Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where have you had your best slice?

Go down 
+13
EvyMetal
Mattallica667
mc666
XYZ
Troublezone
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
Stender
tohostudios
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:17 pm

I agree, Papa John's in my favorite chain Pizza. In college the nearest one would sell large Pizzas to use for $5. I gained me and ol' "Sophomore 10" to add to my Freshman 25.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I also dig Papa John's. Thin crust, with that garlic butter sauce. Holy crap is that good!

Yeah they are the best pizza chain, IMO. Everything is good there. Even the floppy penis pie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:59 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I agree, Papa John's in my favorite chain Pizza. In college the nearest one would sell large Pizzas to use for $5. I gained me and ol' "Sophomore 10" to add to my Freshman 25.
We have a few Papa John's places around here now. Not many, but I'm hoping the mate and produce babies closer to work and home. I stopped at a grocery store one day on the way to work, and there's a Papa John's right across the street. When I came out, there was a flyer on my windshielf offering $5 take-out only cheese pizzas! Awesome! Only that it's like 30 minutes away from work. Boooooo!

If it had been a Wednesday night, when there's four of us working at night, I would have definitely made the trip out there. $5 pizza? Hells yeah!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:02 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I also dig Papa John's. Thin crust, with that garlic butter sauce. Holy crap is that good!

Yeah they are the best pizza chain, IMO. Everything is good there. Even the floppy penis pie.

Yep. If I'm ordering from a chain, it's Papa Johns

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:33 pm

I work in a Chicago-style pizzeria, Numero Uno Pizza. The pizza here is the best, a lot of oil though. We usually put the toppings underneath the cheese, but apparently not in this picture.

Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 23226711
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:50 pm

Quote :
Yeah they are the best pizza chain, IMO. Everything is good there.

Count me in on this. I like most pizza places but something about PJ's that makes it better than the rest.

Quote :
Worst pizza I've ever had was still good!!

I will have to disagree on that point. I had a pizza at this dinner and movie place (Studio Movie Grill) and it was nasty, before then I had never had a pizza I didn't like-even the school cafeteria ones! The only other time I had a pizza that was just as horrible was those Pizza Hut Pizza Mia's, those things suck. Even my dad hated them and he is nowhere near as picky an eater as I am.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:34 am

Some of the worst pizza I had (aside from chain-stores, ie Domino's, Pizza Hut) is on the boardwalk of the Jersey shore. You'd think with so much competition from the other 99 pizza shops along there, they'd try and step it up. Wrong. Paper-thin, greasy slop.

I'll still eat it though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:11 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Some of the worst pizza I had (aside from chain-stores, ie Domino's, Pizza Hut) is on the boardwalk of the Jersey shore. You'd think with so much competition from the other 99 pizza shops along there, they'd try and step it up. Wrong. Paper-thin, greasy slop.

I can back this one up. I used to spend weekends in Wildwood NJ several times every summer, and though there are seemingly pizza joints every 25 yards along the boardwalk, the pizza from every one of them tastes EXACTLY THE SAME - like cheese covered cardboard.

Of course, if you're stumbling back to your hotel at 1 AM after holding down a bar stool for several hours (which is a normal state of mind when you're weekending at the NJ shore), ANY pizza, even that stuff, still hits the spot if you're hungry enough.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I can back this one up. I used to spend weekends in Wildwood NJ several times every summer, and though there are seemingly pizza joints every 25 yards along the boardwalk, the pizza from every one of them tastes EXACTLY THE SAME - like cheese covered cardboard.

Of course, if you're stumbling back to your hotel at 1 AM after holding down a bar stool for several hours (which is a normal state of mind when you're weekending at the NJ shore), ANY pizza, even that stuff, still hits the spot if you're hungry enough.

Can I get an "AMEN"?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Can I get an "AMEN"?

AAAAA-MEN!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:48 am

Quote :
Paper-thin, greasy slop.

