Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Post... Big Question

Go down 
+13
scottmitchell74
Mattallica667
ultmetal
DallasBlack
tohostudios
SAHB Healer
ThrashedOutCobra33
mc666
Thrasher73
Stender
MetalH
White_Mage
IHATEGENRES
17 posters
AuthorMessage
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

First Post... Big Question Empty
PostSubject: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:45 pm

My name might say it all but here I go on the first post...

What is with the genre hate these days. It seems as if no one can cross genres without getting hate. I own everything from Nunslaghters, Killed by the Cross all the way to Bleeding Throughs, The Truth. I really enjoy all kinds of Death/Thrash/Black/Metalcore/ and even some of the harder Nu-smurf poo. My problem is that I get blasted by all groups from all different ways. The Death guys tell me I need to go cry and listen to the Metalcore, while metalcore friends say I need to go rape goats if I listen to Nile every once in a while. Is it possible that someone can respect all this stuff or am I just a very odd example?
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:52 pm

HOM is defently not that kind of place were all pretty much like you we listen to what we want to listen to, and F*ck you if you dont like it, you should never listen to music on someone else's terms

keep in mind we have alot of jokers round here so if you see genre blasting or anything like that 99% of the time someones kidding around

Welcome To Heart Of Metal, Brotha
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:12 am

I'm a n00b too... Been lurking for quite a while and only now getting around to posting. This place is great! Everyone gets along and we all have a deep love for METAL! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:19 am

You really shouldnt care if people embrace all genres here or not. pardon the lingo, but just go out there with your finger up and your c**k out in the terms of which you like. People should respect you for that.

Welcome and have fun! watch out for Eyesore and spectre, their scary at first but you'll get used to em. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:20 am

Good post lol. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:39 am

Welcome I Hate,you'll find most peeps here are open minded and like alot of different stuff.And dont let MetalH fool ya,hes a Wanker. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:52 am

IHATEGENRES wrote:
My name might say it all but here I go on the first post...

What is with the genre hate these days. It seems as if no one can cross genres without getting hate. I own everything from Nunslaghters, Killed by the Cross all the way to Bleeding Throughs, The Truth. I really enjoy all kinds of Death/Thrash/Black/Metalcore/ and even some of the harder Nu-smurf poo. My problem is that I get blasted by all groups from all different ways. The Death guys tell me I need to go cry and listen to the Metalcore, while metalcore friends say I need to go rape goats if I listen to Nile every once in a while. Is it possible that someone can respect all this stuff or am I just a very odd example?
you and I are much the same in that area. this is the forum to be at. there are a few close minded peeps pertaining to certain genres...but you'll find that most everyone here enjoys a wide spectrum of musical styles.

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:52 am

Just don't mention Korn or start any new Metallica threads, and you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:27 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

We have those threads already?.. man ive been missing out.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:34 am

I think you came to the right place. Many of the people here have a bad case of genre fatigue (I know I do). The only advice I'd give is to try and bring something unique to the board.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:54 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

And don't start any new polls.

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:56 am

But feel free to repeat as many topics as you can.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:58 am

Especially if the topic is Nightwish.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:08 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Just don't mention Korn

Or Nightwish Very Happy . Sorry IHATEGENRES, inside joke. Welcome aboard metal brother headbanger .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:25 am

What's up IHATEGENRES. Welcome. Listen to what you like and don't worry about what others tell you.

I myself might have something as mellow as Genesis or Pink Floyd playing then put in some Mortification or Gorefest the next minute. It's about what you like, not what others tell you to listen to.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:51 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
So basically, I'm screwed. lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:06 am

Welcome IHATE!
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:07 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Welcome I Hate,you'll find most peeps here are open minded and like alot of different stuff.And dont let MetalH fool ya,hes a Wanker. Smile

angry angry

First Post... Big Question 505193
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It's about what you like, not what others tell you to listen to.

Try telling that one to my girlfriend lol!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Mattallica667 wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
So basically, I'm screwed. lol!

Yeah, but you forgot the poll part! Laughing very hard

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

And don't start any new polls.

But I didn't

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 8:20 pm

I don't care for all genres of metal but I don't trash or bash anyone because of what they like, to each there own I say!

BTW welcome to the group!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:47 pm

Welcome to the board!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Post... Big Question   First Post... Big Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Post... Big Question
Page 1 of 1