Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Track & Field anyone?

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
XYZ
scottmitchell74
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Track & Field anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 8:35 am

Since I was a kid I've loved T&F. There were two great meets on yesterday. The Pac-10 Championship and a Grand Prix meet in NY.

What peeves me is....they didn't show the men's 100m and wouldn't you know a World Record was set!!!! angry angry angry

Most of the races were very good and competitive. The women's 100M is so tight it'll be very interesting come Olympics time.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:52 pm

ASU!! ASU!! ASU!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:14 am

xyz wrote:
i.e. Nah, not into Track & Field. lol!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:27 am

I'm into it. Been doing it all 4 years in high school. I do shotput and discus on varsity. I am more advanced in shotput, getting the glide technique down and such. I throw a 12 pound shot. In discus, I'm what you call "not that good" or "terrible". I got the lowest PR on the team. BUT the highest in shot. Cool
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 7:41 am

Great Evy!! I like to hear about that!

xyz wrote:
Quote :
i.e. Nah, not into Track & Field. Track & Field anyone? Lol

ASU has a great Track & Field program.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:57 am

Eyesore wrote:
xyz wrote:
i.e. Nah, not into Track & Field. lol!

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:07 am

I thought this was gonna be a thread about the old Atari video game. Man, I loved that game, although it was pretty rough on the joystick.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:07 am

Track & Field anyone? Globey

This is as close to participating in real Track & Field as I ever got.

By the way, no, the doofus in this pic is NOT me, it's the arcade game collector whose site I pinched this pic off of.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:09 am

That T&F game was awesome on Super Nintendo (or was it original NES?). My friend and I messed up our thumbs playing that thing as kids. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:10 am

spectrefate wrote:
That T&F game was awesome on Super Nintendo (or was it original NES?). My friend and I messed up our thumbs playing that thing as kids. Smile

Did you ever try the arcade version shown above? It didn't use joysticks! You had to beat the unholy crap out of a pair of buttons to get the little guy to run, jump, etc. It took forever to get the hang of that thing!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:10 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Track & Field anyone? Globey

This is as close to participating in real Track & Field as I ever got.

By the way, no, the doofus in this pic is NOT me, it's the arcade game collector whose site I pinched this pic off of.

There was no way we could confuse that dork with you. This guy was never a Bad-Ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:11 am

I've never seen the arcade version. I didn't spend alot of time in arcades as a youth. There was too much masturbation to be had. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:12 am

spectrefate wrote:
I've never seen the arcade version. I didn't spend alot of time in arcades as a youth. There was too much masturbation to be had. Smile

That could be rougher on the joystick than the Atari game.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:13 am

spectrefate wrote:

I worked in a hardware store when I was in high school that had one of those Track & Field games near the front registers. It wouldn't have been my first choice when it came to gaming, but it was the only game they had. Thus, when I was on break and needed to get my video game fix, any port in a storm, as the saying goes.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 11:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

There was no way we could confuse that dork with you. This guy was never a Bad-Ass.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. 🤘

Troo Grimm Kvlt bad-asses NEVER wear sandals, even in the privacy of their own garage!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:14 pm

I like it Scott. Being from Oregon, something about U of O pops up when you talk Track and Field.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:36 pm

Oh, yeah! Oregon has an awesome Track & Field program.

To the other nerds, stay out!!!

Just kidding! I played that game, too. Could beat the buttons fast enough to be good. I bet if you had video of any of us playing that game it could be used for blackmail. You simply can't look cool and in fact probably look disturbed playing that game.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 pm

The sound of the people smashing that console was crazy. Then cussing up a storm when they couldn't get the qualifying score. Our local arcade actually posted a sign warning that such smashing/cussing would get you banned. So of course we devised a quiet pounding and look-out system. Man I loved that game but it was killer on the fingers, wrists and mental health.

To Scott's original topic - I was lucky in that my school didn't have any track teams. My dad was a track and field guy (still does senior events) and he got spared having to watch me try and compete. We would have a Field Day instead and I always wanted to beat this rival of mine (the school's golden boy). But the shotput and discus always was my undoing. It was pathetic. Plus they never did distance events (to my constant complaining) which was what I could win. I swore it was a conspiracy. I really did.

I have fond memories of going to the Penn Relays and Millrose games several times with my dad. And though they're not a great team when he visits we try to get to UNLV meets.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Awesome that you've been to the Penn Relays!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:21 pm

Going to those is what really got me into watching track & field. I had a whole new appreciation for those athletes. Some of those people are unreal how gifted they are. Although the first time we went to Franklin Field I thought it was going to collapse. Great history there but it was in rough shape. Fortunately they remodeled it. Plus since my dad was a member of the USATF we always got good seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Quote :
Oh, yeah! Oregon has an awesome Track & Field program.

It helps that Phil Knight throws money at them. His alma mater and all that.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:22 am

I played shotput for one year. I stunk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:30 am

I udes to play it on my Commodore 64. Worked up a real sweat too.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:24 am

Leatherface wrote:
I played shotput for one year. I stunk.

There was this one kid that really stunk on our team, He couldn't get it into the sand, it would just go about 15 feet ahead of him into the grass, had to feel sorry for him.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 3:35 pm

Kmorg or Olafsto - by any wild chance were you at the Bislett Games in Oslo? Just watched that on TV, some great action!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Track & Field anyone?   Track & Field anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Track & Field anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next