Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wildhearts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

The Wildhearts Empty
PostSubject: The Wildhearts   The Wildhearts Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:31 pm

A friend of mine recently died. He was a fanatic Wildhearts fan. I've decided that a way to always remind myself of him would be to start listening to some Wildhearts material. I know a few of their songs and what I've heard is great but I was just wondering if there are any Wildhearts fans on here and if you could recommend some songs to me and if you really wanted to, recommend some of Ginger's solo albums to me.

\m/ Max \m/
Back to top Go down

The Wildhearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wildhearts   The Wildhearts Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:21 pm

http://www.heartofmetal.net/heart-of-metal-f1/the-wildhearts-t4135.htm

Sorry about your friend, man.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Wildhearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wildhearts   The Wildhearts Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:32 pm

I have yet to find any WILDHEARTS that is not at least decent, the sole exception being "Endless...Nameless" which may have okay sans the atrocious avant garde production....

As I said great band Start with the ENTIRE "Earth Vs The WIldhearts" and straight on from there....

I'm sure our ol RattPosion will be here at some point to give you a wordy well mapped out course to plot on your expedition into WILDHEARTSDOM....

Sorry about your friend...Loss is a sad necessity. Think of your friend fondly and often...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Wildhearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wildhearts   The Wildhearts Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:42 am

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about your friend, it's always sad to lose a friend particuarly a Wildhearts fanatic. The Wildhearts are one of those rare original bands that just hook you and never let go and make ordinary souls into obsessive fans for life.

As reverend Shiney said, Earth Vs. The Wildhearts (1993) is your best place to start. Just 12 songs of sugary poptastic hooks dressed in all manner of shabby heavy metal and punk clothing.

P.H.U.Q. (1995) is the next one to get, again brilliant. Hookier even then the debut and provides sleepless nights for me when deciding their best out of this and the debut.

Then after that it could really go either way. Their new one The Wildhearts (2007) is brilliant and so is The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed (2003) or Riff After Riff (2002) which is exactly what it says on the tin.

But don't take my word for it, check the link Eyesore provided. There was alot Wildhearts jabbering going on in there so you can get a feel for what other people think about this bands essential rock n' roll catalogue.

Anyway run along now, you've got some shopping to do. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Wildhearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wildhearts   The Wildhearts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wildhearts
Page 1 of 1