Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bret Michaels owning Joe Elliott..

Go down 
+13
XYZ
7thSecond
James B.
spiritoradio
Tall Tyrion
Troublezone
HellRaiser
arttieTHE1manparty
DeathCult
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
rattpoison
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Bret Michaels owning Joe Elliott.. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels owning Joe Elliott..   Bret Michaels owning Joe Elliott.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:06 pm

I'm not sure how I've taken anything out of context...you clearly stated, "I love when fans know more than the bands". I merely pointed out that like every other person roaming this earth that those people who are in bands are as fallible as anyone else. Why should we believe everything Joe Elliott tells us? Because, he's Joe Elliott?? Because he's in Def Leppard? Is he that much smarter than the rest of us???

Here's a great analogy:

We have a President of the United States who is supposed to be clearly smarter than the vast majority of us, and yesterday while talking about the nation's energy issues; he stated that one way Americans can really save money (since we're paying so much at the pump), is by shutting off our air conditioning. Thanks George, how profound. If that wasn't enough, he stated "I'm not an economist, but I do believe we're growing".

So just like George Bush, I don't buy everything Joe Elliott feeds us. They're both SELF-SERVING individuals, who tell you what you want to hear. I guess I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand? Joe Elliott is a very bent individual in life. I wonder why he's so angry?

The Mick Mars statement by the way certainly applies. If you're willing to put so much stock in everything Joe spats out, why not Mick? You can't have it both ways...If we should believe what one band tells us, why not the other? Remember, WE should believe EVERYTHING these bands tell us, because we're just the fans. The kids thing is pretty funny, considering I'm older than you by at least 5 years. Funny enough, I have no idea what an EMO forum is, but you seem to.

The consistency that I'm speaking about had nothing to do with Def Leppard's music. I might not like what direction they've gone in, but they aren't the first band to have a drastic change in their musical direction, and they won't be the last. The consistency has to do with how Joe/Def Leppard cash in on a movement, benefit from it, and then state how they were never a part of it. Or simply stated...denying one's roots. I remember Joe mentioning how there were so many copycats of his band in the 80's. You mean those very same bands that Joe detests, and a movement that they were supposedly not a part of???

Why didn't Halford admit he was a homosexual until the 90's???

You're kidding me with this one??? I think coming out of the closet, is an issue that requires quite a bit of thought. Many homosexuals have killed themselves over the thought of anyone finding out about their lifestyle. He probably didn't come out until the 90's because a decade earlier Americans weren't ready to hear this. What would the repercussions have been for a band like Priest? Since people in Europe have always been a little more socially acceptable to alternative lifestyles, their careers in Europe might not have been too damaged, but I'm not so sure regarding their career in the states? Also, he wasn't with Priest at the time of his announcement, so it was as good a time as ever. Those are just my guesses.
Back to top Go down

Bret Michaels owning Joe Elliott.. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels owning Joe Elliott..   Bret Michaels owning Joe Elliott.. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:46 am

It's my thread and I'm closing it. Sorry.
Back to top Go down

Bret Michaels owning Joe Elliott..
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5