Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs

Go down 
+9
Tall Tyrion
DeathCult
tohostudios
kmorg
Mortuary
Stender
MetalGuy71
mc666
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Empty
PostSubject: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:30 pm

I have woke up with this song in my head 3 times this week.

It's just so darn catchy.

However, as much as I like the jingle, I still don't hardly ever eat at Subway.

Thoughts?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=WHIo4VruGZY

For our Spanish friends: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=HFn26FHUJJ8&feature=related

Last edited by spectrefate on Thu May 15, 2008 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:51 pm

I don't have a Subway near me so I can't take advantage of this incredibly tempting offer. Sad

However, the "$5 Foot Long" jingle, catchy as it might be, has got nuthin' on this addictive little ditty from Subway's main competition, Quizno's. Take it away, Sponge Monkeys!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:52 pm

You like titles that are innuendos, and your sick in the head. What kind of thoughts did you want?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 12:55 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
You like titles that are innuendos, and your sick in the head. What kind of thoughts did you want?

For being a relatively new pain in my behind, you sure know my inner workings.

Yep, I'm not going to rewrite that statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Subway is latin for "Satan". And their food is what they will feed you in hell.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:17 pm

sweet, because i love Subway. probably gonna eat me some satan for lunch this afternoon.

never seen the commercial though.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Never tried 'em. With delis and pizza shops on dang near ever corner, no self-respecting Philly boy would go into a Subway or Pizza Hut. Although when I see the effect they've had on Jared....Ooooooga!

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu May 15, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:02 pm

My towns Subway just quit the 5 dollar deal......sooooo pissed right now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Quote :

emptytomb1 wrote:

For being a relatively new pain in my behind, you sure know my inner workings.

Yep, I'm not going to rewrite that statement.

Alright, i'll be serious for a second. If I cross a line tell me, i'm a sarcastic SOB and I enjoy finding people who think like me, but sometime I have no tact. I have appreciated your humor but if I need it, stuff a sandwich up my ass. I know, that's a bad line, wanna walk throught that door?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Never tried 'em. With delis and pizza shops on dang near ever corner, no self-respecting Philly boy would go into a Subway or Pizza Hut.

That reminds me... whose Philly cheesesteaks do you prefer, MG? Geno's or Pat's?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:53 pm

ET, there are no lines to cross with me. I think you're as cool as the other side of the pillow. Smile Honestly.

I just said I wasn't going to change my statement because there was an obvious double entendre there and I was going with it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 2:56 pm

butt dance 🤘

Now, back to your regularly scheduled foot long.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Never ate there.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Never tried 'em. With delis and pizza shops on dang near ever corner, no self-respecting Philly boy would go into a Subway or Pizza Hut.

That reminds me... whose Philly cheesesteaks do you prefer, MG? Geno's or Pat's?

Neither. Jim's Steak's on South Street. Although it's been years since I've had a cheesesteak. A few years ago, after Philly was named the fattest city in the country, some local news station did a report on exactly how unhealthy cheesesteaks really are. Of course, in our heads, we already knew that, but when the tv report lays it all out like that, it just kinda ruins the whole experience. They are tasty though, especially late night after boozin' it up.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:14 pm

We even used to have Subway in my little town. But it was so expensive, it went out of business quickly. I gues having McDonalds as the closest neighbor had something to do about it also.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:17 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets that jingle stuck on the brain. BTW, it's actually:

"5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs"

Oh, and the fact that there's a cartoon Godzilla in one of those ads doesn't hurt either.

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets that jingle stuck on the brain. BTW, it's actually:

Oh, and the fact that there's a cartoon Godzilla in one of those ads doesn't hurt either.

Finally I don't feel like such a freak. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm way late on this but someone mentioned Quiznos so I'm going to bring it up anyway. There was a male substitute teacher at the school I work at that the girls nicknamed Quiznos because he was a "hot sub". They may have plagiarized it but I still thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Finally I don't feel like such a freak. Smile

Oh, but you should... insane

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Auntie Saxon wrote:
I'm way late on this but someone mentioned Quiznos so I'm going to bring it up anyway. There was a male substitute teacher at the school I work at that the girls nicknamed Quiznos because he was a "hot sub". They may have plagiarized it but I still thought it was funny.

When that guy walked by did you all sing "WE LOVE DE SUUUUUB!" like those creepy little creatures in the Quizno's commercial? Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:26 pm

I've never seen a hot sub around here. Sandwich or human!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:28 pm

The last hot sub I saw was Howard Hesseman on Head of the Class.

Grrrr!

Wait.

Scrap that last statement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:37 pm

Did he sub on Head of the Class? I must have missed that episode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Thanks a lot by the way, I'm singing your jingle at my desk.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 3:39 pm

I thought Billy Connolly was the "sub" on "Head of the Class" when Howard Hesseman left the show.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs   5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5....5 Dolla....5 Dolla Foot Loooooooongs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next