You just described my favorite kind of pizza. The kind where you're compelled to sponge off the orange grease. However, I leave it knowing full well I'll be taking a ride on the porceline coaster later.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:52 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
However, I leave it knowing full well I'll be taking a ride on the porceline coaster later.

🚽
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:56 am

That's it!! Ah, the glory of modern life. An emoticon for everything!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:09 am

Friday was a "cheat" day for me so me and the girls got a big pizza and went to have lunch with Momma at work. This thread had me craving it, so I went and paid double for the good stuff at Dante's instead of chain pizza. SO good! We were trying to remember when we last had pizza....it was mid-March!! Pizza once a quarter? That's what it's come down to for me. Sad

However, I think that made the experience all the better.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:38 am

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Their sauce is too sweet - but the thin crust is the only one I like from Papa's. As far as chains go, I don't like Dominos, Papa John's - only the think crust, Vocelli's is OK - there pan is good. Pizza Hut Pan Supreme is my favorite CHAIN pizza. Of course, Uno's has great pizza for a chain. Ledo Pizza has some really good pizza too - different type of curst. IMO, you have to find the mom and pop places to find the best pizza.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:12 am

Quote :
Papa John's - only the think crust,

Pizza for the Mensa crowd....
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 5:16 pm

A small, local place I have been going to for over 30 years called Tony's Pizza Palace. It's owned by a Greek guy named Gus. Phenomenal. I just got a large pizza Friday night. I go there at least once a week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:00 pm

I miss the days of pizza once a week! (and Chinese and steak and.....) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:29 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Papa John's - only the think crust,

Pizza for the Mensa crowd....

LOL! I am not the greatest typest on the world! I have to have spell check set on my email at work or I'd look like an idiot at work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Bunny's in Maplewood, New Jersey was very good. There was another place in Maplewood, NJ that had good pizza but I forgot the name.

Last edited by thrashmetalhead on Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Put a period instead of a comma)
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:56 am

the best pizza i have ever had was from a shop i dont know where cos my mate ordered. it was a donner kebab pizza and it was the most amazing thing i have ver eaten
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:18 pm

I grew up on the pizza chains, it was all I was exposed to as a kid (family nights at Pizza Hut, delivery from Domino's/Pizza Hut/Little Caesar's). Pizza Hut is my absolute favorite (thin crust, pepperoni & hamburger) but I've only had it ONCE in the last 2 and half years because there are no Pizza Huts nearby. Sad They have the best breadsticks ever. I'm going back to visit my family down south in late July, where they DO have Pizza Huts in abundance and I'm going to make sure we order it one night. Smile

My fiancee and I usually end up getting Domino's (good deals, but I seem to remember the pizza being better a long time ago) or Jet's. Jet's is pretty good. I know they're all over Michigan, not sure about the rest of the country.

Eyesore wrote:

Ugh. I can't stand Papa John's. I used to love'em when I was a kid, they were the new pizza chain in town and for awhile, they held a place in my heart above Pizza Hut & Domino's. Back in '93, right after eating Papa John's, I threw up and I swore it off until a few years ago. It wasn't too bad, but that vomiting incident has ruined it permanently for me. There's commercials for'em all the time here, but the only one I know of in town went out of a business awhile ago. It was a nasty little hole in the wall Papa John's as well, nothing like their usual buildings. Perhaps it was a knockoff Papa John's?

Do they still do the garlic butter & cheese dipping sauces? I think the garlic sauce is what made me sick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 2:16 am

local Pizza place called Tony's awesome pizza , another was in Alaska called Pizza Express only pizza i couldnt finish in one sitting, and as far as chains there is a Canadian Chain ironically enough called Boston Pizza awesome restraunt!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Maybe Chicago is better,

I'm going to Chicago in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to stuffing my gob with some legendary Chicago deep-dish.

I sampled my first taste of authentic Chicago deep dish last week and while I thought it was tasty and goes great with a icy pint of brew, overall, I wasn't too impressed. Good, but not great.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:22 pm

I had it at a little Pizzeria in germany was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where have you had your best slice?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2