Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amaseffer - Slaves for Life

Go down 
+3
Lurideath
Olafsto
exact33
7 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Empty
PostSubject: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:10 am

Amaseffer's new release 'Slaves for Life' is now out! I for one have been waiting for this since I came across them on myspace. They are prog metal band doing a 3 cd opus on the Book of Exodus very much in the style of Saviour Machine but heavier. The release is out on Insideout and the Lasers Edge is carrying it. The singer on this album is Mats Leven.

www.myspace.com/amaseffer

Alex

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Been thinking of getting something from this band a long time.
The samples I`ve heard on Myspace earlier have sounded great..
Maybe i`ll go for this new one, Mats Leven is a top class vocalist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 1:35 pm

I am pysched for this cd to come. LE has it for $15 which is a decent price.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Picked this up today. What are your thought? I'm listening now, and I really dig what I hear. I think it's probably going to be too mellow and introspective at times for most prog-metal fans. The "cut scenes" are top-notch, not an ounce of "bad acting" yet. Really interesting listen so far.

This would make for the kind of movie I love, so I'm really digging it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:04 pm

Got this a week ago but still haven't heard it. Its still in the plastic. I'll check it out though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 5:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Got this a week ago but still haven't heard it. Its still in the plastic. I'll check it out though.
This album will polarize people, I think. It has a lot of personality, a lot of depth. I thought it was great! I haven't listened to it loud, though, as I'm at work, but I'm thinking it'll get better once I sit down and digest it completely.

I don't imagine this will appeal to those looking for a wall-to-wall prog-metal album. Those people will love the heavy songs and complain that there's too much mellow, interlude-like parts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:24 pm

Only two reviews on Metal Archives, but they're 100% and 98%. Damn. Surprising.

One review pointed out the band I was thinking the album reminded me of but couldn't remember. Orphaned Land. Particularly Mabool (a frickin' masterpiece in my book). This album definitely has a Mabool feel to it, and it seems like it's equally as good.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:26 pm

Its too mellow is biggest complaint I have heard from others. I however think it is really well done and pretty interesting. It at times reminds me a little of Saviour Machine with more theatrics. It is one of those cds you really have to sit down and pay attention to though. I have tried to listen at work and I pop it in and work and then its over and I cant remember listening to it!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:27 pm

So just how "prog" is this?

I like the concept of this album but I'm reeeeeaaaallllly picky about my prog metal.

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I like the concept of this album but I'm reeeeeaaaallllly picky about my prog metal.
You heard Mabool? I'd say it's like that, but replace their more death metal leanings with a style that touches on Wastefall and Redemption.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Its prog but its not Dream theater/circus maximus prog. Its lavish, moody, layered and musically diverse. The album flows together as a whole...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 7:44 pm

Hmmm...sounds like I need to check it out.

I can't stand Dream Theater and that kind of wanky prog but I like stuff like Royal Hunt and Shadow Gallery.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Reviving an older thread.

I have had this disc for a number of months now and I find myself returning to it often. This is definately a disc that I have found myself growing into, as after the first few spins I was not into it as much as I read others were. But for whatever reason, I have kept coming back to it and have been getting into the whole scope of the release. I do find that I need to listen through the whole disc start to finish to truly 'get it'.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:33 am

Yeah, it certainly took me by surprise too. It ended pretty high on my to 20 list for 2008. GREAT disc, and like Eyesore, I immidiatly thought about Orphaned Land when I played it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:44 pm

I'll be picking this one up for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amaseffer - Slaves for Life   Amaseffer - Slaves for Life Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amaseffer - Slaves for Life
Page 1 of 1