Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review of Alice Cooper - Live in Soenderborg, Denmark

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Review of Alice Cooper - Live in Soenderborg, Denmark Empty
PostSubject: Review of Alice Cooper - Live in Soenderborg, Denmark   Review of Alice Cooper - Live in Soenderborg, Denmark Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:42 am

Wednesday, July 16

I was very excited to see Alice Cooper for the first time - I loved him as a kid, and had heard so much about his shows. So, I took off about 2 1/2 hours before the gates opened (there was no seat ordering - it was just first come, best spots) - I waited outside, until the gates opened. To mz surprise, the stage area was this small amphitheater (or however zou spell it..), with room for less than 5000 people. I was right at the front, not even one meter away from the stage (I wish I had the pictures, but I am sitting in a net-cafe somewhere in Coatia right now..). After about 30 minutes or so, the warm-uppers, Royal Hunt, enter the stage with rapid pace - I had never heard of them, but thez were VERY good - They had this Power Metal base, with progressive and classical elements mixed in (along with a female opera singer) - Very entertaining band, and really got the crowd going.

After Royal Hunt left the scene, there were some technical problems, so it took a little longer to get readz for the grand Alice Cooper entrance, but we all waited with patience - And the it finally came.

When saw the huge shadow behind the curtains, with that signature Alice Cooper hat and staph, I was like a little kid again - Then suddenley, the curtains dropped, and the first thing I saw were quite small men in scarz masks, beating each other up, and holding latex Alice heads - Then from behind all the mayhem, Alice Cooper appeared - The little scary men disappeared, and the band blasted in to a stinkin heavy (and as creeeeeeepz as ever) version of "Is it my body?" - I was in awe of the band - As I stated in mz previous thread, the set-list was heavilz focused on the 70s material - And man did they perform killer versions of thos classics - After the intro, they blasted into "I'm Eighteen" - KILLER.

Even at 60+, Alice Cooper sounded as good as ever - Sometimes, he would mumble a bit, so the crowd was actually louder, but overall, a killer vocal job for the old champ. He played two songs from the "Dirty Diamonds" album, which to mz delite were two of my favourites (the title track and "Women of mass Distraction"). I was also surprised to see songs like "Cold Ethyl" played - Wonderful Surprise.

And of course, there were the classics like "Schools Out", "Billion Dollar Babies" and "Poison" played at the end of the show as well.

We of course also got the classic scenes of Alice Cooper hanging himself, and getting taken away by some crayz smurfette in "She's got a Gun".

Overall, a killer performance, and it indeed was a night to remember!

🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Review of Alice Cooper - Live in Soenderborg, Denmark Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Alice Cooper - Live in Soenderborg, Denmark   Review of Alice Cooper - Live in Soenderborg, Denmark Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Overall, a killer performance, and it indeed was a night to remember!

Always is with Alice. Glad you had such a good time. I would love to see him again, he is a true entertainer and showman
Back to top Go down

Review of Alice Cooper - Live in Soenderborg, Denmark
Page 1 of 1