, wait...

I knew it was a shirt already. I was just to lazy to find the caption for it. lol!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:12 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Bah-duh-dum

I knew it was a shirt already. I was just to lazy to find the caption for it. lol!

I wouldn't have called you out on it, but when I was looking for that other EMO pic I posted, that one came up as well. Sorry bro, had to be done. Smile
Back to top Go down
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:15 am

Back to top Go down

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:27 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I agree, this is dumb. A good 90% of emo kids aren't even really depressed or anything. And besides, suicide has been glorified for as long as I can remember.
If they want to pretend to be all sad, let em. You can't ban a lifestyle. (Well, you can, but people will still do it!)

I still get the same smurf poo today in school lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Russia to ban? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russia to ban?   Russia to ban? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Russia to ban?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next