Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute

Go down 
+12
the sentinel
UltraMagnus007
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
ThrashedOutCobra33
Tall Tyrion
MetalRob331
MetalH
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Rex
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Empty
PostSubject: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:01 am

I've never even heard of most of these bands. I can only assume, this will be bad for the most part.

BLACK TIDE - Prowler
METALLICA - Remember Tomorrow
AVENGED SEVENFOLD - Flash Of The Blade
GLAMOUR OF THE KILL - 2 Minutes To Midnight
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - The Trooper
DEVILDRIVER - Wasted Years
SIGN - Run To The Hills
DREAM THEATER - To Tame A Land
MADINA LAKE - Caught Somewhere In Time
GALLOWS - Wrathchild
FIGHTSTAR - Fear Of The Dark
MACHINE HEAD - Hallowed Be Thy Name
TRIVIUM - Iron Maiden
YEAR LONG DISASTER - Running Free
GHOSTLINES - Brave New World
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:15 am

If it's KERRANG sponsored, then odds are that yea, it's gonna be pretty bad.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:19 am

Eh, I dunno. I'd be interested in hearing this. There's at least 4 or 5 bands listed that I might give a rat's a$$ about. I like those odds. It's not for sale, right? It's a freebie with the purchase of the magazine if I read correctly.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:40 am

Quote :

I have a hard time thinking this cover version will be any good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:45 am

At least they are paying tribute to a good band...and at least the bands on that list are fans of IRON MAIDEN...and at least maybe some fans of those bands will get to hear an IRON MAIDEN song and maybe become an IRON MAIDEN fan as a result...

How about instead of "Man, I bet that will suck..." we say "Hell yeah, they're paying tribute to IRON MAIDEN...BOW BEFORE MAIDEN!!"
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Quote :

I don't know why I'd even bother convincing you otherwise, but here's the live version that's not too shabby. I've certainly heard worse...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5MLY1mzNuE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Quote :

I don't know why I'd even bother convincing you otherwise, but here's the live version that's not too shabby. I've certainly heard worse...

Never try to convince ToB of anything...ever.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:52 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
At least they are paying tribute to a good band...and at least the bands on that list are fans of IRON MAIDEN...and at least maybe some fans of those bands will get to hear an IRON MAIDEN song and maybe become an IRON MAIDEN fan as a result...

How about instead of "Man, I bet that will suck..." we say "Hell yeah, they're paying tribute to IRON MAIDEN...BOW BEFORE MAIDEN!!"

It's more fun to be negative. Take your positive outlook and optimisim elsewhere, sir. sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:54 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

It's more fun to be negative. Take your positive outlook and optimisim elsewhere, sir. sunny

OPTIMISM ISN'T METAL!!! angry
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 am

Quote :
BLACK TIDE - Prowler
METALLICA - Remember Tomorrow
AVENGED SEVENFOLD - Flash Of The Blade
COHEED AND CAMBRIA - The Trooper
DEVILDRIVER - Wasted Years
DREAM THEATER - To Tame A Land
GALLOWS - Wrathchild
TRIVIUM - Iron Maiden

These ones should be pretty good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:06 pm

I'm particularly interested in hearing the Metallic and Coheed songs and maybe the Trivium song if he sings like he did on the last album and not the screamy stuff that he used to do.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:19 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I'm particularly interested in hearing the Metallic and Coheed songs and maybe the Trivium song if he sings like he did on the last album and not the screamy stuff that he used to do.

Maiden is an everyday band for the Coheed guys. When they go on tour every set they play The Trooper and it is a great cover. Sounds great live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Quote :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5MLY1mzNuE
Yeah, I saw that. Seems pretty awesome. Of course, if you don't like Machine Head there's probably no point in giving it a try.

By the way, the Kerrang! Master of Puppets tribute CD was pretty good. Anyone know when this comes out? I gotta have my UK friend, or Locky, snag me a copy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:37 pm

Quote :
Anyone know when this comes out? I gotta have my UK friend, or Locky, snag me a copy.

I believe it goes on sale July 16th, but I could be mistaken. And you can probably pick it up at your local Barnes & Noble. They have a pretty extensive magazine selection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Anyone know when this comes out? I gotta have my UK friend, or Locky, snag me a copy.
I believe it goes on sale July 16th, but I could be mistaken. And you can probably pick it up at your local Barnes & Noble. They have a pretty extensive magazine selection.
Newbury Comics carries Kerrang!, but it's always outdated by a month or so. I don't think, however, that we get the copies with CDs and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:40 pm

...or someone will upload it somewhere. The mag is giving it away free, so the CD is technically free. If your panties are still stickin' to your balls, go buy the mag without the disc and then download it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm

spectrefate wrote:
...or someone will upload it somewhere. The mag is giving it away free, so the CD is technically free. If your panties are still stickin' to your balls, go buy the mag without the disc and then download it. Smile
A download is like a vagina without an opening—totally pointless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Agreed...most of the time, but in this case you're not supporting any band by buying the mag with the CD. If anything, you are supporting the magazine that you wouldn't normally buy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:31 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Agreed...most of the time, but in this case you're not supporting any band by buying the mag with the CD. If anything, you are supporting the magazine that you wouldn't normally buy.
Well, I bought Kerrang! weekly when I live in England. =)
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 1:35 pm

You guys paint such pretty pictures with your words. Cool

I'd be interested in hearing quite a bit of those versions, actually.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 4:13 pm

im interested in hearing Devildriver's cover of Wasted Years
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 9:24 pm

You guys ever heard Damone's cover of "Wasted Years?"

Frickin' awesome! I don't care what you turds say!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:30 pm

Well, I'm not surprised that Metallica chose "Remember Tomorrow". Jason used to play it as part of his bass solo in the mid 90's, and the band would join in. I wish they would've picked "Prowler" instead, which they were known to play a handful of times on the "Justice" tour.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:57 am

The Gallows cover of Wrathchild should be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It comes out in mid July, I'll nab you a copy of you realy want one.

weren't Fightstar, Busted before ?? or some of them were in Busted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute   KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KERRANG! Iron Maiden tribute
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next