Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Kennedys!

Go down 
+6
thejokeriv
jstate
spiritoradio
TrogDawn
Stender
tohostudios
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:35 pm

Who likes them? This guys rules! They are one of my favourite Punk bands ever! I' m waiting for a reunion with original singer Jello, that would be spectacular! Your favourite songs? Some of mine are (in no order):

-Police Truck
-Too Drunk To Smurf
-Holyday in Cambodia
-California Uber Alles
-Kill The Poor
-Religious Vomit
-Nazi Punks Smurf Off
-Bleed For Me

Oh, and Jello on live videos is a crazyman! Check out:

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=zET_IR0qctY
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=_jy04ACD030
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQ19tAw6h0&feature=related

Last edited by JerryOnly on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:57 pm

I love "Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegatables".

If you like Dead Kennedys, also check out Lard.

Jello Biafra fronting Al Jourgenson (Ministry).

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:19 pm

DK's are cool, I like Fresh fruit for rotten vegetables as well.

Whats lard Toho? does it have DK members?

fav songs are....

lets lynch the landlord
kill the poor
uber alles

I think that it is awesome that jello Biafra ran for mayor of San Fransisco, I think he got quite a few votes also.
Back to top Go down

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Yeah, you guys are right, Fresh Fruit is DK at their best! But i Like Plastic Surgery too alot!!....
Never heard bout "Lard" but thanks, I'll better check them as soon as possible! Very Happy

Last edited by JerryOnly on Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:34 pm

Stender wrote:

fav songs are....

lets lynch the landlord
kill the poor
uber alles

I think that it is awesome that jello Biafra ran for mayor of San Fransisco, I think he got quite a few votes also.

Lard is essentially Jello Biafra on vox leading Al Jourgenson of Ministry. And that's what it sounds like; a cross between Dead Kennedys and Ministry. Very weird but required listening if you like DK IMO.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Dead Kennedys! 31345e
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 5:23 am

The Dead Kennedys rule! In fact I'm listening to them right now at work, while checking the board and out of the blue a DK Thread, pretty cool. I like Jello's adlib stories on stage like in the song "Night of the Living Rednecks". Police Truck, Holiday in Cambodia, To Drunk to F..., I Fought the Law, Pull My Strings, all great stuff.

"Is my C#@$ big enough? Is my brain small enough? For you to make me a star? Give me a toot and I'll sell you my soul, Pull my strings and I'll go far."
-"Pull My Strings" by Jello Biafra
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:58 am

Love DK. But to be honest, Jello's spoken word albums appeal to me more than the music. He is EXTREMELY socially conscience, funny, educated. If ya ever want to hear some truth, as opposed to what General Electric wants you to believe, pick up any of his spoken word albums.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:34 am

Back at the time I couldn't stand DK. A lot of the skaters I knew played them non-stop. Jello's warbling really annoyed me. I would think, this could be cool if they had a guy who could sing.

A few years later I get into Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy and one of my favorites on that disc is the re-make of California Uber Alles with Jello singing the chorus. Think I borrowed someone's copy of Fresh Fruit and instantly changed my previous opinion.

Not something I break-out too often but I do get in those moods where they are musically what I need. Dead Milkmen are the same way.

Along with Lard and the spoken word stuff, I'd also highly recommend Jello's records he did with the Melvins "Never Breathe What You Can't See" and "Sieg Howdy"
Back to top Go down

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:39 am

Stender wrote:

fav songs are....

lets lynch the landlord
kill the poor
uber alles

Yup, and also in 2004 Jack Grisham (of T.S.O.L. fame) ran for governor of California but alas, we all know who he lost to.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Great band!!!!! Winabago Warrior!!!! Kill The Poor!! Nazi Punks *BEEP* Off!!! Of course, the whole late 70's early 80's punk scene had some good music like Blag Flag, some of the butthole surfers stuff - way better than the coming down the mountain they had out in the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:17 pm

Giant DK fan. My favorite album is Frankenchrist, and no, not because of the penis poster. Very Happy
And yeah, Jello's spoken word albums are pretty good too. Really makes ya think
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 12:05 pm

The Dead Kennedy's what a great band !! Fav album " Fresh Fruit for
Rotting" contains all the classics "Kill the Poor" "California Uber
Alles" and others, also can't forget the classic DK love song " Too
Drunk to Boink".

Also responsiable for one favorite song/spoken word titles ever "Night of the Living Rednecks" classic!!!

As far as reunion between Jello and the boys don't hold your breathe,
the band members all sued each other over dispute over royalities and
ownership of the name, Jello lost and bad blood continues between them,
which is too bad.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:48 am

Never liked Jello's vocals.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:25 pm

I picked up some DK over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Which ones?
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Fresh Fruit & a an early live one, cant remember the title off the top of my head. My bro at the record shop just called & some girl just traded off about 10 Black Flag cd's He's saving them for me. I've been on a Punk/Primus kick here lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dead Kennedys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Kennedys!   Dead Kennedys! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Kennedys!
Page 1 of 1