Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bloodstock 08

Go down 
+2
scottmitchell74
UltraMagnus007
6 posters
AuthorMessage
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

Bloodstock 08 Empty
PostSubject: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:37 pm

So, rather excited as I've just received my tickets for this rather wonderful UK festival.

Anyone else planning on making the trip?
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Bloodstock 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:25 am

is their no one here going to this,
Back to top Go down

Bloodstock 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Some sweet bands at this festival alright, I'd love to go but I'll have to see closer to the date.

Click the links for videos etc.....

Fri 15th August 2008

• AKERCOCKE
  • DESTRUCTION
  • HELLOWEEN
  • PRIMAL FEAR
  • TYR
  • COMMUNIC
  • EVILE
  • OPETH
  • SAINT DEAMON

Sat 16th August 2008

• CLOUDSCAPE
  • ELUVEITIE
  • MOB RULES
  • SOILWORK
  • DIMMU BORGIR
  • ICED EARTH
  • MOONSORROW
  • SWALLOW THE SUN

Sun 17th August 2008

• ALESTORM
  • AT THE GATES
  • GRAND MAGUS
  • NIGHTWISH
  • AS I LAY DYING
  • CROWNING GLORY
  • KATAKLYSM
  • OVERKILL
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Bloodstock 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Bloodstock looks awesome. What this means, Ultramangus, is that you just made my "hate" list. angry Mad :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Bloodstock 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 9:39 am

Now the excitement from download has died it's time for peoples attention to turn to the main event, BLOODSTOCK!!.

Seriously though I have been to Download twice and cannot think of a bigger waste of money. They advertise tons and tons of bands to really get you excited only for you to find that when you get there their are so many bloody stages and so many bands you wanted to see all playing at the same time you only infact actually get to see a small number of bands. Download is to big. I last went in 2006 and because of past experiance I stuck to the main stage and didn't bother trying to see anything else. All my fav bands came on such as Arch enemy 25min set, Satyricon 25min set etc. TRhe only band worth seeing was my reason for going Metallica. Other than the headliners no one gets enough time or a decent sound. And a 3 day pass gosts £160 ($320).

All hail Bloodstock.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Bloodstock 08 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 4:43 pm

• AKERCOCKE
  • DESTRUCTION
  • HELLOWEEN
  • PRIMAL FEAR
  • TYR
  • COMMUNIC
  • EVILE
  • OPETH
  • SAINT DEAMON

• Sat 16th August 2008

• CLOUDSCAPE
    • ELUVEITIE
    • MOB RULES
    • SOILWORK
    • DIMMU BORGIR
    • ICED EARTH
    • MOONSORROW
    • SWALLOW THE SUN

Sun 17th August 2008

• ALESTORM
    • AT THE GATES
    • GRAND MAGUS
    • NIGHTWISH
    • AS I LAY DYING
    • CROWNING GLORY
    • KATAKLYSM
    • OVERKILL

fainting That's just wrong!
    Back to top Go down
    sam
    Metal is in my blood
    Metal is in my blood
    sam

Number of posts : 3012

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 6:15 pm

tyr, opeth, iced earth, moonsorrow, kataklysm, as i lay dying, overkill all at one festival?
    do the god's hate me?
    first i going to miss wacken, now this?
    living in the middle of nowhere sucks
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
    UltraMagnus007
    Metal graduate
    Metal graduate
    UltraMagnus007

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:16 pm

Time to drag this thread back up as the mighty Bloodstock 08 draws ever closer. So excited. Anyone else going to this.
    Back to top Go down
    Smindas
    Metal is in my blood
    Metal is in my blood
    Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Had no idea there was this topic. I'll be there next Thursday, dead excited about it. Went last year, and it was absolutely amazing. This year looks to be even better!

