Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how about some comments on my friend's band

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

how about some comments on my friend's band Empty
PostSubject: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:04 pm

I'm not planning on showing them this, I hardly see them anymore, but I've known these guys a long time, so fire away. I personally can't stand the vocals, but they're a great live band.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=34377824
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:22 pm

The vocals remind me of Pantera.The musics not bad though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:23 pm

Take it away was a cool tune the other 2 were avg. Like you said the vocals are a weak point.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:24 pm

Well you are definitely right, the vocals are not good. Metalcore vocals are not my thing. Music seems ok so far though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 1:26 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
He has that Phil tone but is kind of whiney. Phil when with Pantera was one of the best metal singers imo. This guy seems to try too hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Vocals are horrendous. But I hated them immediately. The abbadon font is the worst font ever created, and it makes me want to kill people. Blah! And they named their band Kultus. That deserves a kick in the nuts.

I keed! I keed! The music was decent, but the vocals really dig kill it. He's got that Matt Heafy scream, where it sounds like it's all coming from his throat.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 7:48 pm

It's great, until he opens his mouth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:09 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

I agree. Sounds like a very, very bad Phil Anselmo. Music's good, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:42 am

The lead guitar player was a very good friend of mine for a long time, and I remember him being 16 and thinking how good he was. It was cool 2 years ago seeing him live. He's great. The thing is, he doesn't even listen to metalcore, so I have no idea why they have the singer they have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how about some comments on my friend's band   how about some comments on my friend's band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how about some comments on my friend's band
Page 1 of 1