Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The best album of 1986

Go down 
+21
skullsmasher
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
Leatherface
akeldama
thejokeriv
James B.
spiritoradio
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Trial by Fire
Rex
Invader
XYZ
DeathCult
mc666
Thrasher73
rattpoison
MoonChild
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:15 am

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus or Megadeth - Peace Sells
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:12 pm

SIT and Peace Sells in a tie.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:32 pm

dang, how do you guys remember what year all these albums came out.

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:33 pm

Wikipedia is my friend. I don't have to remember nuthin' anymore.
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Master of Puppets for me with honorable mentions to: Reign in Blood, Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?, Somewhere in Time, and Doomsday for the Deceiver.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:11 pm

Rexorcist wrote:

Laughing

I'm with you dude. I have no memory as to when certain albums were released. I have a handful that come to mind, but that's mostly because I can relate it to an event in my life that coincides with it. Other than that, I can't keep track.

Looking over these lists however, I will say that '86 was a pretty impressive year.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:16 pm

Rexorcist wrote:

Laughing

Because I'm a dork whose mind is filled with useless knowledge, at the expense of other more important stuff that would most likely allow me to better myself. It's quite sad, really, but I've learned to live with it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:18 pm

Fred has a heck of a memory, like when he pulls out that "I remember reading an article on Robert Sweet back in Hit Parader October, 1987 in which he stated that he has a hairy back" stuff. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fred has a heck of a memory, like when he pulls out that "I remember reading an article on Robert Sweet back in Hit Parader October, 1987 in which he stated that he has a hairy back" stuff. Smile

Well, that's what you get when you have no girlfriend as a teenager, therefore you have nothing better to do with your time but amass a large collection of heavy metal magazines and then read and re-read them over and over again.

Seriously, if you ask me important stuff like "What day is your Mom's birthday?" I go completely blank.

However, the knowledge that Matt Hurich, formerly of Leatherwolf, briefly replaced Tim Gaines in Stryper for a couple of weeks back in 1986 before they welcomed Gaines back into the fold is engraved into my memory forever. It's sickening how much real estate that crap like this takes up in my brain.

I need HELP bruthas and sistas!! I'm a complete Metal Dork!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 2:45 pm

86 was one of the best years for metal! So picking one is very hard.

Slayer - Reign In Blood
Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time
AC/DC - Who Made Who
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Helstar - Remnants of War
Iron Angel - Winds of War
King Diamond - Fatal Portrait
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Racer X - Street Lethal
Possessed - Beyond the Gates
Nuclear Assault - Game Over
Omen - The Curse
Loudness - Lightning Strikes
Exumer - Possessed By Fire
Deathrow - Riders of Doom
Venom - Eine Kleine Nachtmusic
Sodom - Obsessed By Cruelty
Tankard - Zombie Attack
WASP - Inside the Electric Circus
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 3:06 pm

Van Halen - 5150
Alice Cooper - Constrictor
Blue Oyster Cult - Club Ninja
David Lee Roth - Eat 'em and Smile
Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill
Guns N' Roses - Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide
Tesla - Mechanical Resonance
Poison - Look What the Cat Dragged In
Cinderella - Night Songs
Samhain - November Coming Fire
Run DMC - Raising Hell
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Europe - The Final Countdown
Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
Boston - Third Stage
Fastway - Trick or Treat
AC/DC - Who Made Who
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Quote :
easy thing...i won't put some demos no matter that some of them are the best..some i recall are...

emerald-armed for battle

An excelent album by the way, although it was released in 87'
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:43 pm

Metallica - MoP
Iron Maiden - SiT
Stryper - THWTD
Megadeth - PS...BWB?
Ozzy - The Ultimate Sin (I know he was his comercial "pop" metal album, but I sitll love it!)
Queensryche - Rage For Order
Poison - Look what the cat draged in - just kidding, I never picked it up in 86 because I thought they were lame - my group of friends made fun of poison!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:04 pm

Lots of great albums that year.

Peace sells
MOP
The ultimate sin
Reign in blood
Vinnie vincent invasion
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:30 pm

Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?
5150 (not metal)
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Master of Puppets for me. Flotsam and Jetsam's debut came out that year as well and that record is killer. Also, Hallows Eve's Death and Insanity deserves a mention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 12:16 am

spectrefate wrote:
Wikipedia is my friend. I don't have to remember nuthin' anymore.

Wikipedia certainly comes in handy for these type of things.

