Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P - My Dad

Go down 
+27
bgast1
TrogDawn
Thrasher73
Troublezone
EvyMetal
SideShowDisaSter
SAHB Healer
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
DallasBlack
kmorg
Smindas
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
tohostudios
Stender
XYZ
mc666
Required Fields
Shiney
MoonChild
scottmitchell74
thejokeriv
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:57 pm

My dad died last Sunday - I probably won't be posting too much for the next week (and haven't been the past few days). He will be missed - I have copy and pasted his obituary to share about his life.

Leo J. Faneuf III
R.I.P - My Dad 183161857_1Leo J. Faneuf III, age 60, passed away June 30, 2008, in Joplin. Leo was born in New York City, on Jan. 18, 1948. His parents are Leo J. Faneuf Jr. and the former Rita Taguer who currently live in Spring Hill, Fla. Leo attended various schools around the country, graduating from the Jesuit High School McGill Institute in Mobile, Ala. He was accepted at the Naval Academy in 1965, and graduated in 1969, as an ensign in the US Navy. He received his masters degree from the Naval Post Graduate School in Monterey, Calif. He served on various ships during his Navy career including commanding officer of the tank landing ship USS Lamoure County (LST-1194). He was also the executive officer of the USS Peleliu (LHA-5) an amphibious assault ship. He served two tours in Vietnam, one as an adviser to the South Vietnamese Navy. Leo served the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon in Washington DC and his last assignment in the Navy, before retiring, was head of the Navy’s West Coast Training Command. Leo was highly decorated and retired from the Navy at the rank of commander. He has worked for Tamko in their training department since leaving the service. Leo was preceded in death by a daughter, Maeve Faneuf and is survived by a wife, Marlos, of Albuquerque, N.M. He is also survived by two sons, Leo J. Faneuf IV and Jonathan Faneuf, who live in the Washington DC area along with his three grandchildren, Zachary, Kendall and Chloe. Leo is also survived by his three brothers, Andrew Faneuf, of Pekin, Ill., Michael Faneuf, of Waynesboro, Penn., and David Faneuf, of Joplin, Mo.; and two sisters, Barbara Murgio, of Franklin Lakes, N.J., and Mary Harris, of Fort Mill, S.C. According to his wishes Leo will be cremated and his ashes scattered in the Pacific Ocean he dearly loved. A memorial service will be scheduled in Spring Hill in the near future. A memorial visitation is scheduled at the Thornhill-Dillon Mortuary Wednesday evening from 6 until 8 p.m.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:58 pm

So sorry to hear about that Jokeriv. Prayers go up for you and yours.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:29 pm

Really sorry to hear about your loss. Do take care and take all the time out you may need! Our love and prayers are always with you at this time of grievance.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:39 pm

Ditto the above sentiments....

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:40 pm

Sorry, bro. Keep your head up!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:46 pm

My condolences.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 5:16 pm

i lost my father a few years ago to cancer. i wish you the best.

XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:37 pm

May he rest in peace. I am grateful for his military service. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:30 pm

Sorry to hear this, I'll be praying for you.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:44 pm

I too am sorry for your loss.

My father is approaching 80 and I know I'll be facing this difficult situation too.

Prayers for you bro.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Man, this has been a bad couple weeks.

Randy's wife died this past week. My uncle died the week before. Shhhhhhesh!!! Mad

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:57 pm

Sorry to hear of this Joker. My condolences.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:02 pm

I will pray for you and your family. Please take care and know that we are all here for you. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:04 pm

Sorry for your loss, bro. My dad died last October, so I can sympathise. Sad
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:42 pm

Sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your fmaily.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 4:30 am

Sorry to hear that man. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:24 am

Sorry to hear that mate, my deepest condolences. May he rest in peace.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:31 am

My condolences, man.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:35 am

I'd like to give my condolences as well. It was hard enough loosing my best friend, I have no idea what it must be like to lose a father. You and your family are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 5:19 pm

Sorry to hear about that. My condolences to you and your family.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:32 pm

Thoughts and prayers to you and yours, man! I lost my dad 20 years ago to heart-related stuff. Know what it's like.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:45 pm

Thanks for all the kind words and prayers. My Dad will be missed.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:31 pm

My thoughts are with you. I lost my Dad just over a year ago.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 6:17 am

Sorry to hear. Hope everything goes well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P - My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P - My Dad   R.I.P - My Dad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P - My Dad
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: