Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists

Go down 
+6
Required Fields
7thSecond
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Metal Misfit
skullsmasher
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists   Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:10 pm

When I saw Megadeth, they didn't play anything from Youthanasia!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists   Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:13 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Maiden largely ignores Somewhere in Time even though their current tour is loosely named after it and it's their best album.

You think the same way I do. Apart from Heaven Can Wait that album is largely ignored. You can also count Killers. Apart from Wrathchild they don't do anything from it. It is one of my favorite Maiden albums and has some great songs on it but they won't play it. I understand that Steve Harris doesn't like that album too much (so does DiAnno-he hates that one) the only member/former member of Maiden that seems to like Killers is Bruce (though he believes it would be 100% better with him on vocals).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists   Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:10 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
Maiden largely ignores Somewhere in Time even though their current tour is loosely named after it and it's their best album.

You think the same way I do. Apart from Heaven Can Wait that album is largely ignored. You can also count Killers. Apart from Wrathchild they don't do anything from it. It is one of my favorite Maiden albums and has some great songs on it but they won't play it. I understand that Steve Harris doesn't like that album too much (so does DiAnno-he hates that one) the only member/former member of Maiden that seems to like Killers is Bruce (though he believes it would be 100% better with him on vocals).

Why would they hate such an amazing album?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists   Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 8:09 am

i love that album a lot my favourite maiden release
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists   Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:50 pm

Motorhead ignores ROCK AND ROLL quite a bit. Happens to be one of my favorites though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists   Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 8:05 am

DeathCult wrote:
Motorhead ignores ROCK AND ROLL quite a bit. Happens to be one of my favorites though.

They never seem to be able to squeeze in material from every album. Then again, with so many albums, how could they? They've done a pretty good job balancing material throughout their live album. I particularly liked their most recent (Better Motorhead Than Dead), which featured not only then-new material from Inferno but a couple tunes from APD, and such rarities as Love Me Like A Reptile, Dr Rock (now a rarity), Over The Top, RAMONES, and Just Cos' You Got The Power. Still, I'd like to hear some March Or Die material sometime. Also, there are so many awesome cuts from the late-era that have been left behind: Love Can't Buy You Money; Keys To The Kingdom; Them Not Me; Shake The World; Night Side; Desperate For You; See Me Burning; Red Raw; Death Or Glory; I'm The Man; Liar; Devils; Better Off Dead; the list goes on and on.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists   Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 3:53 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i love that album a lot my favourite maiden release

My favorite is Powerslave, but Killers is definitely one of their best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists   Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Albums that are, but shouldn't be, ignored in live setlists
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2