Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.

Go down 
+5
brontotex
ultmetal
Thrasher73
mc666
Metal Misfit
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Empty
PostSubject: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:59 am

Billboard is reporting DLR was set to sign a contract as soon as yesterday to do a 40-date tour with Van Halen this year.

Here's the link:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003537232

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Don't care?

Personally, I feel Van Halen have run their course creatively, just like Hagar said after doing the reunion tour. There's just too much baggage between with these guys. This tour is bound to go down in flames and bad blood. That said, if they came to my area and I had the money--- I'd still go see'em. Razz
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 4:17 am

i see this turning out much like the Belladonna/Anthrax deal. if it even lasts that long. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 5:31 am

I agree with you Metal Misfit. Van Halen has run its creative course long ago. I also feel like there are to many egos.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 7:53 am

yeah,its time to put this baby to bed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 8:19 am

Are you guys high? This is the greatest! Who cares about
creativity? It's a small tour, not Chinese Democracy. I have been
waiting to hear this for 20 years! I would pay $100 to see this
show, and I don't say that about hardly any show.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 10:02 am

I think Eddie needs to lose some of his self-inflated pride or this will implode.

It's not Van Halen without Micheal Anthony either.

brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 10:24 am

Quote :
It's not Van Halen without Micheal Anthony either
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 11:16 am

If it came close I would so be there....
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It's not Van Halen without Micheal Anthony either.

Unfortunately... it is. Sad

Anyway, when and why did Eddie become such a jerk? I'm not saying Roth is an angel, but Eddie's ego has become at least as big as DLR's and he's just gotten to be such a mean, petty, grumpy old man. I mean, really, Anthony can't be in the band? He verbally attacks Hagar and Anthony every chance he gets.

Whatever happened the happy smiling Eddie we once knew in the 80s? He just seems like a totally different guy than what he used to be and I just don't understand why.
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:17 pm

Shiney wrote:
If it came close I would so be there....

Shiney... if they come close, you and I are SO THERE!!!!🤘

Waylon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 4:12 pm

One thing that did impress me. Eddie Van Halen did a presentation at NAMM the clip is on Youtube. He broke out the old Kramers and plugged them into his 5150. What an amazing sound! His playing was superb, even though it was clear he was wasted out of his mind. I love the tone he has one songs like Unchained. I feel his entire playing has been lacking over the years. Have not been very impressed with any of the recent material. If it was just a tour doing old tunes that would be cool. It really is not a reunion without Michael Anthony. The guy is a great bass player with alot of charisma on stage. I do not think it would be a true reunion tour without him. I know they will sell out everywhere and the tour will do well though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:50 pm

It really is not a reunion without Michael Anthony

Yep, I agree. His background vocals were such a huge part of the VH sound. I liked both incarnations - Van Halen and Van Hagar. yes, I know the Van Extreme version - Gary is a GREAT singer, but was wrong for VH. If Michael was on the tour, I'd be there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 10:48 pm

Michael Anthony was a big part of the VH harmony sound, was he not?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 6:34 am

they have said they are not doing it now though as eddie went to rehab an aint same with no antony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.   Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally... The Roth has come BACK to Van Halen.
Page 1 of 1