Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks

Go down 
+10
Smindas
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
A Handful of Wayne
XYZ
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
Cliffy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks   In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:14 am

so now we have tracks, cover art, and a backing band. but no CD?
seems backwards to me
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks   In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:15 am

4 songs in and I think it's the best thing Axl Rose has ever done...'Message For You' and 'If The War' are awesome!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks   In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Just gave it a listen, I really like it. Not worth waiting 12 years or whatever for it, but I doubt any CD would be. It's interesting to hear that well-known tracks like IRS and what not have been changed a bit since the previous demos.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks   In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
4 songs in and I think it's the best thing Axl Rose has ever done...'Message For You' and 'If The War' are awesome!

I don't care for "If The War" but "Message For You" is another great track. This album will never get a fair shot from many fans and critics, but judging by the leaks, Chinese Democracy is a great album.

"Chinese Democracy", "The Blues", "Better", "Message for You", "Madagascar", and "There Was A Time" are amazing tunes. Epic stuff. Sure it's not sleazy or full of attitude and venom, but good music is good music and Axl is making it. I really loved "Oh My God", but I hope since it was already released as a single from End of Days soundtrack 9 years ago that they won't even bother putting it on the album.

I just hope there's going to be some surprises as far as tracks go because I feel like I already own the album because it's been getting leaked since 2000 and I've played the heck out of the songs. I was reading in Rolling Stone a quote from Sebastian Bach where he said Axl has 3 more albums lined up afterthis one, here's hoping they get cranked out pretty quick.

Supposedly, at this point, the wait is all on the label/GNR management who are figuring out the best way to release it. I guess they're looking into the details of selling it online, marketing, etc. Whatever happened to just putting it out on a good ol' compact disc? Laughing
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks   In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Is this Prince?

Prince has really gotten good in his days for R&B, and adding in a little rock! I am most impressed, but where is the GNR stuff?
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks   In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 12:48 am

I have at least one, if not two, versions of all these songs except "Message..." and "...War". They sound pretty good, really, but they are NOT what people are likely expecting with the GnR name on them.

That is a different album cover than the one that "leaked" with the earlier set of demos.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks   In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Just a quick note for people who care about this stuff:

If The War (End Today) apparently is actually entitled "If The World"...that came to light based on a viewing of a recent GNR set list.

Also...Rhiad And The Bedouins should actually be "Riyadh And The Bedouins"

I'm not gonna change that info and reupload...here it is should you wish to change it in your iPods as I've done.

later...Cliffy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks   In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In regards to brand new 9 song GNR Chinese Democracy leaks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2