Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Helloween - The Dark Ride

Go down 
+10
mc666
krokus
scottmitchell74
A Handful of Wayne
Invader
tohostudios
DallasBlack
Muloc7253
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
14 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Helloween - The Dark Ride Empty
PostSubject: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:41 am

I was in an FYE down here by work and saw this in the used bin. I didn't have cash on me at the time, but I'm thinking of going back today to pick it up. Is it any good? I have 4 or 5 Helloween discs and I like them all pretty well, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a hard-core fan. I know they've put out a few clunkers so I wanted to hear some opinions before I got this one. Kmorg's & Ult's reviews were pretty decent. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:44 am

I love DARK RIDE, it's one of my fave Helloween discs. You are hereby ordered to return to that FYE immediately if not sooner and snap up that disc post haste, sir.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:49 am

Yep, maybe my favourite after Keeper I & II, although I've never heard WoJ.

It's not as dark as everybody makes out, infact it's not dark at all, but it's a damn fine album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:03 am

Great album indeed. My favorite tracks are If I Could Fly and All Over The Nations though all the songs are good (but then again I am a huge fan of the Deris material).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:26 am

There is a real good chance that I will indeed go back today and pick it up. Aside from the cash situation that I mentioned, I also wanted to do a little research first. I'm pretty confident it will still be there. 1.) The FYE is in a more "urban" area of the city and 2.) I purposley took it out of the "Helloween" section and tucked it in the "T"'s for safekeeping, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 11:39 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I purposley took it out of the "Helloween" section and tucked it in the "T"'s for safekeeping, just in case.

Hahaha, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's pulled that old dodge!! I've done that many a time. There was a CD store around the corner from my old office (man, I miss that place) that would often have GREAT stuff in the used bins, and if I didn't have enough $ to pick up an item right away I'd stash it in some other artists' section till I could come back and get it. ("Hmmm, I doubt any other Mentors fans will be browsing in the Warren Zevon section..."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:04 pm

I used to do that all the time at this huge used CD store here called Vintage Vinyl. I'd put KMFDM in with Celine Dion for example.

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:49 pm

I think The Dark Ride is overrated, but a ton of people call it their best Deris-era disc. I disagree, that's why I say it's overrated, but it's a damn good album. Definitely worth picking up, as is every album with Deris on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:22 pm

It' s probably my favourite Helloween album, even i likes Keeper I e II
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 1:50 pm

The Dark Ride is an amazing album, it's probably my favorite Helloween album
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:23 pm

Its Helloween of course its good. Even the albums people say are clunkers are good just buy all of their albums Laughing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:43 pm

Quote :
MetalGuy71 wrote:I purposley took it out of the "Helloween" section and tucked it in the "T"'s for safekeeping, just in case.

Yay! There seems to be a bunch of us that do this!!

The Dark Ride is awesome!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:51 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
MetalGuy71 wrote:I purposley took it out of the "Helloween" section and tucked it in the "T"'s for safekeeping, just in case.
Ever done this and forgot where you put the damn thing? I have. Haha.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Not a bad album but not near my fave by the band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 1:15 am

it's probably among my 5 fave Helloween releases. it's great. buy it.

mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:56 am

I actually just got this CD last week used for 6$ and it was in mint condition. I only have ever had Keepsers 1 & 2, and this was equal to them I was so suprised. I say buy it, it is an amazing disc!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:36 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

That's why at Virgin I search through everyting.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:18 am

My favorite Deris disc for sure. Much more aggressive than most Helloween albums.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:59 am

It's a great album! One of my favorite Helloween albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 2:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
Ever done this and forgot where you put the damn thing? I have. Haha.

I picked this up today, haven't listened to it yet. I went looking for it in the "t's" where I stashed it, but it wasn't there. Then I began to question if I stuck it somewhere else. All I needed to do was look under "Helloween" and there it was. I guess they re-stocked the shelves and put it back where it belonged.

EDIT: While I was browsing, I saw another used disc that I want to go back and get. It was Mystik - Perpetual Being. Checking Ult's site, it looks like a worthwhile pick-up for the price.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 2:53 pm

This the only Helloween I don't have - so I'm always on the look-out for it.

I would always stash the stuff in the classical or world music sections. I figured the people who might find it were like me - going through everything in the main sections. I think my best FYE finds are nowhere near where they should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helloween - The Dark Ride   Helloween - The Dark Ride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1