Metal graduate
    Metal graduate
    UltraMagnus007

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Your right to be excited Smindas the lineup is amazing. This is my first time at Bloodstock. I've wanted to go in the past but my friends never fancied camping for the weekend. Finally convinced them when the VIP tickets came out as this guarantees showers, private food facilities, and security for the cars. If this turns out to be as good as it promises to be then this will become an annual event me thinks
    Back to top Go down
    Smindas
    Metal is in my blood
    Metal is in my blood
    Smindas

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 4:38 pm

I went to Download 2006 as my first fest, and while I enjoyed it quite a bit, Bloodstock last year was a lot better. The signing tent for one is great, I got to meet a good amount of some of my favourite bands. It's also a lot nicer being at a small festival, it seems to work better. Plus I got to the front quite a few times too, which was great. Also, the band members will quite often just be walking around the main field a lot. I ran in to Martin Walkyier of Sabbat / Skyclad fame, had a chat with him. It's shaping up to be even better this year, with the incredible line up. I am extremely excited about Iced Earth and Helloween especially.

My friend and I bought our tickets before the VIP stuff, but I doubt we'd have gone for those anyway. They're quite pricey! However, we both got the Rock Society passes, so we get a tour backstage and first in line for the signing sessions among a few other benefits, which should add to the fun!

Metal is in my blood
    Metal is in my blood
    Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:02 pm

No, won't be going to this. There are some really good bands on it though. Hope to hear of a full report when you return!
    Back to top Go down
    UltraMagnus007
    Metal graduate
    Metal graduate
    UltraMagnus007

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Smindas wrote:
    I went to Download 2006 as my first fest, and while I enjoyed it quite a bit, Bloodstock last year was a lot better. The signing tent for one is great, I got to meet a good amount of some of my favourite bands. It's also a lot nicer being at a small festival, it seems to work better. Plus I got to the front quite a few times too, which was great. Also, the band members will quite often just be walking around the main field a lot. I ran in to Martin Walkyier of Sabbat / Skyclad fame, had a chat with him. It's shaping up to be even better this year, with the incredible line up. I am extremely excited about Iced Earth and Helloween especially.

My friend and I bought our tickets before the VIP stuff, but I doubt we'd have gone for those anyway. They're quite pricey! However, we both got the Rock Society passes, so we get a tour backstage and first in line for the signing sessions among a few other benefits, which should add to the fun!

Smindas, what are the rock society passes, this sounds interesting. I'm still not 100% sure if my VIP ticket gets me a tour backstage or not, this would be great.
    Back to top Go down

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:36 pm

Which one of you two nice geezers is gonna snag me an offical shirt for the fest ? I have no more holidays left to take this year so I wont be in attendence.
    Back to top Go down
    Orion Crystal Ice
    Metal is in my blood
    Metal is in my blood
    Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Yeah. I want a Praying Mantis shirt and my British girlfriend isn't able to go. Razz
    Back to top Go down
    UltraMagnus007
    Metal graduate
    Metal graduate
    UltraMagnus007

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Locky wrote:
    Which one of you two nice geezers is gonna snag me an offical shirt for the fest ? I have no more holidays left to take this year so I wont be in attendence.

Shame your not going it's gonna be great. As I am feeling in a good mood PM me with size and details of where to send it. I'll let you know after the festival when it's sent. I'll do my best but don't have a lot of patience with queues at merch stalls, still I want a shirt for myself so shouldn't be a problem. Let me know how you want to pay aswell.
    Back to top Go down
    Smindas
    Metal is in my blood
    Metal is in my blood
    Smindas

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:55 pm

Unfortunately, there were only 150 Rock Soc passes available, and they all sold out about 2 months ago I believe. I got one of the last ones, #141. Still, if you're interested in meeting bands, you'll be able to go to the signing tent - just you may have to wait a while, depending on what band. Also, I wouldn't worry about merch stall queues, there were very quick last year. The metal market at the fest is great.

It's a shame you won't be coming Locky! Keep it open for next year, eh?

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Smindas wrote:
    It's a shame you won't be coming Locky! Keep it open for next year, eh?

I know it's a pure bastard, and there I was gonna get the 'Kill to sign my Tattoo on my back, although it's not a cool as the "Red Jesus" at the Mortal Sin meet & greet there last week at the H.O.A., that was comedy gold.

Thanks also UM007, I mp'd you there now.

as for Next year ??? can the bill top this year ? it will be a tough one.
    Back to top Go down
    Smindas
    Metal is in my blood
    Metal is in my blood
    Smindas

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Well, I didn't think last year's line up could be topped all that easily, but I have clearly been proven wrong. I'm sure it'll be as good a line up next year, at least.

Bloodstock 08 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Bloodstock 08   Bloodstock 08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodstock 08
    Page 1 of 1