Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graveyard- An Awesome New Band

Go down 
+2
rattpoison
White_Mage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Empty
PostSubject: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:04 pm

Hey check out these rockers from Sweden bringing back the sound of 60's rock in the vein of Cream,Blue Cheer,and Sabbath

http://teepeerecords.com/bands/graveyard/index.php

also check out some other artists on Tee Pee Records Roster they got some great doom,stoner,and retro rock/metal style bands
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:45 pm

Damn that is awesome. I would love to pick that one up! I imagine this is the kind of stuff playing in SAHBHealer's house. Smile
Just amazing!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 10:50 pm

There Myspace has some more tunes if you jonesing for more swede-rock but yeah after hearing that song on tee pee's site I bought that sucker off iTunes and didn't look back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:15 pm

This is a fantastic album, and thankfully it got a US release a few months back. So it should be easy to find. It really is a killer album. It's been on heavy rotation since I picked it up!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:18 pm

yeah thankfully Tee Pee records sells their albums on iTunes otherwise I wouldnt be able to get my hands on awesome releases like this
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:23 pm

White_Mage wrote:
yeah thankfully Tee Pee records sells their albums on iTunes otherwise I wouldnt be able to get my hands on awesome releases like this
Where do you live? Tee Pee has pretty good distro in the US.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 11:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
Where do you live? Tee Pee has pretty good distro in the US.

I live up in Canada North Of 60 so the only place to get good cd's from is a locally owned music store that has to special order there albums so it ends up costing bout twice as much as buying it offline so I often opt for the Internet to buy my albums. We do have another HMV type CD store but the owner is a dick whos accused me and my freinds of stealing so I boycott that place that and there selection is pretty crappy
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:41 am

Oh yeah, these guys are great. I don't get too excited by much current hard rock/metal but these guys are something else.

What's most impressive and what seperates them from their peers is they don't sound like Sabbath but more like those obscure early 70's underground heavy metal bands from the UK and US that escaped mass attention and have grown cult underground followings amongst the crazies (Sahb for example). Graveyard really sounds like May Blitz with a bit of Fuzzy Duck and Leaf Hound thrown in. Heavy Psychedelic but not Hard Progressive.

Look it's even packaged like that early 70's stuff....

Graveyard- An Awesome New Band 6054b34c82e9864f379f573270bd2428
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:19 am

Sounds like they are right up my alley - I'll give 'em a listen. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 1:26 am

Yeah, Trog. You should dig these guys!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:35 am

Cool band, i love the 70's retro thing! I'm into Blue Cheer, Sabbath, Pentagram etc...
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:53 am

I'm on it!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:58 am

Here's the myspace with a few more songs on it...

http://www.myspace.com/graveyardsongs

...Look at their top friends. May Blitz, Josefus, Leaf Hound and Bubble Puppy for god's sake. These guys really do worship at the stone pillars of the forgotten.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:00 pm

Those are pretty good references. May Blitz and the "Demain" project from the Bubble Puppy guys are two of the perpetual players around here. It's one thing to bash out fuzzy retro blues rock (which is fine with me), but these guys seem to have a deeper appreciation of some of the more subtle and unique acts of that time.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 10:19 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Those are pretty good references. May Blitz and the "Demain" project from the Bubble Puppy guys are two of the perpetual players around here. It's one thing to bash out fuzzy retro blues rock (which is fine with me), but these guys seem to have a deeper appreciation of some of the more subtle and unique acts of that time.

Yeah that's what impressed me so much and has really seperated them from their retro/stoner/roots metal peers. They really sound like the fringe stuff that existed around the big guys in the early 70's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 8:17 pm

I haven't had a chance to pick this one up yet but I've been curious for awhile. There's some interesting music coming out of the region these days (Witchcraft is another similar band).

There's as much early Jethro Tull influence as Sabbath in the mix, which makes it even more interesting to an "old dude" like myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Man, I spent like two hours network from band to band last night. 90% of the 70s rock bands are nothing to me; I don't know crap about that era, really. But I know I'd love it. Looking to build up my collection with some of that stuff. I imagine as I get older, rock is going to become the prominent style that I listen to. I can sort of see it slowly happening already.

Not saying I won't listen to metal; but I wonder how I'll view Bloodbath when I'm 60, you know? It might just be too much for me at that point. But the 70s stuff? No way.

Anyway, I added a ton of bands like Egg, Affinity, Delivery, etc. to the want lists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Graveyard is touring this fall with The Sword & Clutch! That will be a gig to catch!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:42 pm

detuned wrote:
Graveyard is touring this fall with The Sword & Clutch! That will be a gig to catch!
Oh, damn. That would be a great show!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:40 pm

bump for new album info...

Nuclear Blast Records has announced the signing of the Swedish occult rock outfit GRAVEYARD. The band's new album, "Hisingen Blues", is scheduled for a late March release.

Drawing influences from by all sorts of guitar-driven music, GRAVEYARD delivers it all — along with stunning imagery and a pure, authentic attitude.

Commented Nuclear Blast head of A&R Andy Siry: "We are honored to be working with GRAVEYARD from now on! These guys are the most unique and amazing band the so-called retro rock scene has to offer, although GRAVEYARD are MUCH more than this.

"Keep your caps peeled — GRAVEYARD is upon us. 2011 will be the year of the 'YARD!"

Added the band: "It feels great to work with such experienced and dedicated people as the Nuclear Blast crew. Awesome!! It's a label that's founded by old-school tape traders that obviously are good at what they do, since NB is one of the few big independent labels that manages not only to survive, but to expand in today's difficult music climate."

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/graveyardsongs.

PostSubject: Re: Graveyard- An Awesome New Band   Graveyard- An Awesome New Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graveyard- An Awesome New Band
Page 1 of 1