Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Other Languages

Go down 
+11
jstate
kmorg
Lurideath
GrandNational
mc666
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
krokus
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Other Languages - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 8:59 am

You want to talk accents? Listen to Angra's cover of "Painkiller" on the Judas Priest tribute that Century Media put out years back.

"Fasta dan a boo-let, terrifyin scream
Enraged an' fool of anga, he half man and half mo-sheen
Like a metal monsta, breeding smoke and fi-yah
Closing een wees wengeance, soaring HIIIIIIGH
He ees da painkeelah
Dis ees da painkeelah!"

Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:17 pm

yea i know what you mean im sure youve seen this nightwish video of misheard lyrics
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:14 am

Depends on if their speaking their native language or not. I prefer English just because thats what I speak primarily but if its a band like Narnia that sings not in their home language and the symplistic lyrics reflect that, I think I'd rather have the music in what they usually speak in.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:21 am

Stender wrote:
Depends on if their speaking their native language or not. I prefer English just because thats what I speak primarily but if its a band like Narnia that sings not in their home language and the symplistic lyrics reflect that, I think I'd rather have the music in what they usually speak in.

In the case of Narnia, I read in an interview that they believe metal sounds too corny in Swedish and that is why they don't do it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:31 am

I don't understand how Metal would sound different simply based on which language it's sung in. The Finnish band Teräsbetoni sounds awesome in their language. Sure, I wish I knew what they were saying, but I'd buy their album in a heart beat if I could get it for $15.00 US.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 2:54 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Personne n'aime la musique en français ici? Pas la musique de France car moi je ne l'aime pas mais celle du Québec. Moi j'adore la musique anglaise mais aussi celle en français. Après tout je suis à la base quelqu'un qui parle en français.

That's a thread about other languages so let's talk about MINE! What you didn't understand...? I'll translate for you...

So...Nobody over here like French musique? Not only musique from France (Don't really like the accent) but the musique from Québec. I reallly like English Musique but French is my mother language so...

Like i said before i dont care about the lirics thats why i love french metal bands that sing in french, like SORTILEGE, H-BOMB, BLASPHEME, TRUST, ADX and a long etc...
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:32 pm

i enjoy music in other languages, especially german or the scandnaivian ones.
harsh words and accents for harsh music, good stuff.

and dude this song rocks.
your cd just got added to my wishlist
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:37 am

awesome glad you liked it!

anyone else have feedback on the song?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:26 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy greedy
headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger headbanger
cool cool cool
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:34 am

Aw shoot, I got so wrapped up in preparing for (and then recovering from) the Iron Maiden gig over the weekend that I totally forgot to check out your tune, P.R.D. -- will do so this evening if I remember. Sorry, I suck. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 11:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Aw shoot, I got so wrapped up in preparing for (and then recovering from) the Iron Maiden gig over the weekend that I totally forgot to check out your tune, P.R.D. -- will do so this evening if I remember. Sorry, I suck. Sad

lol thats ok I forgive you.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:30 am

Checking it out now. Sounds pretty cool to me. 🤘

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 12:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Checking it out now. Sounds pretty cool to me. 🤘

doesnt matter anymore. you took too long lol j/k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other Languages   Other Languages - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other Languages