Metallica-Master Of Puppets
Fates Warning-Awaken The Guardian
Iron Maiden-Somehwere In Time
Flotsam & Jetsam-Doomsday For The Deceiver
Savatage-Fight For The Rock (no, not really-but I do like it)
Megadeth-Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Queensryche-Rage For Order
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 2:45 am

Well, going by what I was listening to then, I'd have to say "Rage for Order". But now I'd go with "Awaken the Guardian".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:10 am

James B. wrote:
Quote :
easy thing...i won't put some demos no matter that some of them are the best..some i recall are...

emerald-armed for battle

nah, it may be got in stores in the beginning of 87 but actually is 86 release, same also is written in the green lable of the vinyl...same case like warning's- watching from distance, it maybe unleased in 2007 but it's actually a 2006 release(at least i paid in 2006,hehehe)...although the die hard dlp version which i have came in 2008....

also not only an excellent album of 86 but easily in my all time top10....so far i only tattooed the logo in my arm...soon i'll make the sword in the emerald piece also.....because " we're done looking to the stars, our eyes are fixed upon the cross".....
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:37 am

86 was a good year for rock and metal bands, I spent a good bit of that year in Phoenix AZ and had the chance to see many of these above mentioned bands play live. Metallica with Cliff, Ozzy, Omen, Megadeth, Poison (their album release party, more chicks in one place than I have ever seen before) Rush, Flotsam & Jetsam many times, Saxon, Icon, and Armored Saint. That was a great year. Oh yeah, KISS and WASP
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 pm

syrus wrote:
James B. wrote:
Quote :

emerald-armed for battle

nah, it may be got in stores in the beginning of 87 but actually is 86 release, same also is written in the green lable of the vinyl...same case like warning's- watching from distance, it maybe unleased in 2007 but it's actually a 2006 release(at least i paid in 2006,hehehe)...although the die hard dlp version which i have came in 2008....

also not only an excellent album of 86 but easily in my all time top10....so far i only tattooed the logo in my arm...soon i'll make the sword in the emerald piece also.....because " we're done looking to the stars, our eyes are fixed upon the cross".....

Did you get your copy in 86' ? The vinyl was pressed in 86' but not released till March of 87'. I don't remember Dave or Larry giving out copies cause the company doing the sleeve and jacket didn't complete the job as planned. Thus the 87 release and not 86'.

Yeah it is a great lp... battle" I also have some demos of other Emerald songs done before and after the lp. As well as demos of Emerald songs recorded by Seventh Sign, Dave's band after Emerald broke up.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:21 pm

The best album of 1986 - Page 2 F95572m6var

Vinnie Vincent Invasion
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:52 am

James B. wrote:
syrus wrote:
James B. wrote:
Quote :

emerald-armed for battle

Did you get your copy in 86' ? The vinyl was pressed in 86' but not released till March of 87'. I don't remember Dave or Larry giving out copies cause the company doing the sleeve and jacket didn't complete the job as planned. Thus the 87 release and not 86'.

Yeah it is a great lp... battle" I also have some demos of other Emerald songs done before and after the lp. As well as demos of Emerald songs recorded by Seventh Sign, Dave's band after Emerald broke up.

i have also one emerald demo before the lp and the tracks from seventh sign(i don't like them,hehehe). but i'd love to hear the demos after the lp(as a matter of fact i brought kylie in touch with a lable run by 2 bros of mine but still i don't know what's going on)... well i bought my first emerald copy in early 90's. then some years later i received a free signed and sealed copy for my wall,hehehe.....are you for a trade for some emerald demos?
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 6:57 am

Hmmm...lot's of great albums released in that year.My pick would have to be Slayer with "Reign In Blood". Notable mentions include Metallica, Omen, Exumer, Kreator, Onslaught, Iron Angel.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:44 am

Syrus said....

Quote :
i have also one emerald demo before the lp and the tracks from seventh sign(i don't like them,hehehe). but i'd love to hear the demos after the lp(as a matter of fact i brought kylie in touch with a lable run by 2 bros of mine but still i don't know what's going on)... well i bought my first emerald copy in early 90's. then some years later i received a free signed and sealed copy for my wall,hehehe.....are you for a trade for some emerald demos?

have a live recording from a band practice with some songs on it written after the lp. The tape has seen better days and even though I have it in my possession, the content doesn't belong to me. Thus it isn't my call to say it okay to give out or trade.
What songs are on the Seventh Sign tape...They have one that is Emerald songs and a few originals and two demos of originals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best album of 1986   The best album of 1986 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best album of 1986
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next