Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where have you had your best slice?

Go down 
+13
EvyMetal
Mattallica667
mc666
XYZ
Troublezone
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
Stender
tohostudios
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Where have you had your best slice? Empty
PostSubject: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:05 pm

Where have you had your best slice of pizza?

I've had NYC pizza and it was OK. Maybe Chicago is better, but my vote goes for....

The Pizza Place, Parkersburg, WV.

Thick crust, awesome cheese and pepperoni. Greasy. All the things that make pizza great. Everytime I go home, I have to eat there. It's one of the things I truly miss about WV.

Where have you had your best slice? Pizzaplace
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Local place, at Vernon Pizza. Then again, I haven't had slices of pizza from many places.

Are NYC & Chicago pizza as good as some say?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:11 pm

I grew up around the corner from a little place called King Pizza in Paramus, NJ... I was practically raised on that pizza. I miss it terribly. The joint was totally old school. They had maybe six tables in the place, and the menu was not very big -- either round pie or Sicilian, traditional toppings (no weird stuff), hell, this place didn't even deliver until the late 90s, it was strictly walk-in and pickup. Even after I moved out of my parent's place, if I happened to be in my old hood I'd always scoot in there for a quick slice.

Sadly, the original owner retired six or seven years ago and sold the place to a younger guy. The new guy now delivers, he has "gourmet" pizza on the menu and their "regular" pies are not even close to being as good as the "classic" King's. Sigh. Sad

There's a place called Frank's Pizza where I live now that's quite good as well. They're apparently part of a small regional chain throughout Northern NJ and Pennsylvania. Good stuff, but not quite the same vibe as a hole-in-the-wall, family owned kinda joint.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:13 pm

Yeah, the local stuff is always the best, I think.

Straight up cheese and if you're feeling adventurous, pepperoni, is all you need on a pie.

Damn Pizza Hut for throwing all that crap on their pizzas. angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Lately the wife and I have grown fond of making homemade pizza. We have a bread machine that makes a kick-ass pizza crust. It's way cheaper too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:25 pm

The current place we order from, Villagio's, has not disappointed us yet. We usually have it delivered, but occasionally I'll pick it up. There is an older Greek guy (the owner, I assume) running around in the back yelling and screaming at everyone, but then he'll come up to the front and ask you "How you doin', good? Got everything you need, yea? Ok, you have good day".
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:42 pm

I have had good pizza, but have yet to find the "perfect" slice
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:01 pm

Easily the best pizza I've ever had was at a place in Nashville called "Obie's". I love really deep dish pizza and this place made the best. My best friend at the time were bemoaning the fact that we couldn't get good pizza in Murfreesboro. So he had this idea that the best pizza places would probably be near a college. We went to Vanderbilt and started walking. The first place we found was Obie's.

Their pizzas were so thick and piled high with toppings that a small was enough for the two of us. I've never had pizza that even comes close to "The Flying Tomato" pizza.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:16 pm

All about "Cosmic pizza" in Eugene Oregon baby! Actually I just remembered a better place that used to be in my home town Florence OR called "paizonnos". The mom of a girl that I used to go to school with ran it and everybody that worked there were like 2nd or 3rd generation Greek, totally the real deal. Cosmic pizza is a venue for bands also though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:57 pm

The one my mom is doing or there's a good one too made by a restaurent call Robert. Taste good!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:04 pm

I was a kid so I don't remember the joint's name, but I remember the exact location.

Baltimore, MD - The Harbor Place. 1st level - North East corner. You had to stand and eat at these elevated tables. Best.Pizza.Ever.

There's a local joint here called Dante's - they make what you talk about Spec - just cheese and you're in heaven.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:16 am

This is easy because I've nevery had much experience with pizza by the slice excetp at Sbarro. The best I had was from a mall where I used to live over 10 years ago. These days it's still pretty good but nowhere near as good as back then. Don't know if my tastes have just changed or it they've just gone downhill. The best pizza I've ever had is at a place that is now a Carino's, an italian restaraunt chain and it was their five cheese pizza. Haven't had it since it became a Corino's (I can't remember what it used to be called) but this thread has made me decide to get it next time my Dad takes me there.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 am

I thought this thread was going to be about something else. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:31 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I thought this thread was going to be about something else. Embarassed

Well go ahead and tell us that story. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:33 am

This place a couple cities over in Fullerton (Angelo and Vinci's) has great pizza and lasagna.

http://vbuttons.com/vbutton.php?clip_id=3598
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:43 am

I used to likle Gino and Joe's in Upstate NY. They had multiple locations. Pizza in the south sucks.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:20 am

I can't remember what it was called, but there was this hole-in-the-wall pizza place in DC that sold 5 dollar slices of pizza that were as large as a ten inch pizza.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:50 am

Quote :
Maybe Chicago is better,

I'm going to Chicago in a few weeks and I'm looking forward to stuffing my gob with some legendary Chicago deep-dish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:25 pm

American Dream in Portland. Little hole in the wall run by a bunch of hippies but they did the pizza right. Lots of garlic.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:11 pm

i don't like pizza, i'm going back to the weiner thread.

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:14 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
American Dream in Portland. Little hole in the wall run by a bunch of hippies but they did the pizza right. Lots of garlic.

Better lots of garlic than lots of "cilantro" coming from Hippies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Naty, Cilantro might be the worst single spice ever invented. These hippies were more the, anti-government slacker types. Not the hardcore birkenstock, VW van types.
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 5:45 pm

Oh, THAT type of slice. lol!
I honestly don't know. I guess I gotta say this place somewhere in Connecticut about 5 years ago. Either that or this place in NYC. I forget the name.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:07 pm

On a related note; Pizza is one of those foods that is similar to sex.

Worst pizza I've ever had was still good!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Anyone got Papa Gino's near them? Some of the best pizza I've ever had. In fact, when I went to Italy, the authentic Italian pizza tasted more like Papa Gino's than any other pizza I've had elsewhere. Good stuff.

I also dig Papa John's. Thin crust, with that garlic butter sauce. Holy crap is that good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where have you had your best slice?   Where have you had your best slice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where have you had your best slice?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next