Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lich King

Go down 
+9
CRIMSONMASK
Eyesore
chucksteak
jstate
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
Stender
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:24 pm

I planning on buying Necromantic Maelstrom when Stormspell gets back from Europe but what do you guys think of this one?

The jokes and humor kind of turned me off at first, but these guys can actually play bay area style so I'm impressed so far.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:28 pm

I've tossed around the idea of getting this one quite a bit. They aren't bad, but a little rough around the edges for me. If you like it, get it. I'm saving up for a Stormspell purchase myself. I figure he's digging up some gems in Europe right now!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:12 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I've tossed around the idea of getting this one quite a bit. They aren't bad, but a little rough around the edges for me. If you like it, get it. I'm saving up for a Stormspell purchase myself. I figure he's digging up some gems in Europe right now!

I picked it up from StormSpell based on some samples I heard, but overall it's not doing a whole lot for me. Maybe I need to give it a little more time, but like you said, it's pretty rough around the edges, especially in the vocals. Not bad, just not blowing my skirt up like I thought it would.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 11:39 am

It's a solo project, right?

The vocals are great. I think he should be the new singer in EXODUS. He has a similar style, like a better-sounding version of Baloff.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

I picked it up from StormSpell based on some samples I heard, but overall it's not doing a whole lot for me. Maybe I need to give it a little more time, but like you said, it's pretty rough around the edges, especially in the vocals. Not bad, just not blowing my skirt up like I thought it would.

huh, I kind of like the vocals. Anyway, if it dosnt grow on you after a while, maybe we could deal or something.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:16 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
It's a solo project, right?

The vocals are great. I think he should be the new singer in EXODUS. He has a similar style, like a better-sounding version of Baloff.

Didnt know it was a solo project. He would fit in Exodus.
Back to top Go down

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Yea it's ok, the vocals get to me at times but musically it's well executed. You should pick it up if you get the chance
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 9:16 pm

So just wondering if anybody wants to rid themselves of this one before I go and buy it elsewhere online. If you think you would like to sell to me just let me know...hmm Metalguy?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:46 pm

Stender wrote:
So just wondering if anybody wants to rid themselves of this one before I go and buy it elsewhere online. If you think you would like to sell to me just let me know...hmm Metalguy?

I'll have to give it another spin this week and see if anything grabs me. If StormSpell still has it in stock, I think I only paid like $10 bucks for it if you decide to buy it on-line.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:41 am

I will hold off on ordering from stormspell until you get done making a decision, just let me know sometime.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 pm

I ended up getting it from Stormspell and man...Lich king rules. Its a weird vibe sometimes serious, sometimes humorous makes things a little disjointed...but its bay area thrash!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 12:39 pm

Stender wrote:
I will hold off on ordering from stormspell until you get done making a decision, just let me know sometime.

Whoops, sorry about that. Must've slipped my mind. I'm getting old, you know. Lich King 337331
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Stender wrote:

Whoops, sorry about that. Must've slipped my mind. I'm getting old, you know. Lich King 337331

Its all good yo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:25 am

Received a copy of Toxik Zombie Onslaught in the mail. Good stuff. Straight forward thrash metal. I agree with Temple of Blood, the vocalist sounds a bit like Baloff and would have been a great fit for Exodus.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:05 am

ultmetal wrote:
Received a copy of Toxik Zombie Onslaught in the mail. Good stuff. Straight forward thrash metal. I agree with Temple of Blood, the vocalist sounds a bit like Baloff and would have been a great fit for Exodus.

They've covered Exodus' "A Lesson in Violence" on their 1st cd. These guys have sorta grown on me. I've put them on my mp3 player, so they get some more play. Don't know if I'll be picking up this new one though. Too many other cd's before I'd drop coin on this one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:55 pm

As soon as I heard the opening "Cheesy Metal Intro" on Toxik Zombie Onslaught I knew I would love this record. "...for the Lich King is fierce and he is wicked awesome"

It's just a lot of fun. Great for doing cardio too. I need to get Necromantic on my next stormspell order.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 8:33 pm

I need to get the new album...I really liked Necromantic maelstrom.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Horrible band. I can't believe anyone thought this was good. ANd they claim to be the greatest thrash band with the greatest thrash album ever? Serioulsy at least be able to play before making such statements.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:52 pm

chucksteak wrote:
Horrible band. I can't believe anyone thought this was good. ANd they claim to be the greatest thrash band with the greatest thrash album ever? Serioulsy at least be able to play before making such statements.

I'm pretty sure Lich king was joking around when they made those remarks, but I can see how somebody wouldnt like them. The first album took a couple trys before I liked it. They seemed to me that they were making fun of the thrash scene at first, but I think their deal is that they are just goofy and want to have fun with the music.
Back to top Go down
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:39 pm

I can understand the humor I guess but I what I heard on the myspace(which I admit was quite a while ago) was just horrendus. I love thrash metal and love it the old school way when you could tell it was played by humans and notice changes in tempo and mistakes unlike 99% of the digital robotic bands of today but man I thought it was just plain awful. I'll have to listen to them again because I do remember it being exactly what I love but just sounded like it was done by drunken 8 year olds or something.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 8:49 pm

I didn't think the music was bad. This is a one man band, correct?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Can someone resurrect this thread?

I missed out on all the previous albums, which sold out before I pulled the trigger. I got the new one, though, and it's AWESOME! I've been spinning it for a few weeks now and it's effin killer.

From what I've read about previous albums, including comments in this thread, it seems that the band has matured quite a bit on this album.

Gotta appreciate a band who does a tribute to Axe Cop. Haha. And if you like irony, download this free song:

http://lichkingmetal.bandcamp.com/track/crossover-songs-are-too-damn-short
Back to top Go down
CRIMSONMASK
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
CRIMSONMASK

Number of posts : 349

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Born of the Bomb is a great CD! I bought off the band's FB page. It came with a note, from the desk of the Lich King, saying that if the CD was damaged he(the Lich King himself) will either fix the problem or hit me with a fireball. Gotta love customer service like that. lol!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:56 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:
Born of the Bomb is a great CD! I bought off the band's FB page. It came with a note, from the desk of the Lich King, saying that if the CD was damaged he(the Lich King himself) will either fix the problem or hit me with a fireball. Gotta love customer service like that. lol!
Seriously? That is awesome! Haha.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 1:20 pm

CRIMSONMASK wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lich King Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lich King   Lich King Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lich King
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next