Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Foreign Languages

Go down 
+16
Required Fields
DeathCult
Troublezone
mc666
DallasBlack
XYZ
GrandNational
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
Fat Freddy
Stender
manny
iamrockerfun
kmorg
akeldama
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:02 am

Anyone here speak anything other than English? Which language(s)? I speak Spanish and Swahili (still learning that one). I also knew ASL but it's been 8 years so I've lost 95% of it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:23 am

English is my foreign language!

I also understand some German, but have no longer the ability to speak much of it.

I can speak Swedish, pretty good, and I do amean jibberish!

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:26 am

English is my second language until I have enough coffee in the morning.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:54 am

kmorg wrote:
English is my foreign language!

I also understand some German, but have no longer the ability to speak much of it.

I can speak Swedish, pretty good, and I do amean jibberish!

det var just snyggt!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:55 am

Google translation sucks! Laughing

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:58 am

Ha! what did I really say? If anything at all.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 11:44 am

The problem with Goggle translation is that it translates word for word, so sometimes the meaning gets lost or bent when translated. I guess you were trying to say: That's just nice! or something similar. But if I translate it back to English, it says: That was just now pretty!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 5:35 pm

English, German, Czech, Russian, Ukrainian, Latvian, Poland, Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian ... etc.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:10 pm

English,Spanish, and and very little Portuguese
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:37 pm

English, sequlish, spanish,
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:20 pm

kmorg wrote:
The problem with Goggle translation is that it translates word for word, so sometimes the meaning gets lost or bent when translated. I guess you were trying to say: That's just nice! or something similar. But if I translate it back to English, it says: That was just now pretty!

Ugh! Blech!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:22 pm

manny wrote:

I'm sure your Spanish is a little bit to guite a bit diferent from mine. Where I'm from we have a very distinct type of Spanish not found outside of our area, people from other places that speak Spanish always try to say we don't speak proper Spanish. angry
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:28 pm

akeldama wrote:
manny wrote:

I'm sure your Spanish is a little bit to guite a bit diferent from mine. Where I'm from we have a very distinct type of Spanish not found outside of our area, people from other places that speak Spanish always try to say we don't speak proper Spanish. angry

I used to get that also, my mom is Columbine and my father was Puerto Rican, so I know where your coming from.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:30 pm

manny wrote:
akeldama wrote:
manny wrote:

I used to get that also, my mom is Columbine and my father was Puerto Rican, so I know where your coming from.

Hey, manny, what's the "traditional" Spanish meal over there? Here it's beans, potatoes, green or red chile and tortillas.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:38 pm

I took German for four years of high school, but never continued with it after that. I kinda wish I had now. What little command I had of it is pretty much gone now.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:54 pm

akeldama wrote:
manny wrote:
akeldama wrote:
manny wrote:

Hey, manny, what's the "traditional" Spanish meal over there? Here it's beans, potatoes, green or red chile and tortillas.

Rice, beans (black), chicken, or pork or beef. Sometimes they would cook a pasteles, the meal I described is a very traditional Pureto Rican meal.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:45 pm

I understand enough Spanish to get around and watch Telemundo. I have 4 years of Spanish training under my belt so I like to think I'm pretty good at it. I'm also taking German classes here at the Junior College.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:14 pm

English and enough spanish to get by if visiting a spanish speaking country, but not enough to have a conversation.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:23 pm

I don't speak nothing but Engrish. And I don't even do that very goodly. Or is it gooder?

My brother is a high-school Spanish teacher and he likes to call and leave me important messages in Spanish just to bust my stones.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:31 pm

I speak my native tongue Armenian and also understand a bit of Turkish since my parents speak it fluently. I used to understand Russian once when I was a young lad, but abandoned it for English. I took four years of Spanish and probably should have never stopped, I was getting good at it. My grandma speaks Arabic and I have relatives who speak Greek and others who speak Persian. I wish I knew them all.
Back to top Go down

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Only Engrish for me, but I'd love to learn German.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:26 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Only Engrish for me, but I'd love to learn German.

NEIN!!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:24 pm

I know a little bit of Spanish, but not much else.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:05 am

English, Swedish (Swedish Chef Style Very Happy ), Spanish Jibberish, and various other jibberish. Oh, and I speak British as well.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:14 am

i speak fluent Spanish, plus i can do sign language if that counts.

Sponsored content

Foreign Languages Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Languages   Foreign Languages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foreign Languages
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next